• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

and it had started out so strong and good .     this writing .    let a man think their is some kind of awakening and not rather REPENT asap,

and most will just end up in the lake of fire .    I was so excited as I was reading this , till I seen how it started turning out .

Lets compare what and how JAMES talked about error .     IF one of you does err from the truth and one converts him back he has saved a soul from death.

Gideon .    The valley of decision .    For starters that has always been here .   In every generation they had to decide.

We going to follow Christ to the end or they choose sin .    We cant have both .   IF folks don't believe that IN JESUS we can overcome .

Then they wont believe it .    All we can do is exhort .     PAUL said something ,  that I think you either don't want to scare folks with .

BUT pard , if we don't have the SPIRIT we aer NONE OF HIS .   NONE.   and NONE.

AND if we have the SPIRIT the body is dead because of sin .     Those who are CHRISTS have crucified the lusts and affections of the flesh .  

To give hope tomorrow when a man can die tonight ,    that is vain .     WE got to correct asap .   

The valley of decision has been a wide plain, with people never having to truly make a final choice. In this valley, there is no gray. There is light and there is dark. We have to choose, and it means no more sitting on the fence, even if we are 3/4 of the way into light, for that will not be enough. We are asked to make our tree good, and there is but one way to do that. To commit to being light, we must agree to the Lord taking from us all that is dark. That is our old nature. 

You keep talking of repentance and yes it is needed. But a man can be repentant and miserable, and I was for almost four decades. We must share with them what we truly are to be repentant for.... limiting the Holy One of Israel with our unbelief, and then tell him what to do next. What must we do next? Believe our God! Reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead the self nature, and to use that confession as our shield against the enemy. Then yield ourselves to God not in our strength, our determination ,but as those who are alive from the dead!

If we repent but are not changed, it is but a matter of time we will either fall or become weary because of the way, and our walk becomes a joyless, hanging on by our fingernails walk, rather than a true walk of victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. 

Blessings, 

Gids

48 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

I agree on some, Gideon,  but not the determination "I can do this" I can not! But you are preaching to the choir. I would think many here are aware of just what God asks, and endeavor their best as God has directed. We are not a group of first graders sitting around waiting for some great revivalist to show us the way. We are the every day Joe Smo, doing what we believe by faith, to walk according God's will. As taught by the true word.
Concerning John 15. This parable is not about salvation. It is about fruit bearing. The branch that does not bear fruit, is taken away. It is worthless, not even good for a fire. It is taken away. (As by fire) It was IN the true vine. The fruit bearing branches are cleansed, (pruned) by the Father, the vine dresser. The Father removes (cleanses/cuts) the too long branch(us) so there is less of us, but much fruit (Which glorifies the Father) When I discovered this, I realized that everything that appears to be a chastisement in my life, could very well simply be a 'pruning' of the Father. Cool, huh. The vine dresser is the most important "worker" of the vineyard. He KNOWS what to do to get a branch in shape to bear much fruit. This is good to know. When things seem to go wrong at times, loss of a job, friend, hobby, etc, I have learned to trust God's perfect will (pruning) for my life.
I would enjoy your enthusiasm more if it was not so condescending, as if everybody here is as you describe the body. We're here, most trying to learn more of what works from each other concerning our Christian walk. When people constantly lambast the local bodies (churches) they are talking about the different parts, that God commanded when He said not to forsake the assembling ourselves. Yes, they all have problems, full of hypocrites and many lost. But those of us who have decided to stay and fight the good fight and not give up the ship would appreciate a little encouragement occasionally.  I have no data on this statement only a guesstimation, but I would venture to say most here on Worthy were saved at a church, because of a church, or by someone from a church in the past. It's been working for a couple of thousand years, broken down as it is. For the most part, these are God's people, and it's not very wise to make general statements, which would include the remnant.
Study John 15. About abiding, being pruned, finding out about not DOING, but abiding. God does the works. Through us. If we abide. Cool....
:cool:

Brother, to leave people with an “I can’t do this” gospel is far worse than most error. It forces them to make the best of their failure, when that is not God’s will for them at all. I am not saying “You can do this. Try harder!” I am saying that we must try, for in our trying and our failing, we finally look away from our inabilities to the God of amazing promises.

Do you realize that God clearly promised to cause us to walk in obedience, and yet we want to close our ears and eyes because we are determined to make do, rather than walk as overcomers. We can’t overcome, you are right, but....and this is a huge BUT, He can do it IN IS! walking in real victory is not for the super saint, but for every single one of us. Consider:

Has He not delivered us from the power of darkness?

