Heb 13:8

The context of 1 Thess 5:1

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Absolutely.

I don't see how bad news (invoking fear?) can desensitize with knowing that God is in control.   Care to explain?

The PuP 

Posted (edited)

And Elohim said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons (Moedim), and for days, and years: Genesis 1:14
Moedim - YHWH's Appointed Times - Seasons

LXX Greek Septuagint -  Genesis 1:14 Seasons (kairos)
But of the times and the seasons (kairos) , brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 1 Th 5:1

He appointed the moon for seasons (Moedim): the sun knoweth his going down. Psalms 104:19

Seems the Thessalonians had been taught about YHWH's appointed Times, and they knew what was meant by different Hebrew idioms, that the church thinks has passed away.

OY VEY

One of the first notions that need to be dispelled is that the day and hour of His Second coming can not be known.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Revelation 3:3

The Living In Jerusalem Will be Saying as He returns Baruch haba b'Shem YHWH, Adonai YESHUA Mashiach (accounted worthy to escape the hour of trial, were not of the foolish virgins that had rejected the knowledge and wisdom of Torah. Hosea 4:6

but but, YESHUA said no man can know the day of His second coming.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only. Matthew 24:35-36 
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My Words shall not pass away.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Mark 13:31-32

How is it? that there are so many that use these verses as anything other than what YESHUA said, the day and hour that heaven and earth  will pass away is known only to the Father - Which occurs at the end of the Day of YHWH, The 1000 year reign of the King of kings on the earth.
His Coming as a thief is upon those who are not watching, Haven't a clue what they should be watching out for

How are those accounted worthy going to escape the Great Tribulation, Jacob's Trouble, The Dark and Cloudy day, which begins the Day of YHWH, the Period of Time that John saw, when He was in the Spirit on that Day - He saw a thousand year span, from the time of trial until the new heavens and earth - The Day of YHWH

And YHWH will create upon every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence (Chuppah). Isaiah 4:5

According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him Marvellous Things. Micah 7:15 (Jeremiah 30:7  ....He shall be saved out it)

Ezekiel 20:33-49 As I Live, saith Adonai YHWH ... Ezekiel 34:12 ... so will I seek out My sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered In the cloudy and dark day.

And Saviours shall come up on Mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be YHWH's. Obadiah 1:21

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Zion, and with him an Hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's Name written in their foreheads. Revelation 14:1

Remember Lot's wife.

Before the door is shut

Therefore, behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that it shall no more be said, YHWH Liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

But, YHWH Liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither He had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. Jeremiah 16:14-15

Except unto The Lost Sheep of the house of Israel - The Twelve Tribes scattered abroad. James 1:1

Here Paul is writing to those in Corinth who were formerly of the nations, but have become Citizens of Israel - Ephesians 2:11-12 - Galatians 3:29 w/ Isaiah 41:8

That  it was their fathers as well as his " All Our" that came out of Egypt.

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 1 Corinthians 10:1

Edited by Son Of Zion

8 hours ago, Son Of Zion said:

And Elohim said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons (Moedim), and for days, and years: Genesis 1:14
Moedim - YHWH's Appointed Times - Seasons

LXX Greek Septuagint -  Genesis 1:14 Seasons (kairos)
But of the times and the seasons (kairos) , brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 1 Th 5:1

He appointed the moon for seasons (Moedim): the sun knoweth his going down. Psalms 104:19

Seems the Thessalonians had been taught about YHWH's appointed Times, and they knew what was meant by different Hebrew idioms, that the church thinks has passed away.

OY VEY

One of the first notions that need to be dispelled is that the day and hour of His Second coming can not be known.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Revelation 3:3

The Living In Jerusalem Will be Saying as He returns Baruch haba b'Shem YHWH, Adonai YESHUA Mashiach (accounted worthy to escape the hour of trial, were not of the foolish virgins that had rejected the knowledge and wisdom of Torah. Hosea 4:6

but but, YESHUA said no man can know the day of His second coming.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only. Matthew 24:35-36 
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My Words shall not pass away.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Mark 13:31-32

How is it? that there are so many that use these verses as anything other than what YESHUA said, the day and hour that heaven and earth  will pass away is known only to the Father - Which occurs at the end of the Day of YHWH, The 1000 year reign of the King of kings on the earth.
His Coming as a thief is upon those who are not watching, Haven't a clue what they should be watching out for

How are those accounted worthy going to escape the Great Tribulation, Jacob's Trouble, The Dark and Cloudy day, which begins the Day of YHWH, the Period of Time that John saw, when He was in the Spirit on that Day - He saw a thousand year span, from the time of trial until the new heavens and earth - The Day of YHWH

And YHWH will create upon every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence (Chuppah). Isaiah 4:5

According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him Marvellous Things. Micah 7:15 (Jeremiah 30:7  ....He shall be saved out it)

Ezekiel 20:33-49 As I Live, saith Adonai YHWH ... Ezekiel 34:12 ... so will I seek out My sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered In the cloudy and dark day.

