• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

There is a difference in sinning out of weakness, which is common at the very start, and sinning purposefully.

"He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8

But he who insists on sinning, and is not looking forward to follow the Holy Spirit and consequently overcome it...

"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey,
whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?" - Romans 6:16

Then it is to question whether they have indeed receive His Spirit.

"But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love...
For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness,
and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins." - 2 Peter 1:5-7+9

As such attitude shows little to no love for the One who saved him. And it is very, very dishonoring.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith." - 1 John 5:3-4

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

4 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

The Lord is long suffering not willing that any be lost

Forgive me for barging in. I thought the subject was the spirit of antichrist

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I notice John made no distinction between sinning and sinning willfully.Perhaps God,using John as His mouthpiece, does  not make a distinction between the two.To different degrees, all sin is willful.To those that misinterpret the Hebrews passage and are scared to death about it, they put that verse front and center and the whole Bible Revolves around it.Some believe that the Blood does not cover willful sins.....That would make The Blood Of Our Savior not worthless,just half worthless.Scary position to live by.

Right. There is sometimes no clearly cut distinction in the eyes of the sinner. It may seem not  willful for the person involved. People often try and find some "objective circumstances". I think sins are mostly willful. Who can tell the difference? I think the best way is to ask Christian brothers to help find out what it was in every particular case.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 minutes ago, vlad said:

I think sins are mostly willful. Who can tell the difference?

There is a difference:

If I plan to do something that I am fully aware of that is not pleasing to God, and it goes against His commandments.

And my conscience says: It is wrong, it is sinful.

And even I knowing it I choose to do it anyway, and do not even try to avoid.

Willful sin has this pattern.

If I sin unwillingly, my conscience would be in peace as it did not said it was sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

2 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

There is a difference:

If I plan to do something that I am fully aware of that is not pleasing to God, and it goes against His commandments.

And my conscience says: It is wrong, it is sinful.

And even I knowing it I choose to do it anyway, and do not even try to avoid.

Willful sin has this pattern.

If I sin unwillingly, my conscience would be in peace as it did not said it was sin.

That is right in your case. You say: "If I sin unwillingly, my conscience would be in peace as it did not said it was sin".

Still many people can not always feel and  decide that alone.  It is hard to judge oneself. Christian brothers might help.

28 minutes ago, vlad said:

Still many people can not always feel and  decide that alone.

Well, then what they should do is to ask. As it is written:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives
to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5

29 minutes ago, vlad said:

It is hard to judge oneself. Christian brothers might help.

There are things we ourselves cannot see or understand right now. Hopefully, well intended brothers can help and give proper direction.

"...First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you
will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye." - Luke 6:42

And hopefully, they will receive and apply the instructions given.

"Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:4

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
5 hours ago, Adstar said:

1 John 5: KJV

16 "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it."

There are not sins unto death for those who are being saved. But there is One Sin that is unto death which is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which shall never be forgiven.. This is the Sin unto death..  All other sins are forgiven by the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ..

Luke 12: KJV

10 "And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven."

Of course any sin is a sin unto death for those who reject the message of Jesus and who have no faith in the Atonement of Jesus..

That is a sin unto death, but that is speculation to claim it is the only one, though there is forgiveness available for everything else.

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

That is a sin unto death, but that is speculation to claim it is the only one, though there is forgiveness available for everything else.

It seems that many people do not understand, or actually never experienced what truly is being born again.

People who just see Jesus' sacrifice as an excuse to practice sin have missed something: Repentance.

It is no longer you who live, then what you would be doing after repenting and receiving His forgiveness is to walk contrary to your old life.

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light" - Ephesians 5:8

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17

When we are under grace, to commit sin is not an option, it is a catastrophic accident we do not wish to repeat.

To live according to His will, His Words, to be like Jesus is our new objective.

"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him;
and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." - 1 John 3:9

Because we now walk in His light, not in darkness.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Of course, sins vary in their degree , they are all covered by the Blood.Except the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.Some teach that sin can’t be committed today.

Returning to the OP, Anyone who claims that Jesus is not The  Christ is an anti-Christ

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Except the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

This sin is simply the rejection of truth. The person refuses to hear and obey the Holy Spirit, and never repents and consequently dies on his sins.

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins;
for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." - John 8:24

The only reason for anyone to do this is: To love darkness rather than light.

"And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:19

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Some teach that sin can’t be committed today.

Obviously, it can. Otherwise those who rejected the love of the gospel wouldn't be condemned to eternal fire, which is the condemnation for such sin.

"...he who does not believe God has made Him a liar,
because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son." - 1 John 5:10