• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

So long as it aint this ALL TRUTH I keep hearing from some .    this all truth they preaching is only leading us into what GOD never would have , but satan would.

for he is the deceiver and right now through all inclusive measures via secular and religious means , he is gathering the world through a good works system

RIGHT to the beast .    Just wanted to share that nugget with ya too.

I guess I am not aware of any other "all truth", except that which Christ has promised through the Holy Spirit. - No, certainly, we should not be open to any other!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Why would anyone close what God has not closed, but in fact opened all the more, even unto "all truth?" Do you not understand, you are speaking against Christ's full promise?

Since we all know that many can also claim to hear from GOD and not be deceived and yet we both know many do say that and are not .

I mean the triple K claims to KNOW GOD  and we both know they don't .

But they don't know that .   the liberal who says gay marriage is fine  , claims to hear from GOD and that GOD is love ,  but we both know that aint so.

so my question is ,   HOW do you know its God you hear from  .  oh its fair to ask me the same thing too.   but do please answer and give some examples

of this ALL truth that you may know that others may not yet know . 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ScottA said:

Why would anyone close what God has not closed, but in fact opened all the more, even unto "all truth?" Do you not understand, you are speaking against Christ's full promise?

I don't know where God said he would continue to give us an indefinite supply of new revelations the equal of scripture.  I believe he will at times give messages to the church and even inspire songs or sermons, but I don't believe any of them are equal to the 66 books that make up the Christian Bible.  

When a person believes as you do, there is no checks and balances.  One person will believe one revelation is of God and another will reject it.  Another will reject yet another word supposedly from God and another will cling to it.  I have in my possession a huge book containing all kinds of extra-Biblical writings, both Christian and gnostic.  If I believed as you do, I would have to think any of them should be considered the equal of scripture.  Every preacher I hear on television could have a transcript of his message written down and that would have to be considered as a possible addition to the Bible.  That just doesn't work for me, and I don't believe God made any promise to do that.  Perhaps you can show me the exact promise of Christ I am speaking against?  

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Are you saying that the canon is not closed?

He believes God is continuing to give new revelations and the Bible is still being written, or at least, that is how I understand his position.  He can correct me if I misunderstood, but I don't think I did.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, ScottA said:

Do you not understand, you are speaking against Christ's full promise?

This was never shown, was it ?   i.e. no,  there is no such thing to understand. (until and unless shown/ proven) 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Since we all know that many can also claim to hear from GOD and not be deceived and yet we both know many do say that and are not .

I mean the triple K claims to KNOW GOD  and we both know they don't .

But they don't know that .   the liberal who says gay marriage is fine  , claims to hear from GOD and that GOD is love ,  but we both know that aint so.

so my question is ,   HOW do you know its God you hear from  .  oh its fair to ask me the same thing too.   but do please answer and give some examples

of this ALL truth that you may know that others may not yet know . 

All spirits are to be tested, i.e., "by the mouth of two or three witnesses." Therefore, the word by the Holy Spirit, or the spirit by the word, or by a brother in the Lord.

But if one person in the same evil spirit testifies in agreement with another of a similar spirit...this test is of no profit.

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I don't know where God said he would continue to give us an indefinite supply of new revelations the equal of scripture.  I believe he will at times give messages to the church and even inspire songs or sermons, but I don't believe any of them are equal to the 66 books that make up the Christian Bible.  

When a person believes as you do, there is no checks and balances.  One person will believe one revelation is of God and another will reject it.  Another will reject yet another word supposedly from God and another will cling to it.  I have in my possession a huge book containing all kinds of extra-Biblical writings, both Christian and gnostic.  If I believed as you do, I would have to think any of them should be considered the equal of scripture.  Every preacher I hear on television could have a transcript of his message written down and that would have to be considered as a possible addition to the Bible.  That just doesn't work for me, and I don't believe God made any promise to do that.  Perhaps you can show me the exact promise of Christ I am speaking against?  

I have quoted the passage many times:

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;

...But the Spirit of truth is not equal, but greater than the written word, for the written word is only inspired, but the Spirit of truth is "face to face."

The checks and balances are given also:

1 John 4:1-3 

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

This was never shown, was it ?   i.e. no,  there is no such thing to understand. (until and unless shown/ proven) 

I am not sure how you mean "This was never shown." I have quoted the passage of Christ sending the Spirit of truth to "lead us into all truth" throughout the foreseeable future, many times. Until then we "see through a glass dimly, but then face to face." This is the promise of Christ.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, ScottA said:

I am not sure how you mean "This was never shown." I have quoted the passage of Christ sending the Spirit of truth to "lead us into all truth" throughout the foreseeable future, many times. Until then we "see through a glass dimly, but then face to face." This is the promise of Christ.

Leading us into all truth and seeing through a glass dimly, but then face to face doesn't mean that the canon isn't closed; it is not talking about additional revelation.    There will be greater understanding and greater illumination into the truth of Scripture, but there is no Scripture being inspired and has never been in the last 2000 years or so.

46 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Leading us into all truth and seeing through a glass dimly, but then face to face doesn't mean that the canon isn't closed; it is not talking about additional revelation.    There will be greater understanding and greater illumination into the truth of Scripture, but there is no Scripture being inspired and has never been in the last 2000 years or so.

Oh...I get you meaning. But surely, if Christ is the Word, and He is in those who are born again of the same spirit, and being that He has, "many more things to say" that they could not "bear" 2000 years ago, and has explained the means by which "all truth" will come...it is not a closed matter.