And Saviours shall come up on Mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be YHWH's. Obadiah 1:21

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Zion, and with him an Hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's Name written in their foreheads. Revelation 14:1

Remember Lot's wife.

Before the door is shut

Therefore, behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that it shall no more be said, YHWH Liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

But, YHWH Liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither He had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. Jeremiah 16:14-15

Except unto The Lost Sheep of the house of Israel - The Twelve Tribes scattered abroad. James 1:1

Here Paul is writing to those in Corinth who were formerly of the nations, but have become Citizens of Israel - Ephesians 2:11-12 - Galatians 3:29 w/ Isaiah 41:8

That  it was their fathers as well as his " All Our" that came out of Egypt.

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 1 Corinthians 10:1

We can know THE TIMES & SEASON of his coming,  but not the day or hour.   There are two principal signs that Jesus (and Peter) told us that would signal the imminency of his return.   Satan being cast out of heaven and heavens and earth passing away.   

The context of Jesus saying that "heaven & earth passing away" was in the context of his parousia taking place: 

*[[Mat 24:35]] KJV* Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.  * But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.  * But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming [parousia] of the Son of man be.

Without the verse notations it becomes much clearer.   Peter said that the Day of [the] Lord will come with heavens and earth melting with great heat.   But that is not the new heavens and new earth WHEREIN DWELLETH RIGHTEOUSNESS.   It is part of the same process,  but it is not the completed project.   This all takes place (excluding the righteousness part) with the opening of the sixth seal.   Peters words are: 

NEVERTHELESS,  we look for New heavens &earth WHEREIN DWELLETH righteousness.   The point that is misunderstood about that event is that this burns up the works of man,  but not man himself.   Jeremiah said it this way: 

*[[Jer 25:29]] KJV* For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts......

*[[Jer 25:33]] KJV* And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

The DAY of the Lord will,  in fact, come like a thief in the night upon most people,  Christians included,  because they don't know what and how the signs that Jesus spoke of will take place.   The day and hour will only be known by the Lord because: 

*[[Zec 14:7]] KJV* But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

Blessings

The PuP 

"We can know THE TIMES & SEASON of his coming,  but not the day or hour"

No you can't .... the Lord will move when He is ready

No one knows His time

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

We can know THE TIMES & SEASON of his coming,  but not the day or hour.   There are two principal signs that Jesus (and Peter) told us that would signal the imminency of his return.   Satan being cast out of heaven and heavens and earth passing away.   

The context of Jesus saying that "heaven & earth passing away" was in the context of his parousia taking place: 

*[[Mat 24:35]] KJV* Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.  * But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.  * But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming [parousia] of the Son of man be.

Without the verse notations it becomes much clearer.   Peter said that the Day of [the] Lord will come with heavens and earth melting with great heat.   But that is not the new heavens and new earth WHEREIN DWELLETH RIGHTEOUSNESS.   It is part of the same process,  but it is not the completed project.   This all takes place (excluding the righteousness part) with the opening of the sixth seal.   Peters words are: 

NEVERTHELESS,  we look for New heavens &earth WHEREIN DWELLETH righteousness.   The point that is misunderstood about that event is that this burns up the works of man,  but not man himself.   Jeremiah said it this way: 

*[[Jer 25:29]] KJV* For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts......

*[[Jer 25:33]] KJV* And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

The DAY of the Lord will,  in fact, come like a thief in the night upon most people,  Christians included,  because they don't know what and how the signs that Jesus spoke of will take place.   The day and hour will only be known by the Lord because: 

*[[Zec 14:7]] KJV* But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

Blessings

The PuP 

Shabbat Shalom

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this One thing, that One Day is with YHWH as a Thousand Years, and a Thousand Years as One Day.... 9 .... 

