My fellowship preference is for mutually comforting faith among those who have "a yearning to fellowship with those of like faith, in order to liberally share something given freely by the Holy Spirit to reinforce them."
(11) For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
(12) That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
This preference for mutually comforting faith is both a deal maker and a deal breaker when it comes to my fellowshipping decisions. For something to be mutual there must be some reciprocity, or beneficial exchange between those concerned. If there is no comforting cooperation and participation from those I am assembling with for edification I soon part company with them, as Paul did with those who refuted his preaching in the synagogue at Corinth.
(4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
(5) And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
(6) And when they opposed him, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
(7) And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
Rather than forsake assembling anywhere with anyone because of a Scripture-based fellowship preference mature Christians prayerfully seek out like-minded companions who encourage one another and form supportive relationships.
(23) Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
(24) And let us consider one another for the stirring up of love and of good works,
(25) not forsaking the assembling of ourselves, just as is the custom for some, but exhorting one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
I hope your fellowship preference is among those who share mutually comforting faith in Christ.
Looking forward to koinonia on Sunday. Be travelling away this week.
No-one will be doing a sermon.
We don't do sermons at our ekklesia (assembly).
We do paraklēsis (exhortation).
We do oikodomē (edification).
We do diakonia (ministry).
But we don't do sermons.
How do you like them apples?
Blessings Worthy Family
It is SOOOO great to be here,I love you ,my Worthy Family, very much,,,,,,,,recently I was gone almost 2 months for personal reasons and I didn't talk much about it because it is not anything special to talk about,all good though,,,,,,,But coming back here & getting back in the swing of things is much to talk about & give Glory to God!!!
God Bless this Ministry,God is HERE in the midst of us ,,,,,in His Blessed Place Worthy Christian Forums! Halleluyah! I cannot express to all of you how my spirit is Filled with such JOY being with you ,,,,,, There was a big empty in my heart & soul as I was not here and honestly,it was not so easy to get back into the rhythm & rhyme........it is coming back slowly but surely,Praise Jesus!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank our Lord for this Place,to ask you to join me in asking God to continue to Bless this Ministry & to Bless us all with His Wisdom & Understanding AND the discernment of when to speak & when to be silent,,,,,,,,
Let us embrace one another,uplift,encourage,extol,edify & spread the Gospel ,,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus! With love-in Christ,Kwik