IGNORED

King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Bibles 2

10 minutes ago, ScottA said:

It's just a rant.

The KJV bible was certainly a high point in history, but to now be beating it over the heads of people, is just a rant and not a service. The KJV and history speak for themselves.

In an age and time when the very scriptures in the KJV tell us that we have gone "from death to life", and that it is by the Holy Spirit that we go from seeing "through the glass dimly" unto "all truth" in spirit - this rant is like Israel ranting for the law without understanding.

On the contrary, we should be ranting for the Holy Spirit. But this - this grieves the Holy Spirit.

But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them.

If I believed as you do, I wouldn't be KJV only either, but I hold to a closed canon and those 66 books, including their text, and that is the entire Word of God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

True, if we had the originals as a standard. Otherwise through archaeology they continue to find new fragments and can refine even those small differences..,

True? 

Has YHVH changed ?

Has YHVH'S Promise(s) changed ?

Whenever throughout history since the beginning,

YHVH Himself or through YAHSHUA(Jesus) reveals understanding of Scripture,

Has He EVER Changed ?   Could He Change from what He has always Revealed, ever ? 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Since I cant persuade you which ones are accurate and which ones are false .

Let us start with the MESSAGE.    now yowm.   YOU HAVE TO KNOW that one is all buggered up .   at least that one , RIGHT .

The Message is not a translation.  It is a paraphrase.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, shiloh357 said:

The Message is not a translation.  It is a paraphrase.

And a poor one at that . 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Again, without the original texts, what standard are you using to determine if something has been added or ignored?...

Can this even be accomplished by man's ways that you know of today truthfully ?   Can you use man's standards to determine what has long been changed from the original ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Butero said:

If I believed as you do, I wouldn't be KJV only either, but I hold to a closed canon and those 66 books, including their text, and that is the entire Word of God.

Why would anyone close what God has not closed, but in fact opened all the more, even unto "all truth?" Do you not understand, you are speaking against Christ's full promise?

• Oy Vey! 1

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Can this even be accomplished by man's ways that you know of today truthfully ?   Can you use man's standards to determine what has long been changed from the original ?

NO WAY NO HOW .  the only way we can discern TRUTH is to KNOW the author OF TRUTH.

But many men have many others deceived by THIER OWN MEANS and my oh my they know how to deceive craftily many.

Got good news .   they cant deceive one if that one follows and hears ONLY CHRIST .   

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Why would anyone close what God has not closed, but in fact opened all the more, even unto "all truth?" Do you not understand, you are speaking against Christ's full promise?

And why do many open that which GOD would never open. 

by that I mean I hear all sorts of new revelations about this great big god that we should not put in a box.

Rather odd though,   that this great big god I keep hearing about seems to DENY the truth in those original cannons.

And they say I am putting GOD in a box.   NOPE they are , they have him in such a big one , that even now they have him so big , he denies himself

he denies truth ,  he just hugs and loves everything .     OOOOPS.   WRONG god folks , wrong god,  that is satan .   

anway just wanted to share that nugget with ya 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ScottA said:

So long as it aint this ALL TRUTH I keep hearing from some .    this all truth they preaching is only leading us into what GOD never would have , but satan would.

for he is the deceiver and right now through all inclusive measures via secular and religious means , he is gathering the world through a good works system

RIGHT to the beast .    Just wanted to share that nugget with ya too.

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Are you saying that the canon is not closed?