• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,532
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Not sure what you mean.   It's water.  Can you elaborate more on what you're looking for?

Well, if you look at Strong's Hebrew definition of water in Gen 1: 2, it doesn't sound like water as I know H2O. 

מַיִם
mayim
mah'-yim
Dual of a primitive noun (but used in a singular sense); water; figuratively juice; by euphemism urine, semen: -  + piss, wasting, water (-ing, [-course, -flood, -spring]).

Edited by Dennis1209

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Dennis1209 said:

Well, if you look at Strong's Hebrew definition of water in Gen 1: 2, it doesn't sound like water as I know H2O. 

One thing to understand about Strong's is that it is an exhaustive concordance.   That means it gives you every possible meaning that a word can have or every usage of it in the Bible, without telling you which meaning/usage applies to the word you are looking up.  So Mayim has both literal and figurative uses and Strong's reflects that.  

Even the modern translations agree that "water" is the correct word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,532
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

Just now, shiloh357 said:

One thing to understand about Strong's is that it is an exhaustive concordance.   That means it gives you every possible meaning that a word can have or every usage of it in the Bible, without telling you which meaning/usage applies to the word you are looking up.  So Mayim has both literal and figurative uses and Strong's reflects that.  

Even the modern translations agree that "water" is the correct word.

OK thanks, was getting a little confused if it was the literal meaning or not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

28 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, what I am saying is that the objection they listed with respect to Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 is more complex than they realize.

Oh

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't know. What I'm surmising about the 'two' global floods being discussed is, one flood that destroyed the earth between Gen 1: 1 and Gen 1:2, and the flood of Noah. 

Yes, that is a debatable issue. Now if they are talking about other humans having been present before Adam and Eve that would not be biblical.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, that is a debatable issue. Now if they are talking about other humans having been present before Adam and Eve that would not be biblical.

The literal all things created in six days and it was very good is debatable?  Created, not recreated. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Who said the pre-Adamites were human beings? I said Lucifer ruled a society on Earth before Adam was created, and Lucifer led a rebellion against God, into Heaven. No finite humans could be led into Heaven and be cast out?

We know God never creates anything evil. Everything He created, including Lucifer and angels were all perfect sinless beings. Not only does the Bible teach the reality of God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, but it teaches the reality of enemies to both God and man such as Satan, fallen angels and demon spirits of all kinds. These Scriptures prove that they exist.

Satan (Chron. 2:1; Job, 1:6-12; 2: 1-7; Ezek. 28:11-17; Zech. 3:1; Matt. 4:1-11; 1 Pet. 5:8-9; Rev. 12:7-12; 20:10; Eph. 2:1-3; 2 Cor. 4:4; John 12:31).

Fallen angels (Matt. 25:41; Eph. 1:21; 3:10; 6:10-17; Rev. 12:7-12).

And Demons (Matt. 4: 23-24; 10:1-7; 12:22-32; Mark 5; 1 Tim. 4:1; 1 John 4:1-6). The subject of demons is very real according to the Bible. The word demon is not found in Scripture, but it means evil spirit or devil. The word devil is used of Satan, the prince of demons (Matt. 9:34; 12:24). He is the chief evil spirit and the original source of evil in the universe. Satan became a false accuser, slanderer, a devil. There is only one devil, Satan, but there are many demons. The devil has an angelic body and cannot enter bodily into anyone, but demons are disembodied spirits and do not seem to be able to operate in the material world except through possession of men and beasts who have bodies for them to operate through. There are many kinds of demon spirits, fallen angels, and other spirit beings mentioned in Scripture. It is certain they were not created wicked. They were created perfect and sinless and became fallen and unclean. Even the prince of demons is spoken of being "perfect in thy ways from the day thou wast created TILL iniquity was found in thee (Ezek. 28:11-17).

God could not and did not create anything sinful. Everything in the spirit and human realms that is wicked and rebellious has become this way because of sin and because they had free choice.

The fallen angels, demons, are all rebels in connection with the planet Earth. They have sinned with the original rebellion on Earth under Lucifer, or they would not be confined in prisons under the Earth or be operating on the Earth now against God. That those have sinned in connection with the Earth is clear from the fact that they are confined in the abyss underneath the Earth. They perhaps lived on the Earth when Lucifer ruled. At any rate they are not a part of Adams creation that was created in the six days of Gen 1:3-2:25. They are supernatural beings, as is clear from the description of them.

