• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

12 hours ago, patrick jane said:

4b8bf1066f0a706ec5d76537a3dd8063[1].jpg

He is trying. . . .however he has a major obstacle as I see it and that is to overturn same sex marriage. 

Marriage was an institution  created in Eden. To change its defination is to assure the demise of a nation. 

God cannot bless that which He forbids. 

Wouldn't you agree?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

19 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Syria is a a localized problem in a regional conflict, it doesn't represent the condition of the entire world. As for people trying to enter the US from Mexico, those numbers have been dropping over the past two decades. There are still a lot of problems in Latin America, some worsening, some improving, but once again, this is a regional crisis and doesn't reflect the entire world. There are always going to individual countries or regions that go against the global trend, but even in those places, things will eventually improve. Places that are currently thriving and at peace may also deteriorate at some point in the future, but the overall global trend is what needs to be focused on. 

Even if the entire population of the US became uncivilized, it would only represent around 4% of the world's population. I would guess that those who show ill will to others and have hardened their hearts are a minority, so even with the recent decline of civility in the US, on a global scale it's only a blip. I have traveled quite a bit over the years which has taken me to four continents and everywhere I have been, civility and kindness is the rule. So what ever is happening in the US does not necessarily represent an international trend. 

There are always going to be conflicts in the world and people suffering, and yes, if you ask a person in Raqqa, Syria, or a person in Honduras today if the world is getting better, they will probably say no, but if you asked the same question in somewhere like Zambia or Ghana the answer would probably be yes. In either case, the answer you get will be based on the individual's experience. When looking at things on a global scale however, those in Zambia and Ghana would be more in line with the rest of the world as statistics show. This is also true for us as well. If we only get our news and information from media outlets that only show doom and gloom, then we are going to view the world in a negative way. One could also go in the opposite direction and only get news and information from overly optimistic sources and think the world is nearing a state of Eutopia which would also be incorrect. 

Another thing I find interesting is that people in the United States are less optimistic about the future than the majority of the world. 

hope1.jpg.6abb5f0be4e5985256328fa4141ff47f.jpg

Your points on such things have merit. I am sure that if one would have been alive just before the American civil war that the events leading up to it would have been extreme and hatred would have abounded, resulting in the deaths of over 200,000 Americans. Same could be said for the 1st and 2nd world war and for that matter every major conflict in history. 

However as per my last post, the redefination of marriage as I see it, is a game changer. 

Edited by Blue1Sapphire

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The reason Trump was elected is because we were tired of corruption.

Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, George Papadopoulus, and Michael Flynn have all been indicted for varying degrees of corruption, and that's not even touching the international indictments. Scott Pruitt resigned primarily due to the backlash from mismanagement of funds allocated to his office (I would call that corruption, too). If I bothered to do a search, I could likely come up with other examples, these are just off the top of my head.

Before responding with "but Obama" or "but Hillary", I know full-well that corruption existed in previous administration and would have been rampant in a Hillary administration. My point is that the Trump administration has hardly been free from corruption.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, one.opinion said:

Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, George Papadopoulus, and Michael Flynn have all been indicted for varying degrees of corruption, and that's not even touching the international indictments.

Rick Gates and Paul Manafort's corruption have nothing to do with Trump, but with  Ukraine deals years ago, like back around 2006-2014/15.  They are not part of the Trump administration, so I don't see how you can hold them up as corruption in the Trump administration.   I can show you all kinds of corruption in the Obama administration, with Hillary, Susan Rice, Obama and his lies, Eric Holder, Lorretta Lynch, James Comey, James Clapper, etc.  And then there are scandals like Ben Ghazi, Fast & Furious, the NSA and IRS Scandals, Hillary's unsecured server, and stuff we probably don't even know about yet.

Michael Flynn didn't do anything wrong, it turns out.   He was forced to cop to a lie that he never told.  He has all but been fully exonerated of wrongdoing.

