• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

Halloween here in the Philippines is celebrated nothing at all like in the west. Here it's a three day event beginning on the 31st and involves cemeteries, graves, and prayers for the dead. Everything pretty much starts shutting down on the evening of the 31st, and everyone starts heading to the cemeteries for a big family reunion which includes all the dead relatives. Needless to say, I do not participate in these activities.   

The same takes place in the small Caribbean island that I grew up in.  Yes, getting the graves all cleaned up and a spectacular lighting up of the cemeteries where families gather to say prayers I guess and do whatever they do.  It's all pagan and to have nothing to do with those celebrations or events. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

3 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

The same takes place in the small Caribbean island that I grew up in.  Yes, getting the graves all cleaned up and a spectacular lighting up of the cemeteries where families gather to say prayers I guess and do whatever they do.  It's all pagan and to have nothing to do with those celebrations or events. 

Prayer for the dead is vain, repent now lest you die in your sins and end up in the eternal lake of fire.

• This is Worthy 1

25 minutes ago, other one said:

the rest of the story.

1 Cor 10:19-21
What do I mean then? That a thing sacrificed to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons.  NASB  I personally do not eat fool sacrificed to idols....   I don't even buy halal food for it has been dedicated to Allah which in my personal view may well be satan himself.

But I really don't think little kids trick or treating ties them to the demonic world.      And for a lot of low income families it's the only time they get treats like this.

Humans are born in sin, the Predestined ones will become Christians, the rest are children of darkness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

18 minutes ago, Robert William said:

other one, nobody ever argued with God and won. :)

Not so....   Moses did and God changed his mind about killing all the Israelites.

1 minute ago, other one said:

Not so....   Moses did and God changed his mind about killing all the Israelites.

It looks like YHWH changed His mind, but it was all in His Sovereign plan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Robert William said:

other one, nobody ever argued with God and won. :)

Oh my. But you are not God. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Robert William said:

It looks like YHWH changed His mind, but it was all in His Sovereign plan.

don't mistake his ability to see what we are going to do in the future as his plan.....     just because he knows what a person is going to do next year it is not necessarily something he wants done.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, Davida said:

Seems to me people who worked the land celebrated their harvest time and didn't celebrate death , ghosts and witchcraft

Yeah they did. It was on an episode of "Little House On the Prairie". They had Halloween. :)

8 minutes ago, other one said:

Edited by Omegaman 3.0 to say "non-sense" instead

other one, please read this short article.

Is predestination a biblical teaching?

by Matt Slick
7/29/2009

Yes, predestination is biblical.  Predestination is the teaching that God has, from all eternity, freely determined whatsoever shall come to pass.  We find this in Ephesians 1:11 which says, “also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”  Notice Paul teaches that predestination occurs according to the purpose of God and that God works all things after His will.  The "all things" means exactly that, all things.

• Predestination:  "God’s actions in willing something to a specific result; also called “foreordination.” Some Christian theologians, particularly in the Reformed tradition, have seen it as indicating God’s eternal decree by which all creatures are foreordained to eternal life or death. It may also be used synonymously with “election” and indicates God’s gracious initiation of salvation for those who believe in Jesus Christ."1
  • "The divine determination of human beings to eternal salvation or eternal damnation. The doctrine of predestination is a branch, so to speak, of the doctrine of election; God’s predestinating activity is a function of his existence as the electing God. Though expressed in the Old Testament primarily as the corporate election of the people of Israel (cf. Deut. 7:6–8), some also extend predestination to include God’s having decided in advance the events of each day in an individual’s life (e.g., Ps. 139:13–16)."2

The word predestination comes from the Greek προορίζω, "prooridzo."  The word occurs six times in six verses in the New Testament.

1. Acts 4:28, “to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur.”
  2. Romans 8:29-30, “For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren; 30 and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”
  3. 1 Corinthians 2:7, “but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom, which God predestined before the ages to our glory.”
  4. Ephesians 1:5, “He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.”
  5. Ephesians 1:11, “also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”

By looking at these verses, we can see that predestination reveals God's great sovereignty and right to do with His creation as he desires.  But also we can see that predestination deals with salvation.  Unfortunately, many Christians do not accept the biblical teaching on predestination.  Many do not like the idea that God predestines people for salvation, but the fact is the Bible teaches it.

We might say that there are two main views concerning predestination.  One is the view that God has foreknowledge; that is, he knew who would choose Him, and those are the ones He predestined to salvation.  The other idea is held by Calvinists who believe God sovereignly, of His own free will, predestined certain people to be saved, and His choice is not based upon looking into the future to see who would pick Him.

Either way, predestination is found in the Bible, and it is a doctrine that we must accept.  So, to find which view you think is most biblical, study the above list of verses in their context and see if you think that God predestines according to the expected future human choices or not.

Edited again by Omegaman 3.0 to say "nonsense"

Choose better terminology to express yourself other one, or be banned from the thread.