Has He not given us shields of faith that will quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy?

Has He not told is that He would not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist and will make a way of escape every time? 

What good is any of that if we still possess fallen natures that sometimes do not take that way of escape, or neglect to hold up our shields?

If you understood what God truly promises us, you would not think this message is putting weights on your shoulders that you cannot bear, but taking the weights off of you and onto God’s strong shoulders so we can walk as overcomers, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. 

After God promised in Ekekiel 36 to cause us (His words, not mine) to be obedient, He finishes by saying this:

”I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel to do it for them. I shall increase them like a flock. “

We are being awakened to this amazing promise. But we cannot see Him do it for us, until we admit that first, it needs to be done, and secondly, that no matter how hard we try, we cannot do it. But once we become like Paul, seeing ourselves as wretched men, longing with all our hearts to be free but unable to get the strong man off our back, we are ready to do the one thing God asks of us.

Believe that what we cannot do, He can and will do in us. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

5 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, to leave people with an “I can’t do this” gospel is far worse than most error. It forces them to make the best of their failure, when that is not God’s will for them at all. I am not saying “You can do this. Try harder!” I am saying that we must try, for in our trying and our failing, we finally look away from our inabilities to the God of amazing promises.

Do you realize that God clearly promised to cause us to walk in obedience, and yet we want to close our ears and eyes because we are determined to make do, rather than walk as overcomers. We can’t overcome, you are right, but....and this is a huge BUT, He can do it IN IS! walking in real victory is not for the super saint, but for every single one of us. Consider:

Has He not delivered us from the power of darkness?

Has He not given us shields of faith that will quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy?

Has He not told is that He would not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist and will make a way of escape every time? 

What good is any of that if we still possess fallen natures that sometimes do not take that way of escape, or neglect to hold up our shields?

If you understood what God truly promises us, you would not think this message is putting weights on your shoulders that you cannot bear, but taking the weights off of you and onto God’s strong shoulders so we can walk as overcomers, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. 

After God promised in Ekekiel 36 to cause us (His words, not mine) to be obedient, He finishes by saying this:

”I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel to do it for them. I shall increase them like a flock. “

We are being awakened to this amazing promise. But we cannot see Him do it for us, until we admit that first, it needs to be done, and secondly, that no matter how hard we try, we cannot do it. But once we become like Paul, seeing ourselves as wretched men, longing with all our hearts to be free but unable to get the strong man off our back, we are ready to do the one thing God asks of us.

Believe that what we cannot do, He can and will do in us. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I see this is simply a one sided discussion.  Just keep on preaching.

'Tact is the ability to close my mouth before someone else wants to'............:cool:

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

54 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Ok, let’s get an example. A Christian man gets into a bad accident and has to use pain medicine while he recuperates. He becomes addicted. He loves the Lord and wants to quit but he simply does not have it in him to quit. He is trapped in Romans 7. Tell me what you would say to him to help him get free. 

Do you understand that multitudes of Christians who genuinely love the Lord are now trapped in sin and want to stop, want to be holy but do not know how? What is your counsel to them to get them victorious? 

Thanks,

Gids

Let's say that Christian man will die while addicted to the pain medication which he unknowingly got addicted too, do you really think this person will go to hell?

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Let's say that Christian man will die while addicted to the pain medication which he unknowingly got addicted too, do you really think this person will go to hell?

No, I do not. But what I do believe is there is a way for that man to walk free and victorious. Do you? And if so, what is your advice on how to see this accomplished? 

In  these last days, God is going to move mountains to liberate those imprisoned in Romans 7 longing to be delivered from the sins that have ensnared them and robbed them of their joy. But those who try to justify their living in Romans 7 as unavoidable, with no real conviction or desire to get freed from satan’s grasp are giving the enemy a huge advantage. To reason that “we are only human so why not make the best of it because holiness is in impossibility anyway”,  is to expose a heart that does not yet really hate darkness, or want to be delivered no matter the cost. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

4 minutes ago, Gideon said:

No, I do not. But what I do believe is there is a way for that man to walk free and victorious. Do you? And if so, what is your advice on how to see this accomplished? 

In  these last days, God is going to move mountains to liberate those imprisoned in Romans 7 longing to be delivered from the sins that have ensnared them and robbed them of their joy. But those who try to justify their living in Romans 7 as unavoidable, with no real conviction or desire to get freed from satan’s grasp are giving the enemy a huge advantage. To reason that “we are only human so why not make the best of it because holiness is in impossibility anyway”,  is to expose a heart that does not yet really hate darkness, or want to be delivered no matter the cost. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

No, I do not.

