• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 minutes ago, Butero said:

The whole truth was withheld from the multitudes, but the true disciples were given the understanding.  Perhaps we should keep the KJV Bible for the children and give the others to the blind so they will remain blind.

Lets just keep the KJV ,   my friend the blind will simply remain blind so long as they keep rejecting Christ .   all we can do is speak the truth

and the blind will either receive it and see or remain in darkness for they who rejected it .  

All I know to say is THIS .   Those who are truly born again, will desire ONLY TRUTH and nothing less will do.   HIS SHEEP HEAR HIS VOICE and any others they flee

they hear not the strangers.    And those who are born again will simply exhort by truth and speak truth to the others .    As I said the kjv outshines all bibles by far , the ones

I have read anyway. 

• Group:  Mars Hill

8 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

hahaha

The religious leaders and the scholars had/have the best available,  and remained not just blind, but actively opposed Jesus and thwarted YHVH'S Plan for their lives. 

As Jesus Says Today "Praise Your Name Heavenly Father,  for Revealing Everything Concerning Salvation to the little children ,  and for hiding the Truth from the scholars,  for thus it is your good pleasure so to do" ....

And why was it hid from them.   FOR JESUS said they have hardned their hearts,   aka they DID it to themselves as many today do.

Remember when paul also said to the church YE have grown DULL of hearing .     JESUS said it too.   dull of hearing , some lust choked the word right out .

Any man or woman who ends up in the lake of fire ,   they alone did that to themselves, as all we as men have earned death, 

Many did not heed the way out of that death sentence which was and is ONLY CHRIST .  

• Group:  Mars Hill

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

hahaha

The religious leaders and the scholars had/have the best available,  and remained not just blind, but actively opposed Jesus and thwarted YHVH'S Plan for their lives. 

As Jesus Says Today "Praise Your Name Heavenly Father,  for Revealing Everything Concerning Salvation to the little children ,  and for hiding the Truth from the scholars,  for thus it is your good pleasure so to do" ....

Jesus said something that would knock most men of belial off their stools in shock.

HE said I PRAY NOT FOR THE WORLD,  but for those whom thou has given me.

While we know he paid the price of the sins and is the only savoir the world can have.   Most will reject that plan.

JESUS prayed not for those who rejected Him.   Just as GOD was angry and furious and even says I WILL ABANDON the generation of my wrath.

Lots of folks don't really know GOD.    I THANK THEE FATHER that thou has HID , HID , HID this from the wise and revealed it unto babes

For it is your good pleasure to do so,

Most have preached a GOD that was invented to serve man .     AND THAT ALONE is THE PROBLEM.  we ought to serve GOD.

but most no likey that , they want to be served , they wanting the flesh pleased with riches or some other lust and invent a god thatdoes just that .   

But I say,  that wont bode well on judgment day for any and all who do such a thing and refuse and refused to repent even when warned. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Giller said:

First of all I never mentioned the issues that I was specifically thinking about, and the word of God is extremely important, some have been lead astray as a result of watered down bible translations, you should care about  this matter , I know that God cares about his word being watered down, and he does not want to lose 1 soul.

If do care, and I am in the word constantly and recommend it to all. But this discussion is not to show favor to my cautions or to yours, but to all, and would not be complete without mentioning the very things that have occurred already in history which the Lord spoke harshly about. So, let us be complete in our cautions to those who might fall into the same mistakes of the past.

Edited by ScottA

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Butero said:

There is actually a Bible called the 1611 Edition King James Bible, and the spelling is old English.  I have read that edition 3 times.  It includes the 14 books of the Apocrypha in the center, but they were never considered canon.  That is why they aren't in logical order.  As far as the canon itself goes, the only difference between that and the Authorized Version is spelling of words.  I will give you a verse from the 1611 Edition so you can see how the spelling differs.

Genesis VII:1  ANd the LORD saide vnto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the Arke:  for thee haue I scene righteous before me, in this generation.  

The spelling was different, and they used Roman numerals.  There is a story behind me getting my hands on this Bible.  I was Pastor of a Pentecostal Holiness Church, and one Sunday, this family showed up, and the man of the family was looking for a full gospel church where the Pastor was KJV only.  I told him I was, and he presented me with this 1611 Edition Bible.  He said he was KJV only, but I think the real reason for giving me this was to show me how much it had changed so I would stop being KJV only.

At first, I was taken aback.  It looked so different from my Authorized Version Bible, but then I began to read it and compare it.  The only real difference was the spelling of words.  Still, it was difficult at first, but I pressed on through Genesis, and by the time I got through chapter 50, I had it pretty well figured out.  Since then, I have had little trouble with it.  This family kept coming to my church, and after I had familiarized myself with the 1611 Bible, I took it to church and preached from it.  You should have seen the look on his face.  I used it every Sunday after that.  

Yeah I have the 1611 Edition King James Bible in electronic format. I've basically looked at it from time to time, but the spelling really throw's off my concentration of what's being read. Like you mentioned, with reading and time I suppose one would get very familiar with the spellings. 

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yeah I have the 1611 Edition King James Bible in electronic format. I've basically looked at it from time to time, but the spelling really throw's off my concentration of what's being read. Like you mentioned, with reading and time I suppose one would get very familiar with the spellings. 

It likely would have been even harder for me if I wasn't already reading the Authorized Version.  If you start in Genesis, you should be able to read it fairly well by the time you finish that book.  The hardest thing for me is the Roman numerals in Psalms, when they get to the high numbers.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Butero said:

The whole truth was withheld from the multitudes, but the true disciples were given the understanding.  Perhaps we should keep the KJV Bible for the children and give the others to the blind so they will remain blind.

I would laugh, but would not wish blindness on any. But since you mention it...let's not forget that Jesus did not tell all to His disciples, but withheld what they could not then bear, and that they were found sleeping and suffered temptation right up to then end and that very evening Jesus was taken, even after spending all that time with Him. And then, when things were left in their care, Jesus found fault in six out to the seven churches during that same time of their epistles, for which Paul foretold strong delusion.

3 minutes ago, ScottA said:

I would laugh, but would not wish blindness on any. But since you mention it...let's not forget that Jesus did not tell all to His disciples, but withheld what they could not then bear, and that they were found sleeping and suffered temptation right up to then end and that very evening Jesus was taken, even after spending all that time with Him. And then, when things were left in their care, Jesus found fault in six out to the seven churches during that same time of their epistles, for which Paul foretold strong delusion.

Are you suggesting we should be less than forthcoming when we teach because some can't handle the truth?  We could have a message rating system where a milk message is for General Audiences and you listen to a meat message at your own risk.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Butero said:

It likely would have been even harder for me if I wasn't already reading the Authorized Version.  If you start in Genesis, you should be able to read it fairly well by the time you finish that book.  The hardest thing for me is the Roman numerals in Psalms, when they get to the high numbers.  

Yeah, I'm only good to about a "C note" myself  :laugh:

18 minutes ago, ScottA said:

I don't want anyone blind either.  You convinced me to use the KJV Bible all the time, even to the multitudes.