• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

18 hours ago, angels4u said:

These videos are all about heaven, I listened to them and love to share with all of you and hope you enjoy them as much as I did and maybe we can have a discussion about heaven ?

https://www.backtothebible.ca/messages/how-to-be-sure-youre-going-to-heaven/

Heaven Series – How To Be Sure You are Going to Heaven: Psalm 90:9-17

Dr. John Neufeld provides a firm biblical foundation for how Christians should rightly understand the subject of Heaven.

Thank you angels4u. I listened to the videos and realized that had not known some essential things before.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Heaven Is Not the Default Destination

A recent poll indicated that for every American who believes he or she is going to hell, there are 120 who believe they’re going to heaven.

This optimism stands in stark contrast to Jesus Christ’s words written in the Bible: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matt. 7:13–14).

The truth is that according to the Bible we don’t automatically go to heaven. In fact, hell—not heaven—is our default destination. Unless our sin problem is solved once and for all, we can’t enter heaven. That’s the bad news.

But once that’s straight in our minds we’re ready to hear the good news of Jesus Christ. Jesus took upon himself, on the cross, the hell we deserve so that we could experience for eternity the heaven we don’t deserve!

The Only Two Options

There are two possible destinations when we die: heaven or hell. Can we really know in advance where we’ll go? John, one of the writers of the Bible, said this: “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13).

We can know for sure that we’ll go to heaven when we die. Do you?

To sin means to fall short of God’s holy standards. Sin is what ended paradise in the Garden of Eden. And all of us, like Adam and Eve, are sinners. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23). Sin separates us from a relationship with God (Isaiah 59:2) and it deceives us and makes us think that wrong is right and right is wrong (Prov. 14:12). Sin has terrible consequences, but God has provided a solution: “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 6:23).

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, loved us so much that he left the riches of heaven to become a man and deliver us from our sin.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, loved us so much that he left the riches of heaven to become a man and deliver us from our sin. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). He came to identify with us in our humanity and our weakness, but he did so without being tainted by our sin, self-deception, and moral failings (Heb. 4:15–16). Jesus died on the cross as the only one worthy to pay the penalty for our sins demanded by the holiness of God: “For our sake he [God] made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Cor. 5:21). But in victory over death, God raised Jesus from the grave, defeating the consequences of sin (1 Cor. 15:3–4, 54–57).

When Christ died on the cross for us, he said, “It is finished” (John 19:30). In those times “It is finished” was commonly written across certificates of debt when they were canceled. It meant “Paid in full.” Christ died so that the certificate of debt consisting of all our sins could once and for all be marked “Paid in full.”

The Critical Decision

Only when our sins are dealt with in Christ can we enter heaven.

We cannot pay our own way. Jesus said, “No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). “There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Because of Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross on our behalf, God freely offers us forgiveness.

To be forgiven, we must recognize and repent of our sins. Forgiveness is not automatic. It’s conditioned upon confession: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Christ offers to everyone the gifts of forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life. “Let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price” (Rev. 22:17).

There’s no righteous deed we can do that will earn us a place in heaven (Titus 3:5). We come to Christ empty-handed. We can take no credit for salvation. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Eph. 2:8–9). This gift cannot be worked for, earned, or achieved. It’s dependent solely on Christ’s generous sacrifice on our behalf.https://www.crossway.org/articles/how-can-we-know-well-go-to-heaven/ Randy Acorn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Mr. Acorns plan of salvation is common.It is also Unbiblical.I will make Randy a millionaire if he or anybody else can show me a verse in the KJV that says we must “ repent of our sins” to be saved.That’s a good thing seeing as to how nobody can do it.We are full of sins we don’t even know about. Break one commandment , you are guilty of breaking them all.Secret, shameful thoughts.Boredom. Anxiety.Sins of omission? Let’s not even go there unless you invite strangers into your home to live with you if they are homeless.Why can’t people see the hopelessness and the futility of trying to stop sinning in order to be saved .We MUST repent. No doubt about it. “ Repentence toward God with faith in Jesus” is not a platitude.The repentance God demands for Salvation means to “ change your mind”....... the change that takes you from the self righteousness of thinking “ I may not be perfect, but I’m doing the best I can, I’m good enough for God to accept me”to the  the truth of your hopelessness and wretchedness that leads you to cry out “God have mercy on me a sinner!” THAT is true repentance. I know it.I lived it.

