IGNORED

King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Bibles 2

Guest shiloh357
Just now, ScottA said:

Oh...I get you meaning. But surely, if Christ is the Word, and He is in those who are born again of the same spirit, and being that He has, "many more things to say" that they could not "bear" 2000 years ago, and has explained the means by which "all truth" will come...it is not a closed matter.

As far as the canon of Scripture is concerned it is a closed matter.   There is no promise in scripture of additional scripture and your exegesis is quite poor if that is how you are reading the Bible.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

As far as the canon of Scripture is concerned it is a closed matter.   There is no promise in scripture of additional scripture and your exegesis is quite poor if that is how you are reading the Bible.

So, then, you are making a distinction between the word written on tablets and that written in our hearts. God does too. But I don't know that I would consider it a closed cannon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Oh...I get you meaning. But surely, if Christ is the Word, and He is in those who are born again of the same spirit, and being that He has, "many more things to say" that they could not "bear" 2000 years ago, and has explained the means by which "all truth" will come...it is not a closed matter.

Not sure we can assume that the many more things they couldn't bear are not embedded in scripture somewhere.......however I'm reminded here of what Paul said about his visit to the Third Heaven......that he heard things which were not lawful to utter.....and I'm wondering how he would have been able to test the things he heard.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

10 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Not sure we can assume that the many more things they couldn't bear are not embedded in scripture somewhere.......however I'm reminded here of what Paul said about his visit to the Third Heaven......that he heard things which were not lawful to utter.....and I'm wondering how he would have been able to test the things he heard.

Great comment and point. Yes, I am quite sure there is more in what is written that has not been fully understood. But also what has not been written:

And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, ScottA said:

All spirits are to be tested, i.e., "by the mouth of two or three witnesses." Therefore, the word by the Holy Spirit, or the spirit by the word, or by a brother in the Lord.

But if one person in the same evil spirit testifies in agreement with another of a similar spirit...this test is of no profit.

Here is how I test the spirits.      Anything that comes out of the mouth of even ninety witnesses .     IF it agrees with what has been written amen. IF NOT ITS FALSE .

And I do that with anyone , no matter how long I have kwown them.  EVEN if they have taught total truth for fifty years and two others had too.

Whatever comes out they mouth, GETS TESTED against BIBLICAL DOCTRINE.    and if it contradicts even one percent .  it gets rejected.

For by grace I know all men are not infallible .  ONLY GOD IS and I KNOW HIS WORD and his words ARE TOO.   

If being that way makes me wrong ,  then I just don't want to be seen as right .     Just a lil nugget for ya to feast on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ScottA said:

Great comment and point. Yes, I am quite sure there is more in what is written that has not been fully understood. But also what has not been written:

And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

AND THE KEY IS if anyone ever says that and then brings anything ,  that new anything IF it rejects even one dot of the truth that has already been written.

IT gets the DENIED stamp of non approval.   IF it one hundred percent aligns up with what has been written , then it is true . 

So now I am ready to hear some of this truth you would like to share .   Hey memember share with one another what GOD reveals for its always

for the use of edifying the body.   So , ,now I am ready to hear some of this revelation that got revealed to you.    Let us hear my friend , let us hear .

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ScottA said:

Has Christ revealed to you some of the many more things.  IF SO , share my friend , share with the group.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

NIV REMOVALS

Romans 1:29 Removes "fornication"
I John 4:3 Removes "Christ is come in the flesh"
Matthew 5:22 Removes "without a cause"
Matthew 18:26, 15:25, 18:26, 20:20 removes "worshipped"
Ephesians 3:9 removes "by Jesus Christ"
Galatians 4:7 removes "through Christ"
Matthew 18:11 removes who passage
John 16:16 removes "because I go to the Father"
I Corinthians 15:47 removes "THE LORD"
I Timothy 3:16 replaces "GOD" with "HE"
I John 5:7,8 removes "in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear record in earth,"
Ephesians 5:30 removes "of his flesh, and of his bones."
Mark 10:24 removes "for them that trust in riches"
Colossians 1:14 removes "through his blood"
Eph. 4:6 removes "of them which are saved"
John 6:47 removes "on me"
Rom 15:29 removes "the gospel of"
I Cor 9:18 removes "gospel of Christ" and "the gospel"
I John 2:8 removes "is past"
Gal. 6:15 removes "For in Christ Jesus"
Matt. 18:11 removes whole passage "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."
Luke 9:55,56 removes whole passages "For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them."
Rev. 21:21 removes "of them which are saved"
Romans 11:6b removes whole passage "But if it be of works then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."
Deut. 23:17, I Kings 22:46, II Kings 23:7, I Cor. 6:9 removes "sodomite" or "sodomites"
Romans 13:9 removes "Thou shalt not bear false witness,"
I Corinthians 11:29 removes "UNWORTHILY"

Try Answering These From Your NIV

By Rex L. Cobb

INSTRUCTIONS:

Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions to this NIV quiz.

Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes but from the text).

Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."
According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?
According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?
According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?
In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.
In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________
According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?
In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?
What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.
Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?
Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?
Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?
Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the _________ and the _______:"
Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg.

(Ed. These are all missing in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy to understand, up to date Bible"?

If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.

• Praise God! 1

7364a42569152014ccd120e36103e582.jpg

images (5).jpg

kjb_chart-large.jpg