Amen ,that person will go to heaven.

If the man is a Christian the Holy Spirit will help him to stop taking all that medication if not needed for the pain , I think it's enough for us to take care of our own problems instead of focussing on other people. We serve a mighty God who can move mountains.

If we trust God to be forgiven through the blood of Jesus then all our sins are washed away and Jesus died for our future sins also.

Ephesians 1:3-14 King James Version (KJV)

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According  as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;

8 Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

44 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Blessings, 

Gideon

Released From the Law, Bound to Christ

1Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5For when we were in the realm of the flesh,a the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

The Law and Sin

7What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”b 8But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.c For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful natured a slave to the law of sin.

Question: "Is Romans 7:14-25 describing a believer or an unbeliever?"

Answer: Romans 7:14–25 is a passage that has caused some confusion among Bible students because of the strong language Paul uses to describe himself. How can the greatest of the apostles characterize himself, and by extension, all Christians, as “unspiritual,” a “slave to sin” and a “prisoner of the law of sin”? Aren’t these descriptions used in Romans 7:14–25 descriptions of unbelievers? How can Paul describe himself in these terms if he is truly saved? The key to understanding Romans 7:14–25 is Paul’s description of the two natures of a Christian. Prior to salvation, we have only one nature—the sin nature. But once we come to Christ, we are new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), but we still abide in the old flesh which has the remains of the sinful nature within it. These two natures war constantly with one another, continually pulling the believer in opposite directions.

The desires of the believer’s spiritual nature pull him in the direction of good while the flesh in which he lives pulls him in the other. He wants to do one thing but has something within him that does the opposite. So how do these evil desires differ from those of an unbeliever? Simply put, the believer hates the evil flesh in which he lives and desires to be freed from it, whereas unbelievers have no such desire. So strong is Paul’s desire to live godly and so frustrated is he that his flesh wars against his spirit that he finally cries out in desperation, “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?” Of course, the answer is Jesus Christ our Lord (verse 25). One day believers will be completely freed from the body of death in which we live when we are glorified with Christ in heaven, but until that day we rely on the power of the Spirit who indwells us and gives us victory in the ongoing battle with sin.

In Romans 7:14–25, the apostle Paul puts into practical language the fact that he is a redeemed sinner who still has a carnal body, the flesh that wars against the indwelling Spirit. In another place the apostle says, “That Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the chief” (1 Timothy 1:15). The personal pronouns in these passages are not just an artifice but a statement of reality and the honest evaluation of a man who examines himself in the light of who he is and who our Lord Jesus is and comes to the conclusion that he is a wretched man in need of deliverance. This is not the deliverance from the penalty of sin—that was paid for on the cross—but deliverance from the power of sin.

As a faithful teacher, the apostle Paul in Romans 7:14–25 uses his own experiences and what he has learned through them to teach other believers how to use God’s provision and our position in Christ to overcome the struggle with our carnal nature. Praise God that we have such a wonderful thesis that not only truthfully exposes the struggle between the spiritual nature and the flesh in which it resides, but most importantly presents us with the tremendous hope and confidence in our salvation: “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Amen ,that person will go to heaven.

If the man is a Christian the Holy Spirit will help him to stop taking all that medication if not needed for the pain , I think it's enough for us to take care of our own problems instead of focussing on other people. We serve a mighty God who can move mountains.

If we trust God to be forgiven through the blood of Jesus then all our sins are washed away and Jesus died for our future sins also.

Ephesians 1:3-14 King James Version (KJV)

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According  as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;

8 Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I must be missing something. Do you realize how many people are believers, children of God, and yet are struggling with addictions to a thousand different things? I agree, the Holy Spirit can free them. But... they are still not free. Why is that and what does you suggest be done to move them into victory? 

If what you say is true, then those who remain addicted or afflicted or tormented simply do not want it badly enough and must not be  Christians. Give me concrete advice that you offer them that works. 

Look, if we are everyday believers cannot get victory over the little foxes that spoil the vine, what on earth do we have to offer these battling ravenous beasts of sin? Until we can look them in the eye and say “What I share worked for me and I promise, it will work for you”, we need to get down on our knees and pray and ask for the answer to sins that people want to shake free from but simply cannot. 

What I have been given myself and have been asked to share works. It will work for anyone, and on any sin, but we are as a  whole quite content to remain healed but only slightly, and say ‘peace, peace’ when in truth, our peace is a facade.

