• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Jesus referred to it as the last day (John 6:44).

The end of everything the Scriptures foretell, the end of this world, the end of this universe (the heavens), the end of death, and the end of night, is the day of the Lord's return. Eternity comes after the last day. Time is mentioned after the end of all things (Rev 21:25, 22:2, Luke 20:35,36); but if there will never be night, and there will be no more death, and the saints will reign "forever and ever", what difference does it make? It's obvious that eternity comes after "the last day", whether it is marked by time somehow or not. It is an "age" without end.

The Scriptures refer to "the last days", "the end of the ages", "the final hour", "the end of all things", with regard to the events that precede the return of the Lord on the last day.

The point: The last day of this world and of creation as we know it will be the same as the last day of the Tribulation. 

(You can see this for yourself by studying the Scriptures.)

The thousand year reign of the saints (which is taking place in heaven and is almost up) is the same thousand years that Satan has been bound in the bottomless pit. That earth on which the saints will reign (Revelation 5:10) is the new one, not this one. The "first resurrection" refers to being born again, not to rapture. The second resurrection is the resurrection of those have died physically, both the righteous and the unrighteous, when the Lord returns on the last day.

Both resurrections are explained in John 5:25-29.

I can see how you might see it that way, but Jesus was speaking of the last day of this age, the church age.  Otherwise, how would there be His 1000 year reign, the Great White Throne Judgment, the New Heaven and New Earth etc.  ???

You are looking at the last day as in the final day of all days, and it is not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I can see how you might see it that way, but Jesus was speaking of the last day of this age, the church age.  Otherwise, how would there be His 1000 year reign, the Great White Throne Judgment, the New Heaven and New Earth etc.  ???

You are looking at the last day as in the final day of all days, and it is not. 

I addressed the thousand years in my last post. The chronology and wording of the Revelation can be confusing. Understanding it requires comparing scripture with scripture, and God-given understanding most of all. The thousand years do not come after the last day; you can see this by comparing scripture with scripture. The final Judgment and the creation of the new heaven and the new earth happen on the last day. After the last day comes eternity. A lot happens on the last day; (a lot is written in the Scriptures about the events of that day---also referred to as "the day of the Lord"---and not just in the Revelation. You may be interested in researching these). It will be a unique day, and I tend to think, in light of all that happens on "the last day" that it will be longer than 24 hours. God knows.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

13 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

I addressed the thousand years in my last post. The chronology and wording of the Revelation can be confusing. Understanding it requires comparing scripture with scripture, and God-given understanding most of all. The thousand years do not come after the last day; you can see this by comparing scripture with scripture. The final Judgment and the creation of the new heaven and the new earth happen on the last day. After the last day comes eternity. A lot happens on the last day; (a lot is written in the Scriptures about the events of that day, and not just in the Revelation. You may be interested in researching these). It will be a unique day, and I tend to think, in light of all that happens on "the last day" that it will be longer than 24 hours. God knows.

You would benefit your studies by understanding how the terms are used while comparing scripture to scripture.  Let's take John 7: 37-39 as one example.

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”  But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy[Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Do you believe the first sentence is speaking of the end of time as we know it, or can you see how the term last day is not applied that way as Jesus spoke of the coming Holy Spirit?  The same applies to John 6:44.

41 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You would benefit your studies by understanding how the terms are used while comparing scripture to scripture.  Let's take John 7: 37-39 as one example.

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”  But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy[Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Do you believe the first sentence is speaking of the end of time as we know it, or can you see how the term last day is not applied that way as Jesus spoke of the coming Holy Spirit?  The same applies to John 6:44.

Obviously not every scripture that mentions a last day is referring to The Day of The Lord (aka "the last day").

If that's what you believe ("The same applies to John 6:44"), I'm going to leave it at that. I think a correct understanding of the chronology of the events of the end times is sufficient to clarify what refers and pertains to the last day when the Lord returns and what doesn't. 

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,182
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

(You can see this for yourself by studying the Scriptures.)

The thousand year reign of the saints (which is taking place in heaven and is almost up) is the same thousand years that Satan has been bound in the bottomless pit. That earth on which the saints will reign (Revelation 5:10) is the new one, not this one. The "first resurrection" refers to being born again, not to rapture. The second resurrection is the resurrection of those have died physically, both the righteous and the unrighteous, when the Lord returns on the last day.

Both resurrections are explained in John 5:25-29.

:emot-heartbeat:

Hello and  :emot-heartbeat:Gods plan of Mercy and Grace through His only begotten Son  Christ Jesus be with you LightShinesinTheDarkness :emot-heartbeat:

I never heard what you just wrote , I never gave to much attention to the last tribulations days as for me it is important to be living each day I live for Christ Jesus no matter what happens. However, in the times where I did listen to bible teachings by my pastors of the oncoming tribulations with the antichrist, it was always about a per-tribulation rapture.

In any event, we need to be prepared now, we as Christians need to not just read the word, but apply it to our lives through and through with ALL we come into interaction with.  We all need to become Christ -like in our behaviors towards life and one another.

For sure we are coming closer to the coming of the antichrist and we need to be prepared virgins with our oil filled .

I read everything you wrote.

