• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, brakelite said:

When we read someones input that differs from our own belief, we must always be cognisant of the possibility that God is using that person to teach you something new. The temptation is, even when we are considering that possibility, that we go to the Bible to prove them wrong, rather than going to the Bible to see if their belief is founded on anything other than opinion. If there is Biblical support, and it seems to contradict other Bible texts that support what you believe, then the weight of all the evidence must be taken into account. That takes time and effort. Sometimes its easier just to get offended and take a self righteous stand that "I am right and everyone else is a heretic". Or if we are lazy, we go to some one we know who agrees with us and use their arguments against the new teaching...little realising that God may be talking to them too. 

Thing is, the time is coming when we are all, as individuals, going to have to take a stand and defend our beliefs...sometimes before courts who are going to charge us for heresy against the state sanctioned religion to come. Can you defend your self without recourse to others? Can you defend what you believe without being offended? 

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear". 

Sadly, many can give no better reason for believing in a particular doctrine other than ...because our parents did...or its popular...or because that is what my church teaches. 

But the beauty of this forum is that it is open to anyone. It engenders discussion. A lack of divisiveness or unity does not necessarily mean that everyone has the truth. Majorities have never been right all the time. In fact, it is a good thing, a beneficial thing for everyones faith that a great divergence of backgrounds and belief systems should be freely welcomed. It engenders study...thought...humility...self appraisal...or it should. It is also a reflection upon one of the founding tenets of American Republicanism. Freedom of religion...speech...and press. 

You're a great intercessor. Worthy message, brother.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It would be best to delete my account rather than spend my time with people who are not a positive Christian influence in my life. 

:o

Stay MM:group-hug:

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Truth be told, people are people...Christians or not. I have come across few brothers or sisters here pming me, expressing how they were hurt by so and so, they felt ignored, they felt gossiped about, wrongly accused, were persecuted, and the lists continue. Why, I myself have felt this way and i do know that some of what i have listed above is true for me. Just like the rest of us, i came here to have fellowship as when i first came here in 2015, i had no Christian friends in where i come from, atleast not the practicing kind. So Worthy was where i thought i could share my journey and growth in Christ and express my faith for i was a "lone ranger" Christian trying to grow in my faith, surrounded by non believers.

Nonetheless, i felt astonished to how some responded (they were critical towards what i shared or felt it was "nothing" or thought i was trying to harp for some "attention".) What's odd was that, some of them were more concerned over my marital status and make passing judgments about me from there...rather than accepting me for what I am as a person. I can be rather blunt and real, it is hard for me to fake myself or make myself appear  like i have light surrounding me. I talk the way i do and say what I think. I talk to everyone. I dont reject anyone, male or female... pm or main.

Thankfully, there were few other sensitive people who are aware of how things are from where i come from and how things are perceived from my end and they support and uplift me with their comments of encouragement. And these people actually took the time to talk to me and get to know me rather than listening to what "itchy ears would like to hear".

Thankfully i quickly learnt that we cant expect anyone to be perfect. No not even Christians, we are human after all still living in the flesh and how mature or spiritual one is etc., differs from one to another. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...that's why Jesus came.

There are more to these but i really think it won't do any good letting the dirt out anyway. Just as how i advised those who came to me, and experiences have taught me to "Take what is good and leave out or discard what isn't". I focus on what truly matters. I still enjoy the fellowship here. There were many times i felt like leaving but then I think about the rest who have touched my life and were concerned about me and took the time to talk to me and those who came to me knowing they could trust me. To these wonderful people, i would take this chance to convey my heartiest gratitude and heartfelt thanks. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Hi missmuffet,

I think your expectation may have been off a tad. We come to the forums to encourage and help others. If people do not have the right attitude then either something is wrong with them or maybe there is something in our life we need to address.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

In my short time on worthy, missmuffet, you seem to add a lot of character to this website.  

But it's just the way the world is, you can hide yourself from it but you can't really escape the world, not until you've moved on to the next life. I don't think you should quit, and it would be a loss for the site if you did.

Humans are flawed and we have to deal with a flawed world, anticipate that you will be attacked, as Christ warned us if they persecuted him they will persecute us, and there a lot of infiltrators who hope to pass on false doctrines. 

