• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

18 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen brother..........a humble and contrite heart He will not despise.......but He is against the proud, so we always need to walk humbly and with a penitent heart.  In this way, be rightly related to Him through Christ........because HE alone is God and we are not.

This is correct and why we have the law and the prophets. Not so we can work our way to heaven and salvation, but to remind us of our sinful natures and the need for continual repentance. If you look at Leviticus, you will get a refresher course on what is important to the Lord (Yahweh). Then off to the confessional we go. Do not confuse Salvation with perfection as so many Christians do.

Remember the old bumper sticker: I'M NOT PERFECT, JUST SAVED!

Micah says we should do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
21 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Some people, who are immersed in iniquity, living in darkness, does not repent and say: "All my sins, past-present-future all solved. No need to repent. I am clean"

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8

"Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world
    But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him." - John 11:9-10

Glory to God! Amen.

Jesus paid the penalty of all sin, past present and future, but that does not mean that forgiveness is automatic.  It has to be appropriated by faith in Jesus Christ trusting in Him as Lord and Savior.   We must humbly repent of our sin and ask for forgiveness.   But the sin problem itself is dealt with eternally by one sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 10: 10-14). 

Guest shiloh357
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:40 AM, TrevorL said:

Greetings again KiwiChristian,

But Jesus answered them in John 10:30-36, dismissing their accusation. Jesus states in verse 36 that he is the Son of God. He also gives other answers to their accusation in these verses which should also be considered, especially where the Judges in Israel were called "gods" or "Elohim".

Kind regards
Trevor

"Son of God" is a claim to deity, a claim to being God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It has to be appropriated by faith in Jesus Christ trusting in Him as Lord and Savior.

Please, each of you examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith.

"By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit." - 1 John 4:13

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" - Romans 8:16

Do not believe in vain.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
    Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

If we believe in what He has said, His words must have an effect in us. His words are not powerless for those who believe in Him.

"that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:5

Glory to God! Amen.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings shiloh357,

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

"Son of God" is a claim to deity, a claim to being God.

My understanding of the concept of a father and a son is that a son is begotten by a father, and this includes conception and birth. Then there is a period of learning and development in youth and then maturity. All of these aspects apply to the birth and development of the Son of God. It finally includes his resurrection from the dead and he is now in every aspect The Son of God, the Son of God the Father Luke 1:35, Romans 1:1-4. I suggest that the Trinitarian concept ignores the language and teaching of the Scriptures.

Kind regards

Trevor

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings shiloh357,

My understanding of the concept of a father and a son is that a son is begotten by a father, and this includes conception and birth. Then there is a period of learning and development in youth and then maturity. All of these aspects apply to the birth and development of the Son of God. It finally includes his resurrection from the dead and he is now in every aspect The Son of God, the Son of God the Father Luke 1:35, Romans 1:1-4. I suggest that the Trinitarian concept ignores the language and teaching of the Scriptures.

Kind regards

Trevor

In the case of Jesus, the relationship of Son to Father is not paternal. 

The book of John is very careful to note the uniqueness of Jesus' sonship.   It is a matter of rank, not paternal relationship.    Furthermore, in Hebrew thought, which permeates the New Testament, "Son of"  was a comparative phrase that denotes the identical character of two things.   For example, when Jesus called James and John "sons of thunder,"  he was comparing their tempers with that of brashness of thunder.   Jesus referred to the Pharisees of as "sons of hell."  Those are similar in nature to the way "Son of God" is used in reference to Jesus.  Not the exact same, but similar.

So, the term in reference to Jesus in the book of John denotes that Jesus shares the same unique divine nature as the Father.  And that is why Jesus was accused of blasphemy.  If "Son of God" didn't refer to Jesus as God, they would not have reason to accuse Him and attempt to stone Him for blasphemy.

The Trinitarian concept is line with the Bible.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings again shiloh357,

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

In the case of Jesus, the relationship of Son to Father is not paternal.

Please read again Luke 1:30-35, where God the Father is the father and Mary is the mother, and hence Jesus is the Son of God as stated.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The book of John is very careful to note the uniqueness of Jesus' sonship.   It is a matter of rank, not paternal relationship.    Furthermore, in Hebrew thought, which permeates the New Testament, "Son of"  was a comparative phrase that denotes the identical character of two things.   For example, when Jesus called James and John "sons of thunder,"  he was comparing their tempers with that of brashness of thunder.   Jesus referred to the Pharisees of as "sons of hell."  Those are similar in nature to the way "Son of God" is used in reference to Jesus.  Not the exact same, but similar.

So, the term in reference to Jesus in the book of John denotes that Jesus shares the same unique divine nature as the Father.  And that is why Jesus was accused of blasphemy.  If "Son of God" didn't refer to Jesus as God, they would not have reason to accuse Him and attempt to stone Him for blasphemy.

The Trinitarian concept is line with the Bible.

I agree that such terms as “sons of thunder” speak of the individual being full of thunder or anger, but you are ignoring Luke 1:35, 2:52 and Romans 1:1-4 which speak of the birth, development and holy character and resurrection of Jesus to fully establish Jesus as The Son of God. Luke 1:35 and John 1:1-3,14 when carefully considered teach the birth and development of Jesus as the Son of God. It is the Word that is pre-incarnate, not Jesus.

Kind regards

Trevor

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings again shiloh357,

Please read again Luke 1:30-35, where God the Father is the father and Mary is the mother, and hence Jesus is the Son of God as stated.

Yes, but Jesus pre-existed His physical birth.   God is the Father, but not paternally.   The incarnation is not the beginning of Jesus' existence. 

I agree that such terms as “sons of thunder” speak of the individual being full of thunder or anger, but you are ignoring Luke 1:35, 2:52 and Romans 1:1-4 which speak of the birth, development and holy character and resurrection of Jesus to fully establish Jesus as The Son of God. Luke 1:35 and John 1:1-3,14 when carefully considered teach the birth and development of Jesus as the Son of God. It is the Word that is pre-incarnate, not Jesus.

I am not ignoring anything.   Jesus developed as an ordinary man.   Jesus was the Son of God before the resurrection.  Sorry, but Jesus was the Word and is still the Living Word of God.   He was the Word made flesh.  You really need more study on the interplay between the humanity and deity of Jesus.   We call that the hypostatic union.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Please, each of you examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith.

"By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit." - 1 John 4:13

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" - Romans 8:16

Do not believe in vain.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
    Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

If we believe in what He has said, His words must have an effect in us. His words are not powerless for those who believe in Him.

"that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:5

Glory to God! Amen.

To the Lord be the glory to the Lord be the praise .

man has complicated a walk that should have been so simple even a babe would have no confusion.

I take the HOLY SPIRIT over all them scholars any day of the week .     He is our guide ,  He reminds of US JESUS SAYINGS .   ITs all about who we obey is whose we are

shows evidence of who is really in us .      But many reject them red letters and they do it unto their own destruction .  onward through the trenches my friend of many letters

ONWARD by faith in CHRIST we go , by trust in HE alone and by the power of his grace we walk .      Onward my friend , onward in the LORD and praise be to HIS NAME . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

50 minutes ago, Cletus said:

here its declared  three times. 

Judas then, having received a itsband of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.

Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?

They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

Amen.  These people that deny that Jesus is the I AM will die in their sins and end up in hell.