• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

When I look at news, I go to multiple sources for the same story.

Yes, agreed. If there is a story of particular interest that I want to read more about, that is what I do.

6 hours ago, Davida said:

but I sensed he wanted specific sites  only for the purpose of criticizing them.

Instead of assigning false motives, you could give it a try.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, Please let me join in from the peanut gallery with a little  personal story,  and opinion. Okay? Thanks it is short; I have an elderly conservative born again saint in Christ Jesus uncle, that would always have FOX cable news on, always. He would get worked up about this that and another thing and just watch the  "news" or story line of the day  repeat itself hour after hour  - until he would start having heart pain and have to take his nitro pills. The news was literally killing him, or his emotion over it was. His caregivers have now limited his tv to the  "Christian " channel he likes and  the  channel that runs all those old old early tv programs. And he is back to reading his Bible a lot more and memorizing entire chapters at a time. He is very good at that still!

It isn't just FOX or CNN or MSNBC or Bloomberg,  that slants and has a theme of the day, it is all of them. For there is only about four to five minutes worth of real news in the day anyway. Four or five minutes of fact to report, after that well it is opinion and a lot of hand puppet and shadow on the wall playing between attempts to sell dish soap, cars, and personal hygiene products.

Hour upon hour gets wasted watching and listening to what  is forgotten two days later; it is a total waste except that one now has a few more things they bought that they don't really have need of, but decided to try anyway - those ads, they do work. The news? Not so much. There really just isn't any there there, or as it is popular to say today,- it is a nothing burger! Turn the tv off or turn into Landscapes Music and mellow out.  Enjoy the word, do the word, share the word of God. Forget the tv blatherings from people that do not know the word of God. Enjoy the day  every day, God has granted this day, enjoy it.

Do not lose the day to discussing and arguing and getting somewhat upset over which soap seller is lefty  or righty, they are soap sellers they sell soap. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Rubio, Kasich, Cruz and Bush hated Trumps guts and probably voted democrat . I'm not Democrat or Republican but am conservative .. Todays mainline Democrats and Rinos for that matter may as well be atheist communists imo .. Trump keeps winning and those who oppose him continue to suffer loss .. Reminds me of Pharaoh vs God and Moses and Pharaoh keeps hardening his heart until God stepped in and hardened it for him .. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

President Trump is a very smart man and he used the right-wing media to help get elected.

No, he used the mainstream liberal media to help him get elected and he used them quite well.   CNN, NPR, MSNBC, NBC and rest of the alphabet soup of liberal anti-America news outlets were talking about nothing and no one other than Donald Trump.  He was the guy they spent all of their time trying to discredit.   Trump used them to his advantage more than any of the other candidates.

He knew where many on the right got their news and information from and despite these sources often reporting misleading or false information, Trump used their spectacular claims and headlines in his speeches on the campaign trail to gather support. He would often quote things that were found on these sites almost word for word.

The mainstream media made a lot of false claims about Trump that people like you don't challenge. 

• They claimed that Trump was a bigot;
  • They claimed that he hated black people
  • They claimed he is a misogynist
  • They claimed he is an anti-Semite
  • They helped to trot out a number of women about three weeks who claimed that Trump molested or sexually assaulted them.   One after one, the claims were debunked and eventually withdrawn once Trump threatened a lawsuit.

The mainstream media continues to put out false stories of obstruction of justice, Russia collusion. They accuse Trump of saying that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.  They lied about Trump, trying to connect him to the KKK and trying to cover up his denunciation of the KKK.   The MSM tried to push the narrative that the president called immigrants "animals"  when he was actually talking about the MS-13 gang. But then you don't seem to have a problem with those lies.I could go on, but the lies of the mainstream media are legion and people like you have no problem with it.  

The mainstream media also promotes the lying Arab/Palestinian narrative about Israel and, for years, has promoted talking points that attempt to discredit the legitimacy of Israel's existence as a nation.  They distort and omit information to produce a lop-sided view of the middle east conflict that is decidedly meant to promote a dishonest slant and bolster the Islamic lie that the Jews have no historical connection to the Land.   You don't seem to have a problem with any of those lies.  So spare us the selective moral outrage. 

The sites below should be avoided by believers as they are known for being unreliable, sharing misinformation and false stories. They may support our position on many issues, but because of their dishonest reporting, they have no place in a Christians life. 

Front Page Mag, Daily Caller, Jihad Watch, Truth Feed, Gatestone Institute, Conservative review, Shoebat, and Religion of Peace

Those sites are actually quite accurate despite what liberal fact checkers claim.  The real beef that Liberals have with those sites is that they are pro-Israel, they speak the truth about the evils of Islam and they are pro-America/pro-freedom/pro-religious freedom.  Some of their staff members and editors are Jews who promote the legitimacy of Israel and speak against the liberal, progressive ideals that accompany anti-Semitism/anti-Zionism.  And they stand up for conservative, Evangelical Christianity. They don't promote the anti-America, anti-Christian, anti-Jew propaganda that is at the heart of liberalism.   Farm from avoiding those sites, Christians should use them.    That doesn't mean they don't make mistakes or that they should be believed uncritically, but they are not putting out the kind of poison and bare-faced lies you get from anti-Zionists/pro-LGBT/anti-America media sources that populate much if not all of the mainstream media.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

you completely proved my sense about where this was going

This is incorrect. I would very much like to see what you feel are good news sources. I would like to check them out for myself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

This is incorrect. I would very much like to see what you feel are good news sources. I would like to check them out for myself.

Ha, Just watch CNN and believe the opposite of what they say or imply, I thought Wolf Blitzer was going to cry trying to get Rand Paul to be quiet :(

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

I will tell you it was a process over time, but roughly +15yrs or so ,I began to see/hear false claims within the news broadcasts, what I thought was "news reporting" was not reporting only the facts and letting the viewer decide, it was and example of the gossip rag, inquirer type journalism and spin.  

Amen.

Ya know I first noticed it,  back in seventh grade public school about 1957 with the "Weekly Reader".  We were forced to read it each week and take a test on what we read. I almost never agreed with any of the choices of answers, and would editorialize and get myself into trouble with the authority standing at the front  of the room.

The Russians are coming! But after they nuke us? Really, why come and be lit up too?

Kruschev threw a shoe! Really? Wow, now what he is going to walk funny stepping off from the podium isn't he?

Duck and cover? Yeah sure that is going to work.

All the themes of the 1950's changed in the 1960s and the 1970s, 1980s, and so on. If there is a completed 2020s  to then ponder over, I wonder what looking back by those still around will seem like? Bet it will seem a bit silly with the Tweets and Facebook,  how silly were the concerns and the means of sharing them. Not much like President Lincoln's then short Gettysburg speech- "The world will little note nor long remember".... which endures to this day.

Praise God for His patience to date, may we not continue to try it so.

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

In other words, you choose to overlook their dishonesty and deceit because they support your point of view and they reinforce it by telling you what you want to hear. 

I am not overlooking any dishonesty or deceit; I don't think they are as deceitful as you claim.  I don't accept any source uncritically, as I a have stated before. There claims made in conservative sources that I don agree with or don't accept, as I think they do get their facts wrong sometimes .   I draw a line between being deceitful and being incorrect.  You overlook the lies of the MSM when it comes to Trump, which I noted above.   You don't seem to have a problem with lies if they fit the narrative you prefer.

But I also don't overlook the Islamic lies and deceit of anti-Zionists who lie on a regular basis.  You overlook an entire body of lies when it comes to Israel, so you really have no moral standing to accuse anyone else of such a thing.