We have mention of the fact that "every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in the earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father" (Phil. 2:9-11).

Two kinds of creatures are mentioned in Rev. 9 as being now confined in the abyss and will come out of the smoke of it when it is opened in the tribulation; The shape of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And the had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And the had breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots as many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions and there were stings in their tails; and their power was to hurt men five months, And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit" (Rev. 9:1-12).

Then there are the horsemen, who were two hundred thousand thousand [200,000,000] . . .  and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone . . .  and their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads and with them they do hurt" (Rev. 9:13-21). This language is too detailed and literal to make anything else other than literal descriptions of read spirit creatures now confined to the bottomless pit. If there are such creatures then all our unbelief in their existence and our explaining away the plain descriptions of them will not do away with them or make them unreal. These spirit being were not created during Adams creation, they are the spirits who under Lucifers rule rebelled and invaded Heaven to try and dethrone God and were cast back to the earth, millions of them not locked away till the tribulation where they will be released to torment men. These spirit beings and Satan do not have a saviour, in fact Satan did all he could to stop Jesus coming here to save us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

9 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Taking classes, or not taking classes has no bearing in regards to sound doctrine.  I've been to Bible College as well.  So what?  That does not make anyone an expert on anything.  A person can have degrees stretched from here to the moon and could have gone to 20 Bible Colleges and all of it is meaningless if they are in error with what they teach.  Credentials such as schooling buys one nothing if they still cannot adequately and correct apply what they were supposed to have learned.  And honestly, when someone starts spreading around the names of schools they have gone to as some badge of superior intellect, that is a red flag.  No one has to do that if they have actual knowledge because it makes itself evident on it's own.

You are teaching two floods when there was only one clearly mentioned in scripture.  You are also teaching a pre-Adamic race which we also know is not supported by actual scripture.  You could tell everyone you went to Wheaton and it would make no difference when you are teaching something that is not supported by the Bible.

In a previous post, I said I EARNED my qualifications to teach the Bible, which constitutes the degrees to do so. Not just Bible classes.  Most Christians respect those who have diligently sought the innermost depths of the Scriptures, in order to share what they have learned with those who seek greater knowledge of the Scriptures.

The following are the Scriptures that fully support the first flood that God restored/created the six day creation out of.  The second global flood of Noah, appears in Gen.7, some 1,600 years later.

>>>before his deeds of old;
Pr..8:23 :I was formed long ages ago,
    at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs overflowing with water;

After the earth was flooded the first of two times, in Gen.1:2:

Ps.24:1 "The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,

the world, and all who live in it;

2for he founded it on the seas

and established it on the waters."

2 Pet.3:5 "For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed."<<<

Qusar93

Edited by Quasar93

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Years in the bible does not impress me. The Scribes had years but were way off in recognizing Jesus as Messiah.

Again, there is no credibility in an argument no matter how many sages it comes from if it is stating that there was a life/death cycle before Adam's Fall without Scriptural support. Please explain this verse otherwise.../

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— (Rom 5:12)

Your long response flatly ignored Rom 5:12 and this is the 3rd time I mention it.

Those that side with man's wisdom when it contradicts Scripture lose credibility in my book.

The Scriptures fully support two global floods whereas geological science and astrophysics prove an old earth age.  Meaningless opinion does not impress me, either.  Let me see you prove the Scriptures supporting two global floods to be false, that refute you.

>>>before his deeds of old;
Pr..8:23 :I was formed long ages ago,
    at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs overflowing with water;

After the earth was flooded the first of two times, in Gen.1:2:

Ps.24:1 "The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,

the world, and all who live in it;

2for he founded it on the seas

and established it on the waters."

2 Pet.3:5 "For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed."<<<

The above waters covering the earth in Gen,2 is what the above Scriptures allude to, before, and after it had any oceans at all.  The second global flood of Noah, some 1,600 years later, is recorded in Gen.7.

Quasar93

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

How does any of that prove that those humans were pre-adamic?

When you read the article, it will tell you.  In addition, with the tests run on the evidence discovered being 400,000 years old, what logic are you using that it isn't older than Adam, who could not be any older than 6,000 years?

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93