How about us trying something to gain Salvation using a formula that is GUARANTEED to work? The best part is that all we have to do is believe it.A promise  from Christ Himself, revealed to us by Paul.1cor15:1-4. Repentance is built- in.....” Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead on the third day.” Its Biblical.it works.Why go with a formula that means well but is not even in the Bible?

• Group:  Advanced Member

On 8/22/2018 at 9:46 PM, angels4u said:

Heaven Is Not the Default Destination

A recent poll indicated that for every American who believes he or she is going to hell, there are 120 who believe they’re going to heaven.

This optimism stands in stark contrast to Jesus Christ’s words written in the Bible: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matt. 7:13–14).

The truth is that according to the Bible we don’t automatically go to heaven. In fact, hell—not heaven—is our default destination. Unless our sin problem is solved once and for all, we can’t enter heaven. That’s the bad news.

But once that’s straight in our minds we’re ready to hear the good news of Jesus Christ. Jesus took upon himself, on the cross, the hell we deserve so that we could experience for eternity the heaven we don’t deserve!

The Only Two Options

There are two possible destinations when we die: heaven or hell. Can we really know in advance where we’ll go? John, one of the writers of the Bible, said this: “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13).

We can know for sure that we’ll go to heaven when we die. Do you?

To sin means to fall short of God’s holy standards. Sin is what ended paradise in the Garden of Eden. And all of us, like Adam and Eve, are sinners. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23). Sin separates us from a relationship with God (Isaiah 59:2) and it deceives us and makes us think that wrong is right and right is wrong (Prov. 14:12). Sin has terrible consequences, but God has provided a solution: “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 6:23).

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, loved us so much that he left the riches of heaven to become a man and deliver us from our sin.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, loved us so much that he left the riches of heaven to become a man and deliver us from our sin. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). He came to identify with us in our humanity and our weakness, but he did so without being tainted by our sin, self-deception, and moral failings (Heb. 4:15–16). Jesus died on the cross as the only one worthy to pay the penalty for our sins demanded by the holiness of God: “For our sake he [God] made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Cor. 5:21). But in victory over death, God raised Jesus from the grave, defeating the consequences of sin (1 Cor. 15:3–4, 54–57).

When Christ died on the cross for us, he said, “It is finished” (John 19:30). In those times “It is finished” was commonly written across certificates of debt when they were canceled. It meant “Paid in full.” Christ died so that the certificate of debt consisting of all our sins could once and for all be marked “Paid in full.”

The Critical Decision

Only when our sins are dealt with in Christ can we enter heaven.

We cannot pay our own way. Jesus said, “No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). “There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Because of Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross on our behalf, God freely offers us forgiveness.

To be forgiven, we must recognize and repent of our sins. Forgiveness is not automatic. It’s conditioned upon confession: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Christ offers to everyone the gifts of forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life. “Let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price” (Rev. 22:17).

There’s no righteous deed we can do that will earn us a place in heaven (Titus 3:5). We come to Christ empty-handed. We can take no credit for salvation. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Eph. 2:8–9). This gift cannot be worked for, earned, or achieved. It’s dependent solely on Christ’s generous sacrifice on our behalf.https://www.crossway.org/articles/how-can-we-know-well-go-to-heaven/ Randy Acorn.

I think it is also important after repentance not to repeat the same sin. As the word is AND SIN NO MORE. In any case I think it is not what some think: sin -repentance, the same sin - repentance and so on and so on indefinitely especially if it is a so called deadly sin. Do you agree?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, vlad said:

I think it is also important after repentance not to repeat the same sin. As the word is AND SIN NO MORE. In any case I think it is not what some think: sin -repentance, the same sin - repentance and so on and so on indefinitely especially if it is a so called deadly sin. Do you agree?