I also looked up all the bible verses you quoted. I personally would have appreciated had you printed the verses out so one could read them as we went along reading your post instead of having to look each one up.

Anyhow, I took the trouble to look them up and reading scripture is always a blessing so here are the scriptures verses you gave in name only.

Perhaps you can include the full version by editing your post or for the next time, to post also the scripture verse, not only where to look.

In any event, Blessing to you in Christ Jesus and may HIS truth work in our hearts not only in times of tribulation but NOW and forever . Amen!Amen! Amen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 61:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Matthew 22:11-14New King James Version (NKJV)

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12 So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and[a] cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Revelation 7:9-14New King James Version (NKJV)

A Multitude from the Great Tribulation

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, “Sir,[a] you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 14:9-13New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Revelation 17:6New King James Version (NKJV)

6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

Revelation 22:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments,[a] that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Revelation 3:4-6New King James Version (NKJV)

4 You[a] have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

1 John 3:19-22King James Version (KJV)

19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 4:18New King James Version (NKJV)

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Philippians 1:21-23New King James Version (NKJV)

21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For[a] I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.

2 Corinthians 5:8New King James Version (NKJV)

8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

James 4:6-10New King James Version (NKJV)

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”[a]

Humility Cures Worldliness

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

“For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9)

Then I said, “O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?” He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand. (Daniel 12:8-10) 

Peter exhorts us to pay attention to the prophetic scriptures that pertain to the last days

2 Peter 1:19-21New King James Version (NKJV)

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[a] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,[b] 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[c] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter 3:1-2New King James Version (NKJV)

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior,

Romans 5:1-5New King James Version (NKJV)

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 8:28King James Version (KJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:35-39New King James Version (NKJV)

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 6:44New King James Version (NKJV)

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Revelation 21:25New King James Version (NKJV)

25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).

Revelation 22:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Luke 20:35-36New King James Version (NKJV)

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Revelation 5:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”

Both resurrections are explained in John

John 5:25-29New King James Version (NKJV)

25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

• Praise God! 1

29 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Obviously not every scripture that mentions a last day is referring to The Day of The Lord (aka "the last day").

If that's what you believe ("The same applies to John 6:44"), I'm going to leave it at that. I think a correct understanding of the chronology of the events of the end times is sufficient to clarify what refers and pertains to the last day when the Lord returns and what doesn't. 

What I see are errors that need to be addressed.  You say His Millennium Reign is almost over, yet that is not to happen until after the tribulation.  You are not following scripture and are moving scripture around.  What you promote does not even come close to what Revelation 19 through 21 tells us.  If what you say is true, tell us when did the 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 bowls occurred?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Hi Light..... (correction - `LightShinesInTheDarkness)

I see you are studying God`s word. And a very important part of that is to realise that the Lord Jesus Christ is Head of His Body, he is building and maturing us, and will finally by His Holy Spirit compete the work and take it to its eternal setting in the third heaven. There we are told in scripture that the Body of Christ with the Head, the glorified, exalted, crowned Lord Jesus, will rule and reign. The first responsibility is to judge fallen angels and the world system, (as God`s word tells us) which obviously has to happen during the tribulation.

Lots to study yet bro, Marilyn.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Millennial reign has not yet begun.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What I see is errors that need to be addressed.  You say His Millennium Reign is almost over, yet that is not to happen until after the tribulation.  You are not following scripture and are moving scripture around.  What you promote does not even come close to what Revelation 19 through 21 tells us.  If what you say is true, tell us when did the 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 bowls occured?

The seven seals, trumpets and bowls all cover the same time period; they are just descriptions of different things that happen during that time period. It's not seven seals, then seven trumpets, then seven bowls; the Revelation just describes different events that are taking place during the same time period in the scriptures about the seals, trumpets and bowls. The events described in all three culminate with a description of the events of the last day (which is the seventh seal, the seventh trumpet, and the seventh bowl), when Christ returns. That's how we know it's the same time period.

And no, the thousand years do not take place after the Tribulation. The events described in Revelation chapters 19-21 are not in exact chronological order.

My suggestion is that you study the Revelation and the other scriptures that speak about the events of the Tribulation and the last day for yourself and ask God to give you the correct understanding of them. I've shared what He's given me to share. I'm not a teacher of these things; that's not what the Lord has called me to do, but rather to warn, exhort and encourage the saints, to prepare them for the things He has made known to me, for their potential benefit. I'm going to point you to Him now, to search out and know the truth for yourself.

May the Lord give you whatever you may need of Him.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Without even using scripture to support my pre tribulation Rapture view, reason this.

The Rapture exactly mirrors in order, a Jewish wedding. Everything from the groom going away to prepare a place for his bride at his fathers house, the father telling his son now is the time to secretly go fetch his bride. The bride waiting patiently for the expected return of her bride groom. To the celebration wedding and wedding feast.

Does it make sense in that traditional Jewish customary wedding, where the groom severely beats the bride up before or after he snatches her away. Does the groom give the bride great tribulation, pain, suffering or try to kill her before he marries her? 

Yes, we are told Christians will suffer tribulations and persecutions in life. But God will not pour out his wrath against us, and that's what the tribulation is all about. Please seriously think about this. 

• Thumbs Up 1