• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

56 minutes ago, Acadia said:

“Like Jesus” in what way? Equal to Him, absolutely not.

EXACTLY .     EXACTLY .    EXACTLY .     HOW on earth is the POT equal to the POTTER .    the POTTER MADE the pots .    

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Acadia said:
The Passion Translation, authored by Brian Simmons, has inserted these words into the mouth of Christ:

"For you reach into my heart. With one flash of your eyes I am undone by your love, my beloved, my equal, my bride. You leave me breathless-I am overcome by merely a glance from your worshiping eyes, for you have stolen my heart..." Song of Songs 4:9  (TPT)

Much can of course be said about interpreting Song of Songs/Solomon to be about Christ and the Church, but to even suggest, nevermind blatantly have Jesus call us His "equal", is beyond erroneous, it is heretical and even blasphemous. The worst of it is that, thanks to Brian Simmons and his "Passion Translation", people can now argue that mankind's equality with God is Biblical.

Honestly, I do not know how terrible the deception in the Church has to be before more people are willing to stand up and speak up to warn brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Passion Translation is used and promoted by Bethel Redding, (Bill Johnson) and by Georgian and Winnie Banov, and who knows how many others. It seems to be a favourite "translation" in the loosely organized but very broad and fast growing NAR.

I encourage all Christians to do their research on this.

Here are several screenshots from the Banov's Facebook page, where they repeatedly promote this heretical and blasphemous doctrine of equality with God (among other equally horrendous claims).

Thoughts?

attachFull216189
attachFull216190
attachFull216191
attachFull216192

Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse" (KJV)

"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride" (NIV)

The words 'my equal' in the Passion translation seem to be equivalent to 'my sister'. So nothing is being added here - 'equal' is evidently an interpretation of the word 'sister', in the context of a love song (obviously, the lovers can't literally be brother and sister).

So what is all the fuss about?

Why is it assumed that the Song of Songs is talking primarily about Christ and His Bride? Not everyone believes this, by a long way.

Even if you do interpret it this way, it's no more heretical to say that we are Christ's 'equal' than to say we are His 'sister', surely?

Incidentally, I'm not defending the Passion Translation as a whole. I don't like free paraphrases anyway, and from what I've seen it seems to be a particularly clumsy one. I just don't think this particular accusation stands up.

• Group:  Mars Hill

37 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya they are on a mission from hell to spread their false teachings through their music and I am reminded of the Biblical fact, that Lucifer was created with musical instruments so we can guess who is behind the demonic spell-binding tunes.  I renounce the song "reckless love" when I hear it, &  it ticks me off every time I hear it.  GOD's LOVE is FAR from Reckless!! Little by little they are trying to effect people's Christian doctrinal beliefs & move them AWAY from what the BIBLE TEACHES.  

THEY ALL OUT SELL THIS GARBAGE .     I cant even turn on christain radio stations without hearing songs that are just death .   Reckless love .    What a JOKE .

That song should aggravate anyone WHO truly LOVES the LORD .   reckless love , I can hardly type it .   they all selling this ideal through pc, through churches , through songs,

even the secular realm is selling this ALL about LOVE LOVE LOVE now  .    Its like this spirit is all over the place seducing and taking captive anything and everything

that loves NOT GOD .     serious .  THIS is exactly what I see now .   its like its just taking everything and one more and more captive . 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Equal is not sister. Completely different word.

I know - but it's a paraphrase, remember, not a literal translation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Deborah_ said:

Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse" (KJV)

"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride" (NIV)

The words 'my equal' in the Passion translation seem to be equivalent to 'my sister'. So nothing is being added here - 'equal' is evidently an interpretation of the word 'sister', in the context of a love song (obviously, the lovers can't literally be brother and sister).

So what is all the fuss about?

Why is it assumed that the Song of Songs is talking primarily about Christ and His Bride? Not everyone believes this, by a long way.

Even if you do interpret it this way, it's no more heretical to say that we are Christ's 'equal' than to say we are His 'sister', surely?

Incidentally, I'm not defending the Passion Translation as a whole. I don't like free paraphrases anyway, and from what I've seen it seems to be a particularly clumsy one. I just don't think this particular accusation stands up.

I encourage you to do more research. We are NOT Christ’s “equal”, He would never actually say any such thing. (This is in fact heresy and blasphemy)

”The Passion Translation” puts these words in Christ’s mouth and has taken the “bridal paradigm”way too far.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

Just wait till this RECKLESS love and those who teach concepts with this agenda , starts more and more Saying GOD is loved, ALL WILL Be saved ,  no one has to change religions

LETS just work together for world peace .   CAUSE THIS is precisely what is behind this all inclusive love spell agenda .   

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Just wait till this RECKLESS love and those who teach concepts with this agenda , starts more and more Saying GOD is loved, ALL WILL Be saved ,  no one has to change religions

LETS just work together for world peace .   CAUSE THIS is precisely what is behind this all inclusive love spell agenda .   

It’s already happening, sadly. The Ecumenical Movement. Pope Francis has been making massive efforts to push this along and many Protestant and Evangelical leaders have joined him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Davida said:

You are welcome btw! we must unite in support & speak out against these deceptions for the protection of the flock against the wolves. 

I absolutely agree!

• Praise God! 1

Just now, Davida said:

There are many wolves  and they have different angles and they disguise themselves as sheep as the Bible warns. 