I very much agree with not to repeat sins, but sometimes we do as it can be difficult to give up addictions, I remember after I became saved  that smoking was sin (at least for me, because my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit ) I prayed to God to forgive me for smoking and I still couldn't give it up for a long time,the Lord was good and did set me free from smoking in His time,without God we can't really do anything good as on our own. So ,I agree ,we shouldn't repeat sins but since we're still in our earthly body (which came from dust and will return to dust) we do still sin. As a Christian we have a heavenly Father who forgives us over and over from our sins if we ask Him to forgive us. 

"What are the seven deadly sins?"

Answer: According to Catholic theology, the seven deadly sins are seven vices or negative character qualities that, left unchecked, will result in a host of other sins and eventually kill a person’s soul. The seven “deadly” sins are pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, and sloth. The list was first delineated by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century. Thomas Aquinas later expounded on the idea. In the fourteenth century, Dante wrote his epic poem Inferno in which he pictured Purgatory as having seven terraces corresponding to the seven deadly sins.

The seven deadly sins are also called the seven capital sins or the seven cardinal sins—cardinal in this context meaning, “of basic importance” or “extremely grave.” The seven deadly sins are considered to be the most basic sins that plague humanity and the sins that are most likely to beset us. Each of the seven deadly sins leads to other sins; for example, anger can lead to evil speaking, violence, or murder.

Here is a brief description of each of the seven deadly sins:

Pride — An inflated, unrealistic sense of your self-worth.

Envy — The feeling that you deserve the possessions, success, virtues, or talents of another person.

Gluttony — An excessive desire for the pleasure of eating and drinking.

Lust — A selfish focus on sex or a desire to have sexual pleasure with someone other than your spouse.

Anger — An excessive, improper desire to exact revenge.

Greed — A strong desire for possessions, especially for possessions belonging to another.

Sloth — Lack of effort in the face of a necessary task, causing it to go undone (or done badly).

A common misconception about the seven deadly sins is that they are sins that God will not forgive. The Roman Catholic Church does not teach the sins to be unforgiveable; in Catholic doctrine, the seven deadly sins can lead to mortal sins, which will send a person to hell immediately upon death, unless such sins are repented of before death. Catholicism also teaches that the seven deadly sins can be overcome with the seven virtues (humility, gratitude, charity, temperance, chastity, patience, and diligence).

Is the idea of seven deadly sins biblical? Yes and no. Proverbs 6:16–19 lists seven things that are detestable to God: 1) haughty eyes, 2) a lying tongue, 3) hands that shed innocent blood, 4) a heart that plots evil, 5) feet that are quick to rush to do wrong, 6) a false witness, and 7) a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. Of course, this list is not what most people understand as the “seven deadly sins.”

Yes, pride, envy, etc., are sins that the Bible condemns; however, they are never called “the seven deadly sins” in the Bible. The traditional list of seven deadly sins can function as a way to categorize the many different sins that exist. Nearly every sin could be placed in one of those seven categories.

In the final analysis, no sin is any more “deadly” than any other sin. All sin results in death (Romans 6:23). Even one sin condemns a person as a lawbreaker (James 2:10). Praise be to God that Jesus Christ took the penalty for all of our sins, including the “seven deadly sins.” By the grace of God, through faith in Christ, we can be forgiven (Matthew 26:28; Acts 10:43; Ephesians 1:7).igotquestions

In the final analysis, no sin is any more “deadly” than any other sin. All sin results in death (Romans 6:23). Even one sin condemns a person as a lawbreaker (James 2:10). Praise be to God that Jesus Christ took the penalty for all of our sins, including the “seven deadly sins.” By the grace of God, through faith in Christ, we can be forgiven (Matthew 26:28; Acts 10:43; Ephesians 1:7)

I believe all sins are deadly but no sin is deadly if we are Gods child and born again ,Jesus will forgive us our sin if we ask Him to forgive us for our wrongdoings.