10 But the Day of the Adonai will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 1 Peter 3:8,10

Peter is perfectly clear, Don't be without knowledge about this one thing, that One Day is a Thousand years to YHWH

but the Day of YHWH (A Thousand years) in the which, at the end, the heavens and earth are burned.

Hosea 5:15 (The last verse of the chapter)

I will go and return to My place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek My face: in their affliction they will seek Me early.

The speaker in Verse 15 is YHWH

When did YHWH leave His Place? 

Who, *Being in the form (Morphe) of Elohim (Theos), thought it not robbery to be equal with EL: *(Present Active Participle)

But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: Philippians 2:6-7

What was the Offense 

And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the Time of thy visitation. Luke 19:44

How Long did He say that He would be gone?
Hosea 6:2 
After Two Days (2000 years) He will revive us: in The Third Day (MillenniumHe will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight.

~~~~~~~

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, YHWH of Hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot)

And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, YHWH of Hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. Zechariah 14:16-17

And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:4

And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: Matthew 25:32

Edited by Son Of Zion

On 6/21/2018 at 4:37 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

Is 1 Thess 5:1 telling us that we do not need scripture, youtube or the internet to know when the Day of the Lord comes.

graphó: to write
Original Word: γράφω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: graphó
Phonetic Spelling: (graf'-o)
Short Definition: I write
Definition: I write; pass: it is written, it stands written (in the scriptures).

The Day of the Lord

1Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write (graphó) to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

This should be in prophecy section. - Heb

Notice.......while PEOPLE say peace & safety destruction will come upon THEM as in THEM in the Dark.  Those on the Light are thus not subject unto this Wrath, because of course they have already been Raptured to the Marriage in Heaven, thus VERSE 4 says you are not in the darkness that this day will fall upon you. We belong to the LIGHT (Jesus) not the DARK (Satan). Its really that simple.

On 6/21/2018 at 6:13 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

No, partial rapture is false. The "oil" in Matt 25 is describing the indwelling Holy Spirit which never leaves a believer in Christ. I don't think God will punish those who chose not to have youtube or the internet, for these are man made things. - Heb

All Believers are TAKEN at the time of the Rapture...........after the DOOR TO THE MARRIAGE IS SHUT, others will come unto the Faith, the 144,000 which s not really 144,000 it is AL ISRAEL or the 1/3 of the Jews that Repent, and the REMNANT CHURCH of Rev. 12:17, who are the Martyrs under the Alter seen at the 5th Seal. So ALL were taken and OTHERS WERE ADDED LATER, Christ will tun no one away, BUT.........There are Consequences, they are shut out of the Marriage, they are give their White Robes and told they must wait until their fellow brothers have been killed as they were. (The Beast reigns  for 42 Months)

On 6/21/2018 at 8:32 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

So how would the thessalonican's not be surprised like a thief without believers on the internet warning them? Can believers in 2018 just know when that day comes without the internet?

It says YOU WILL NOT BE SURPRISED, hence you (BELIEVERS) will not be here [because you are not children of the DARK] !! That is all that it means, the children of the LIGHT will go to be with Jesus BEFORE the Day of the Lords Wrath hits the earth. 

On 6/21/2018 at 11:41 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

1 Thess 5:4 says they will not be surprised like a thief.

For example, what if Joe Bob who is a believer in Christ lives in the mountains and chooses not to have internet or tv. Not only that, but he no longer has any friends or family who are believers. The only thing he clings too is his Bible and his faith. Will Joe Bob be surprised like a thief because he didn't watch the right youtube video on the rapture or he didn't read the right article in a Christian magazine.

Because according to 1 Thess 5:1, 4, believers do not need scripture, times and seasons told to them when that day comes (the Day of the Lord).

Your understanding seems to not rely on the Pre Tribulation Rapture, thus nothing fits properly.

4 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

who are the Martyrs under the Alter seen at the 5th Seal.

I really don't like talking about the timing of the seals. God bless RM.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:41 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

I really don't like talking about the timing of the seals. God bless RM.

Well they gave an "APPOINTED TIME" just like all of Gods plans.

14 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Well they gave an "APPOINTED TIME" just like all of Gods plans.

Right, inside the 70th week which the church will not be here for.

6 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Right, inside the 70th week which the church will not be here for.

That is true, hence I try to leave a record of what will happen for those left on earth. The Jews need to understand whats coming, as do the REMNANT CHURCH of Rev. 12:17.