True. One of the things that saddens me the most with this is that I have family caught up in it who are not really concerned. They are missionaries with YWAM. A year or so ago the Cunninghams (founders of YWAM) met with Pope Francis like so many other popular and influential leaders have done.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, Acadia said:
The Passion Translation, authored by Brian Simmons, has inserted these words into the mouth of Christ:

"For you reach into my heart. With one flash of your eyes I am undone by your love, my beloved, my equal, my bride. You leave me breathless-I am overcome by merely a glance from your worshiping eyes, for you have stolen my heart..." Song of Songs 4:9  (TPT)

Much can of course be said about interpreting Song of Songs/Solomon to be about Christ and the Church, but to even suggest, nevermind blatantly have Jesus call us His "equal", is beyond erroneous, it is heretical and even blasphemous. The worst of it is that, thanks to Brian Simmons and his "Passion Translation", people can now argue that mankind's equality with God is Biblical.

Honestly, I do not know how terrible the deception in the Church has to be before more people are willing to stand up and speak up to warn brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Passion Translation is used and promoted by Bethel Redding, (Bill Johnson) and by Georgian and Winnie Banov, and who knows how many others. It seems to be a favourite "translation" in the loosely organized but very broad and fast growing NAR.

I encourage all Christians to do their research on this.

Here are several screenshots from the Banov's Facebook page, where they repeatedly promote this heretical and blasphemous doctrine of equality with God (among other equally horrendous claims).

Thoughts?

attachFull216189
attachFull216190
attachFull216191
attachFull216192

Bible gateway has a copy of his translation of the bible. So I snooped around it for a bit. 

Chapter 4 of song of solomon doesnt resemble his version of the song of songs. 

KJV

4 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

2 Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them.

3 Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.

4 Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men.

5 Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies.

6 Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.

7 Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.

8 Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards.

9 Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, with one chain of thy neck.

10 How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices!

11 Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.

12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

13 Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard,

14 Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:

15 A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

16 Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

The passion translation (differences bolded and red)

Song of Songs 4 The Passion Translation (TPT)

The Bridegroom-King
4 Listen, my dearest darling,
    you are so beautiful—you are beauty itself to me!
    Your eyes glisten with love,
    like gentle doves behind your veil.
    What devotion I see each time I gaze upon you.
    You are like a sacrifice ready to be offered.[a]
2 When I look at you,
    I see how you have taken my fruit and tasted my word.
    Your life has become clean and pure,
    like a lamb washed and newly shorn.
    You now show grace and balance with truth on display.
3 Your lips are as lovely as Rahab’s scarlet ribbon,
    speaking mercy, speaking grace.
    The words of your mouth are as refreshing as an oasis.
    What pleasure you bring to me!
    I see your blushing cheeks
    opened like the halves of a pomegranate,[c]
    showing through your veil of tender meekness.
4 When I look at you,
    I see your inner strength, so stately and strong.
    You are as secure as David’s fortress.
    Your virtues and grace cause a thousand famous soldiers
    to surrender to your beauty.
5 Your pure faith and love rest over your heart
    as you nurture those who are yet infants.

The Shulamite
6 I’ve made up my mind.
    Until the darkness disappears and the dawn has fully come,
    in spite of shadows and fears,
    I will go to the mountaintop with you—
    the mountain of suffering love[d]
    and the hill of burning incense.
    Yes, I will be your bride.[e]

The Bridegroom-King
7 Every part of you is so beautiful, my darling.
    Perfect is your beauty, without flaw within.
8 Now you are ready, my bride,
    to come with me as we climb the highest peaks together.
    Come with me through the archway of trust.[f]
    We will look down[g]
    from the crest of the glistening mounts
    and from the summit of our sublime sanctuary.
    Together we will wage war
    in the lion’s den and the leopard’s lair
    as they watch nightly for their prey.
9 For you reach into my heart.
    With one flash of your eyes I am undone by your love,
    my beloved, my equal, my bride.
    You leave me breathless—
    I am overcome
    by merely a glance from your worshiping eyes,
    for you have stolen my heart.[h]
    I am held hostage by your love
    and by the graces of righteousness shining upon you.
10 How satisfying to me, my equal, my bride.
    Your love is my finest wine—intoxicating and thrilling.
    And your sweet, perfumed praises—so exotic, so pleasing.
11 Your loving words are like the honeycomb to me;
    your tongue releases milk and honey,
    for I find the Promised Land flowing within you.[j]
    The fragrance of your worshiping love
    surrounds you with scented robes of white.[k]
12 My darling bride, my private paradise,
    fastened to my heart.
    A secret spring are you that no one else can have—
    my bubbling fountain hidden from public view.
    What a perfect partner to me now that I have you.
13–14 Your inward life is now sprouting, bringing forth fruit.
    What a beautiful paradise unfolds within you.[l]
    When I’m near you, I smell aromas of the finest spice,
    for many clusters of my exquisite fruit
    now grow within your inner garden.
    Here are the nine:
    pomegranates of passion,[m]
    henna from heaven,[n]
    spikenard so sweet,[o]
    saffron shining,[p]
    fragrant calamus from the cross,[q]
    sacred cinnamon,[r]
    branches of scented woods,
    myrrh, like tears from a tree,[t]
    and aloe as eagles ascending.
15 Your life flows into mine, pure as a garden spring.
    A well of living water springs up from within you,
    like a mountain brook flowing into my heart![v]

The Shulamite Bride
4:16–5:1  Then may your awakening breath
    blow upon my life until I am fully yours.
    Breathe upon me with your Spirit wind.
    Stir up the sweet spice of your life within me.
    Spare nothing as you make me your fruitful garden.
    Hold nothing back until I release your fragrance.
    Come walk with me as you walked
    with Adam in your paradise garden.[w]
    Come taste the fruits of your life in me.

The Bridegroom-King
I have come to you, my darling bride,
    for you are my paradise garden!

The Shulamite Bride
Come walk with me until I am fully yours.
    Come taste the fruits of your life in me.

• Brilliant! 2