As a child from God I try not to sin but we all do still sin . We have the Holy Spirit living in us who will convict us of our sins and if we're truly a child of God we will listen to His voice .

“I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate .… I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do” (Rom 7:14–15, 19).

Walking in the Light
…7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we saywe have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truthis not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.…1 John 1:8

Do you think that any of us can say that they're without sin if the Bible tells us that we all still do sin until we're perfected when our worldly body is gone and we're with the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  06/24/1994

56 minutes ago, angels4u said:

As a child from God I try not to sin but we all do still sin

What is born of God can't sin .

1 John 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Edited by Soul Reaper

• Group:  Advanced Member

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

I very much agree with not to repeat sins, but sometimes we do as it can be difficult to give up addictions, I remember after I became saved  that smoking was sin (at least for me, because my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit ) I prayed to God to forgive me for smoking and I still couldn't give it up for a long time,the Lord was good and did set me free from smoking in His time,without God we can't really do anything good as on our own. So ,I agree ,we shouldn't repeat sins but since we're still in our earthly body (which came from dust and will return to dust) we do still sin. As a Christian we have a heavenly Father who forgives us over and over from our sins if we ask Him to forgive us. 

I believe all sins are deadly but no sin is deadly if we are Gods child and born again ,Jesus will forgive us our sin if we ask Him to forgive us for our wrongdoings.

As a child from God I try not to sin but we all do still sin . We have the Holy Spirit living in us who will convict us of our sins and if we're truly a child of God we will listen to His voice .

“I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate .… I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do” (Rom 7:14–15, 19).

Walking in the Light
…7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we saywe have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truthis not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.…1 John 1:8

Do you think that any of us can say that they're without sin if the Bible tells us that we all still do sin until we're perfected when our worldly body is gone and we're with the Lord.

I think sins are different.. Murder for instance. So being forgiven over and over again for the same kind of sin  is questionable. All people have wishful thinking to a different extant. Then I remember that Jesus said about sinning no more to a prostitute. I understand it was a condition. He would not say that just as parting words. His words were full of meaning. That is why I think some sins after repentance should never ever be repeated.

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

The sense of the passage is stated well with the ESV...

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. (1Jn 3:9)

It fits well with...

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1Jn 1:8)

It's not well stated it's deluded , if you go to strongs back to greek it means not even once . Do you really think that there will be sin in heaven ? Do you think God himself is not practicing sin or he can't sin once ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Soul Reaper said:

It's not well stated it's deluded , if you go to strongs back to greek it means not even once . Do you really think that there will be sin in heaven ? Do you think God himself is not practicing sin or he can't sin once ?

Can you link me to the site where you say Strong's Concordance says that the Koine Greek says that this means "not even once"?  I've been looking at that entire verse on the Strong's site and cannot find it.

If it is impossible for us to sin - "not even once" - after we are saved then why do Christians get warning after warning to watch out for sin?

• Ephesians 6:11 - "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
  • 1 Peter 5:8 - "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
  • Romans 12:2 - "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

These things take practice, discipline, patience, and a dependence on God.

And just a question.  I'm not being ugly, just a sincere question.  If you don't sin, what do you call the flaws that you have.  We all have them.

56 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Can you link me to the site where you say Strong's Concordance says that the Koine Greek says that this means "not even once"?  I've been looking at that entire verse on the Strong's site and cannot find it.

If it is impossible for us to sin - "not even once" - after we are saved then why do Christians get warning after warning to watch out for sin?

• Ephesians 6:11 - "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
  • 1 Peter 5:8 - "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
  • Romans 12:2 - "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

These things take practice, discipline, patience, and a dependence on God.

And just a question.  I'm not being ugly, just a sincere question.  If you don't sin, what do you call the flaws that you have.  We all have them.

No , bible teaches two man nature , the (Old man /flesh / reprobate mind ) and (the new man / Spirit / holy ).

One must die the other can't die , they fight against each other flesh lusts after  Spirit and Spirit after flesh .