Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heb 13:8

The context of 1 Thess 5:1

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

The Rapture is many places, 1 Cor. 15, Rev. 4:1, 1 Thess. 4:17, the 2 Thess. 2 chapter is explaining that the CHURCH MUST DEPART before the Man of Sin can come onto the scene. So it is speaking about an EVENT (The Anti-Christ coming forth) that CAN NOT HAPPEN.........Until the Rapture. That is a fact. 

Yet the verse you gave states Christ will not return until the antichrist is revealed.

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come , except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

So how can there be a rapture before the above verse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

The Rapture is many places, 1 Cor. 15, Rev. 4:1, 1 Thess. 4:17, the 2 Thess. 2 chapter is explaining that the CHURCH MUST DEPART before the Man of Sin can come onto the scene. So it is speaking about an EVENT (The Anti-Christ coming forth) that CAN NOT HAPPEN.........Until the Rapture. That is a fact. 

Where does any of those verses say such a thing?

Edited by n2thelight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

Nothing is cit short, God does't have to plan twice....He cut the END TIMES to SEVEN YEARS because that was God's understanding of how long He could allow the Wrath of God to go on. The Beast is allowed to rule 3.5 Years or 42 Months, any longer and all humans would have been wiped out. 

 

He cut the time of the tribulation short

Mark 13:20 "And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chose, He hath shortened the days."

The verse clearly states the tribulation was cut short.

But since you all claim this is written to the Jew's why worry anyway,right? Yet the below says

Mark 13:37 "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

Another thing,since Mark 13 gives all of the seals from revelation when in Revelation does Christ return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Yet the verse you gave states Christ will not return until the antichrist is revealed.

 II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come , except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

So how can there be a rapture before the above verse?

No it doesn't, Satan has just twisted and confused people as he is want to do. Read my post at the top....."Is the Falling away a false teaching" 

The whole passage is about the Church DEPARTING from the earth to go be with the Lord, and thus we will no face Gods Wrath. Paul is telling the Thessalonians this to assuage their fears, someone has told then they are going to go trough the Day of the Lord or Gods Wrath, and Paul is saying:

(A.) HEY..LOOK GUYS, don't fall for these lies or be troubled by these lies, by any spirit, word or even by a LETTER AS IF IT WAS FROM US telling you that the Day of the Lord is at Hand !! (Gods Wrath). 

So what should we tale from this? People were telling the Thessalonians that they were going to go through Gods Wrath, and it seems someone was saying this is what Paul is preaching now, or lied and said they had Paul's Authority to teach this bunk. Paul says ITS A LIE. 

(B.) Back to the very first first verse, back then they wrote in odd ways, but its clear they were starting the letter with the ANSWER. We Beseech you or we urge you fervently by the GATHERING (or because of the GATHERING) TOGETHER UNTO Christ Jesus NOT TO BE AFRAID...........Of what? Of going through the Day of the Lord or Gods Wrath..........BUT WHY..........Verse 1 tells us, because we are gong to be Raptured unto the Lord !! 

If people can't understand the KJV, I suggest reading the Holman version (HCSB). 

(C.) Let no one DECEIVE YOU (Thessalonians) by any means (Letter, word or spirit) for THAT DAY (DOTL/Gods Wrath) shall NOT COME except there come a DEPARTURE [OF THE CHURCH] First, and only afterwards will the Man of Sin (Anti-Christ) be allowed to come forth, the son of perdition who is damned unto hell fire. 

Again, we BESEECH YOU or URGE YOU FERVENTLY, not to BE AFRAID, because THAT DAY (DOTL) can not come upon you until the CHURCH DEPARTS and is thus GATHERED UNTIL THE LORD !! Then the Anti-Christ will be allowed to come forth when Jesus opens the First Seal. 

Verse 5 tells us that Paul has already told the Thessalonians this BEFORE, but they have listened unto LIARS and thus they have now become WORRIED !! Why does Paul tell them not to worry ? Because they will be GATHERED UNTO THE LORD Before the Day of the Lord can come upon them. 

(D.) This Anti-Christ opposes and exalts himself above God, so that he sits in the Temple as God. DON'T YOU REMEMBER? I told you these things when I was WITH YOU BEFORE !! And NOW YOU KNOW WHAT WITHHOLDETH that He (Anti-Christ) might be REVEALED IN HIS OWN TIME !!

 Paul gives us a Glimpse of this coming Anti-Christ/Beast, then scolds the Thessalonians, HEY GUYS....Why are you coming to me with these fears, didn't I tell you about these things when I was with you before ? (The Church Departing before the Anti-Christ can come forth, and the A.C. must come forth before the DOTL can come) AND........Now you know what Withholdeth or holds the Anti-Christ back so that he can not come forth.  HINT:

Its the Church (which will DEPART) full of the Holy Spirit, that keeps the Anti-Christ from coming forth until the Church DEPARTS. Jesus told Peter the Gates of Hell CAN NOT PREVAIL, against the Church. So in order for this Anti-Christ to come forth, we the Church has to leave this earth to go be with Jesus. We are what have STOPPED THE BEAST in his tracks for 2000 years, we are the MORTAL WOUND to the Seven Headed Beast. 