Papadopoulos is nothing and is charged with making false statements to the FBI.  He has not been found to have anything significant and is really not a significant player.  Investigating Papadopoulos is like interviewing a teller in a bank fraud case instead of interviewing the bank manager.  

It should also be noted that an indictment is not a conviction. No one that you mentioned above has been convicted of a crime at this point.

The corruption in Obama administration went from the top down and the more we investigate the more we find out that it was the Obama administration was rotten to the core.  The investigation into Trump has really ended up exposing Obama, Hillary, and others in that administration and has produced zero evidence of anything on the Trump or the administration.   

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Rick Gates and Paul Manafort's corruption have nothing to do with Trump

I did not say that Trump was directly involved. But Paul Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman for several months. Rick Gates was a "deputy" for Paul Manafort and has pleaded guilty to corruption.

This was my last sentence that you may have glossed over.

19 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Before responding with "but Obama" or "but Hillary", I know full-well that corruption existed in previous administration and would have been rampant in a Hillary administration. My point is that the Trump administration has hardly been free from corruption.

Guest shiloh357
37 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Another thing I find interesting is that people in the United States are less optimistic about the future than the majority of the world. 

Many Christians in the US see the direction the world is headed headlong into sin.  We see things happening and how the world is changing for the worse.   And we see this as a fulfillment of biblical prophecy.  

It isn't that there are not "good" things happening, but they pale in comparison to the agenda that is afoot in the world to bring about one-world government, to embrace secularism and post-modern thinking that rejects absolute truth and absolute morality.   We are living in a world that defines good and evil by what makes us feel good.   We live in world where people increasingly use science to override sound theology and to hijack biblical interpretation. 

More and more, thanks to the secularism and postmodernism, the Bible is viewed a irrelevant and outdated and its values are being replaced with rejection of sin, and embracing a more atheistic worldview. 

You have to go to the secular world that doesn't understand sin and doesn't really see the danger that it is in to view the world has getting better. You have to look at the world through carnal eyes to see it has getting better.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I did not say that Trump was directly involved. But Paul Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman for several months. Rick Gates was a "deputy" for Paul Manafort and has pleaded guilty to corruption.

But his corruption has NOTHING to do with any time that he was with Trump.  The same with Gates.  

My point is that the Trump administration has hardly been free from corruption. 

And yet you can't really cough up examples.   You have to bring up people who were not even in the administration and then pretend that they count.  That's pretty weak.  Sorry, but you're batting zero.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But his corruption has NOTHING to do with any time that he was with Trump.  The same with Gates

They were involved with his campaign, which is under scrutiny right now. No, they were not part of his administration, when a campaign has corrupt individuals running it, it is hard to take the high road.

What is your response to the Scott Pruitt situation?

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

They were involved with his campaign, which is under scrutiny right now.

But the charges against them stem from actions that occurred BEFORE they were ever  a part of the campaign.  The campaign is under scrutiny because they are trying to find a crime and they can't find one.   It's really just a case of, "here is a crime, now go make Trump guilty of it."  They have been at this over a year and have not one scintilla of evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of the campaign.

No, they were not part of his administration...

but you were holding them up as examples to counter my claim that there is no corruption in the Trump Administration.

What is your response to the Scott Pruitt situation?

What about it?   He resigned and it's over.   Every administration has bad apples.  That's nothing big.   What we don't see the kind of systemic corruption that plagued the Obama administration that started with Obama himself.   Trump is not corrupt, even if some of his picks turn out to be bad.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,477
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Your points on such things have merit. I am sure that if one would have been alive just before the American civil war that the events leading up to it would have been extreme and hatred would have abounded, resulting in the deaths of over 200,000 Americans. Same could be said for the 1st and 2nd world war and for that matter every major conflict in history. 

However as per my last post, the redefination of marriage as I see it, is a game changer. 

Let's not forget the legalization, government support and funding for an act so heinous and heartless it turns my stomach. Just the name makes me cringe... 

• Thumbs Up 1