In my opinion, a good way to cope with attacks is to lower yourself through humility, say to God, "While I might not be the brightest person, everything I say and do is done with the purest intention and that is good enough for me, if other people don't like it, that is their problem". 

That is how I deal with personal attacks and accusations, the lower I make myself the higher I can stand on God's shoulders. IF someone calls me an idiot, that's fine, as I would agree with them -- i am an idiot -- but I'm not arguing from my own brain and failing human understanding, but through Gods.  

"But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly inmy weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

"That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, inhardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

Edited by secretopossumcabal
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I come to the Worthy Christian message board to receive positive Christian fellowship. If I am continually experiencing haughty, bullying, personal attacks and false doctrine that is not the true fruit of the Holy Spirit. I could blindfold my eyes and attend any Church and get the same affect. It would be best to delete my account rather than spend my time with people who are not a positive Christian influence in my life. Yes, these people can be ignored but should that really be the action of a positive Christian fellowship?

Matthew 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

"Yes, these people can be ignored but should that really be the action of a positive Christian fellowship?"- missmuffett

Yes, why not? - Neighbor

Hey I  have  six regular posters on ignore now, and I am having a much better time. They no longer can sour the mix. I can read and share with enough people here that it is certainly a pleasure and an enlightenment for me personally. 

I had decided all the discussion and argument/debate  that some have brought to me had become fruitless, no longer worth any response at all,  and  their ministry of distraction had become repetitious, and really a tiring bore to me. So  why not just leave it at that, and move on, be done with it. I kinda enjoy the board much more now.

So ... might try it yourself.  And if you choose to ignore me, hey okay,  I understand, much  like green olives I'm an acquired taste some prefer not to indulge, and that is fine. But, I do say I enjoy your personal pithy posts as they are some of the most Calvinistic encouragements I find here!  :D The pithier you get, the more absolutely TULIP  they become. I love it it makes for wondrous reading. I thank you for it.

Hope you stay  on board and indulge even me some. Take care, and hey find a local body of Christ Jesus, participate in some ministry or missions for really deep fellowship with our Lord and His saints. God bless and God keep you safe in his service.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I come to the Worthy Christian message board to receive positive Christian fellowship. If I am continually experiencing haughty, bullying, personal attacks and false doctrine that is not the true fruit of the Holy Spirit. I could blindfold my eyes and attend any Church and get the same affect. It would be best to delete my account rather than spend my time with people who are not a positive Christian influence in my life. Yes, these people can be ignored but should that really be the action of a positive Christian fellowship?

Matthew 7:6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

You will find this sort of thing on pretty much any message board no matter how well moderated. You are always going to find people from false churches who have absolutely no interest in hearing the truth and seem to love only the sound of their own voices for a lack of a better way to put it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

15 hours ago, simplejeff said:

The Master Jesus experienced a hundred thousand times worse abuse than anyone,  and if they think they have it rough from a few posts online on a forum they come to of their own free choice ? !   Wow...... 

Need we remind people too of how hundreds of millions of Christians through the centuries have been jailed, forced out of their communities and murdered because someone didnt like them?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Thank you to everyone with a kind and supportive reply. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

"Yes, these people can be ignored but should that really be the action of a positive Christian fellowship?"- missmuffett

Yes, why not? - Neighbor

Hey I  have  six regular posters on ignore now, and I am having a much better time. They no longer can sour the mix. I can read and share with enough people here that it is certainly a pleasure and an enlightenment for me personally. 

I had decided all the discussion and argument/debate  that some have brought to me had become fruitless, no longer worth any response at all,  and  their ministry of distraction had become repetitious, and really a tiring bore to me. So  why not just leave it at that, and move on, be done with it. I kinda enjoy the board much more now.

So ... might try it yourself.  And if you choose to ignore me, hey okay,  I understand, much  like green olives I'm an acquired taste some prefer not to indulge, and that is fine. But, I do say I enjoy your personal pithy posts as they are some of the most Calvinistic encouragements I find here!  :D The pithier you get, the more absolutely TULIP  they become. I love it it makes for wondrous reading. I thank you for it.

Hope you stay  on board and indulge even me some. Take care, and hey find a local body of Christ Jesus, participate in some ministry or missions for really deep fellowship with our Lord and His saints. God bless and God keep you safe in his service.

Well, I am gathering a nice long list of names. Sad but I think it has to be done.