Notice, all the Beasts SKIP 2000 years right past the CHURCH AGE...........Notice the STATUE SKIPS 2000 years also..............NOTICE the 70th week SKIPS 2000 Years, the Church Age stopped the One World Government movement by Satan in its tracks. When we Depart, the Anti-Christ/Little Horn will be allowed to COM FORTH !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Where does any of those verses say such a thing?

If you can't see it I probably can't make you see it brother, eyes have to be opened by Jesus/God on these type things.

9 hours ago, n2thelight said:

He cut the time of the tribulation short

Mark 13:20 "And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chose, He hath shortened the days."

The verse clearly states the tribulation was cut short.

But since you all claim this is written to the Jew's why worry anyway,right? Yet the below says

Mark 13:37 "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

Another thing,since Mark 13 gives all of the seals from revelation when in Revelation does Christ return?

Yes, he cut it to SEVEN YEARS in his original plan. Nothing has been changed, read Daniel and tell us anything has been changed. It was 1260 days of Gods Wrath then and is still 1260 days, in the Middle of the Week in Daniel 9:27 tells us its a 7 Year Period. It still is. 

Jesus is only tells you will its 7 years or more to the point 42 Months as per the Beasts RULE...........And NO MORE. Jesus told is why God the Father, God the Holy Spirit and God the Son adjudicated that 42 Months had to be the MAX TIME that the Beast could be allowed to rule. Thus the Second Coming does what brother? IT CUTS THE BEASTS RULE SHORT !! Without that return, the Beast would go on ruling and do what?  DESTROY EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH, no Humans, no Jews, thus there could be NO JUDGMENT, this is how Satan thinks. 

It has nothing to do with cutting Tribulation SHORTER than the ORIGINAL PLAN. God doesn't have to redo His plans !! Its usually just humans who confuse His plans. Jesus cuts the Tribulation/Troubles SHORT by returning and destroying the Beast and his Minions. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Revelation Man said:
13 hours ago, n2thelight said:

 

No it doesn't, Satan has just twisted and confused people as he is want to do. Read my post at the top....."Is the Falling away a false teaching" 

The whole passage is about the Church DEPARTING from the earth to go be with the Lord, and thus we will no face Gods Wrath. Paul is telling the Thessalonians this to assuage their fears, someone has told then they are going to go trough the Day of the Lord or Gods Wrath, and Paul is saying:

 

Apostasia does not mean departure of the church.  It means departure from the faith.  Paul goes on to spell it out afterward.  God is going to send them a delusion since they do not believe the truth.  This is the same as Isaiah 66.  It is all in the same context.

2 Thes 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Isaiah 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offeredswine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations. 4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

Edited by Brother Duke
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brother Duke said:

Apostasia does not mean departure of the church.  It means departure from the faith.  Paul goes on to spell it out afterward.  God is going to send them a delusion since they do not believe the truth.  This is the same as Isaiah 66.  It is all in the same context.

 2 Thes 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Isaiah 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offeredswine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations. 4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

Of course it means the Departure of the church, just like my post at the top describes very clearly.

I suggest you have received strong delusion here, even though God was nit speaking about Christians, but I'll play along anyway. 

The facts are the facts. Word-smithing doesn't change the facts. If it meant a DEPARTURE of the Faith then why is only a GATHERING UNTO Christ Jesus spoken about in the passage, but nothing about the FAITH being Departed is spoken of. 

It clearly means the Church must Depart before the Anti-Christ can come forth, thus they NEED NOT FEAR the Day of the Lord....Hence Don't fear!! Do you think Paul lied unto them? The problem of course is you have it all backwards, so you can't fit the puzzle together.

Edited by Revelation Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

If it meant a DEPARTURE of the Faith then why is only a GATHERING UNTO Christ Jesus spoken about in the passage, but nothing about the FAITH being Departed is spoken of. 

It is a departure from truth.  The faithful that have the Holy Spirit will not depart but those believing the lie will.  Paul talks about it the very next verses.

 

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brother Duke said:

It is a departure from truth.  The faithful that have the Holy Spirit will not depart but those believing the lie will.  Paul talks about it the very next verses.

 

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

NO IT IS NOT...........You just do not understand the passage. Show me ANYWHERE in the whole passage that TRUTH or FAITH is spoken of. Its not there, but we see its speaking of the RAPTURE...........The Gathering unto Christ Jesus. 

Jesus could come back and explain to you guys and like the Pharisees you still wouldn't see it because you don't want to see it.  

Edited by Revelation Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...