The power of sin is real. But until we display with our lives that the power of God is greater, the world will continue to mock us for our shallowness and religious pride. God said in Ezekiel 36 that the heathen shall KNOW that He is the Lord, when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes.

Something is needed that is visible and undeniable and it is the message of the new creature. We can mock it, we can deny it, we can say it is false teaching, we can remain content with a form of godliness while our lives deny its power, but the day approaches when God will sweep over us and open our eyes to the truth of who He has made us, and when that happens, we will stand amazed that we limited Him as much as we have.

blessings,

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

Ok, let’s get an example. A Christian man gets into a bad accident and has to use pain medicine while he recuperates. He becomes addicted. He loves the Lord and wants to quit but he simply does not have it in him to quit. He is trapped in Romans 7. Tell me what you would say to him to help him get free. 

Do you understand that multitudes of Christians who genuinely love the Lord are now trapped in sin and want to stop, want to be holy but do not know how? What is your counsel to them to get them victorious? 

Thanks,

Gids

Since I don't trust in me ,  but ONLY in CHRIST , I would wait on the LORD ,   and SINCE HE KNOWS exactly what that man would need to hear ,  I would speak it in that hour .

WORRY not what to say ,  FOR I WILL GIVE YOU A MOUTH .        TRUSTING IN THE LORD is the one thing that has brought me the peace that passes all understanding .

ITS NOT on me what to say ,  and praise the LORD for that , for I know not what to say ,  BUT OH ,  THE LORD KNOWS ALL THINGS .      SO wait on the LORD

and HE will give you what to say to anyone in whatever bind they are in .       SPECIFIC ENOUGH.      THAT is all I need do .  WAIT on the LORD .  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I must be missing something. Do you realize how many people are believers, children of God, and yet are struggling with addictions to a thousand different things? I agree, the Holy Spirit can free them. But... they are still not free. Why is that and what does you suggest be done to move them into victory? 

If what you say is true, then those who remain addicted or afflicted or tormented simply do not want it badly enough and must not be  Christians. Give me concrete advice that you offer them that works. 

Look, if we are everyday believers cannot get victory over the little foxes that spoil the vine, what on earth do we have to offer these battling ravenous beasts of sin? Until we can look them in the eye and say “What I share worked for me and I promise, it will work for you”, we need to get down on our knees and pray and ask for the answer to sins that people want to shake free from but simply cannot. 

What I have been given myself and have been asked to share works. It will work for anyone, and on any sin, but we are as a  whole quite content to remain healed but only slightly, and say ‘peace, peace’ when in truth, our peace is a facade.

The power of sin is real. But until we display with our lives that the power of God is greater, the world will continue to mock us for our shallowness and religious pride. God said in Ezekiel 36 that the heathen shall KNOW that He is the Lord, when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes.

Something is needed that is visible and undeniable and it is the message of the new creature. We can mock it, we can deny it, we can say it is false teaching, we can remain content with a form of godliness while our lives deny its power, but the day approaches when God will sweep over us and open our eyes to the truth of who He has made us, and when that happens, we will stand amazed that we limited Him as much as we have.

blessings,

Gideon

If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples. John 15:7

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.Romans 12:1

Matthew Henry Commentary

12:1,2 The apostle having closed the part of his epistle wherein he argues and proves various doctrines which are practically applied, here urges important duties from gospel principles. He entreated the Romans, as his brethren in Christ, by the mercies of God, to present their bodies as a living sacrifice to Him. This is a powerful appeal. We receive from the Lord every day the fruits of his mercy. Let us render ourselves; all we are, all we have, all we can do: and after all, what return is it for such very rich receivings? It is acceptable to God: a reasonable service, which we are able and ready to give a reason for, and which we understand. Conversion and sanctification are the renewing of the mind; a change, not of the substance, but of the qualities of the soul. The progress of sanctification, dying to sin more and more, and living to righteousness more and more, is the carrying on this renewing work, till it is perfected in glory. The great enemy to this renewal is, conformity to this world. Take heed of forming plans for happiness, as though it lay in the things of this world, which soon pass away. Do not fall in with the customs of those who walk in the lusts of the flesh, and mind earthly things. The work of the Holy Ghost first begins in the understanding, and is carried on to the will, affections, and conversation, till there is a change of the whole man into the likeness of God, in knowledge, righteousness, and true holiness. Thus, to be godly, is to give up ourselves to God.

• Thumbs Up 1