• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

23 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Kwik,

Yes, I still fellowship with saints in homes. I also drop in on pew-sitting congregations from time to time, and take in the sermons. 

I like some of the regular preachers we get on Christian radio here, which I listen to whilst attending to various tasks.

I have noticed legalism in the home fellowships, and the preparation for gatherings does involve repetition of tasks. Meetings do tend to follow a routine of meet and greet, take a seat, listen and speak, pray and eat.

Works for some, not so much for others.

Brother,I have never doubted what you do DO,I could not possibly be convinced of you not doing what the Word of God Instructs us to do......lol,not from reading this one thread! Ive talked with you for many years,read your posts and joined in many Discussions with you-I know where(or rather WHO) your heart is-yes,indeed -works for some,not so much for others.......and our Lord & Savior has Shown us His Own many different Ways of reaching many different people.....in the synogogues,in the homes,at the tax collectors for dinner,in the Upper Room,,,,HE WENT EVERYWHERE-Our Redeemer Lives,Christ is being Preached!!!! Halleluyah! 2 or more,anywhere,anytime!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

26 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

How much participation is encouraged from everyone?  And is it primarily one speaker or do others get the benefit of preparing the (spiritual) meals? 

Ah, all are encouraged to speak. Some are inclined to be dominant, but when this is bought to their attention, it abates. 

I have long ministered through my contracting company by being ready with Scripture based fellowship, in season and out, popular or not. Lunch time with my current worker who is a 34 year old former pastor's son who made bad decisions and spent time in prison for them, is good for discipleship.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

50 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Brother,I have never doubted what you do DO,I could not possibly be convinced of you not doing what the Word of God Instructs us to do......lol,not from reading this one thread! Ive talked with you for many years,read your posts and joined in many Discussions with you-I know where(or rather WHO) your heart is-yes,indeed -works for some,not so much for others.......and our Lord & Savior has Shown us His Own many different Ways of reaching many different people.....in the synogogues,in the homes,at the tax collectors for dinner,in the Upper Room,,,,HE WENT EVERYWHERE-Our Redeemer Lives,Christ is being Preached!!!! Halleluyah! 2 or more,anywhere,anytime!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

That's what it's all about, dear sister. I try to be careful not to find myself opposing something, for in our opposition we can find ourselves astray. I can't assert that every church I visited wasn't for me (that's not true), or that the home fellowship I was sent to for a time was the cat's meow. 

The truth of the matter is, I very much wanted to remain with a simple gathering of saints that met in a large, rented shack (that's what it looked like from the exterior) off the side of a back road in South Carolina. The preacher and most of the assembly worked at a local lumber mill; everyone (including the preacher) pooled their resources together to assist widows and the poor. Every gathering started with reports detailing how those resources were used and spent; anyone in need or, if they knew someone in need, were exhorted to speak up and let that need be known to all. The preacher wasn't paid a salary... why, when he already had a paying job?

Help with bills? Rent trouble? Need food? Clothing? Sick or disabled? Lonely? There was no shame in asking for help. When I passed through their door the first time, I was set upon by throng of joyful saints. I was blessed mightily that day for the love of the Lord was alive in these precious brethren. 

I knew that I couldn't stay, and so did a circle of brothers and sisters in that assembly. They knew that the Lord was sending me on down the road, so they laid hands upon me and prayed. That's the church I would've remained with to this day, but the Lord had other plans. 

We know what happened to that home fellowship after the Lord sent onward. It collapsed. It's all about what the Lord sets in front of us to do. :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I think the paradigm that one man stand up for 40 minutes a week and delivers a sermons can  be rightly questioned. I think scripture says anyone who would like to share a doctrine or teaching one needs to allow their gifting to come forth. 

Instead of one sermon or encouragement with the word why not have 5 people each share about 10 minutes. ....just something that is encouraging and edifying. When it comes to music if one said they're talented in that area....churches generally try to give them opportunity. They can feel they're fulfilling their destiny. Some people truly don't get the feeling they can do that though, as week after week one person or two, Pastor or Assistant Pastor do all the exhortation. 

Of course no one should be longing to be seen  to vaunt self BUT....people do have genuine giftinga where room should be made for them to use them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

10 minutes ago, Rockson said:

I think the paradigm that one man stand up for 40 minutes a week and delivers a sermons can  be rightly questioned. I think scripture says anyone who would like to share a doctrine or teaching one needs to allow their gifting to come forth. 

Instead of one sermon or encouragement with the word why not have 5 people each share about 10 minutes. ....just something that is encouraging and edifying. When it comes to music if one said they're talented in that area....churches generally try to give them opportunity. They can feel they're fulfilling their destiny. Some people truly don't get the feeling they can do that though, as week after week one person or two, Pastor or Assistant Pastor do all the exhortation. 

Of course no one should be longing to be seen  to vaunt self BUT....people do have genuine gifting where room should be made for them to use them. 

Amen & AMEN!  I'm with you on all this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know of a group of believers doing things much like this.  They meet in smaller groups throughout the week, but come together on Sunday. Different ones will call a song they would like to sing, and the assembly sings it.  And in between the songs various ones might stand up to share something the Lord's done with them recently and testify of His love, or perhaps ask for prayer. Then there's usually a message given, that a brother (one of a number of brothers who rotate the speaking) has labored in the word regarding.  Afterward various ones will stand up to share what they were impressed or touched with, and/or perhaps call another song to sing.

This type of gathering seems quite good to me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Amen & AMEN!  I'm with you on all this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know of a group of believers doing things much like this.  They meet in smaller groups throughout the week, but come together on Sunday. Different ones will call a song they would like to sing, and the assembly sings it.  And in between the songs various ones might stand up to share something the Lord's done with them recently and testify of His love, or perhaps ask for prayer. Then there's usually a message given, that a brother (one of a number of brothers who rotate the speaking) has labored in the word regarding.  Afterward various ones will stand up to share what they were impressed or touched with, and/or perhaps call another song to sing.

This type of gathering seems quite good to me.

I agree. What happens the very thing leaders of churches think they want people feeling fulfilled and meeting their destinies....their ways of doing things are counter productive in achieving it. If a river isn't allowed to flow it get's stagnate. No life. No purpose. If one is allowed to build up another they themselves get refreshed in giving we receive. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1