IGNORED

Is Hell Real?

Is Hell Real?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hell Real?

Guest 1sheep
45 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

If that was the case, there would be no disagreement in this thread.

So you are under the impression that everyone who responded to the OP has studied the bible in spirit and truth? How do you know? 

Guest 1sheep
1 hour ago, Concretecamper said:

You raise an important question.  There are bible christians that say homosexual sex is wrong and there are bible christians that say homosexual sex is ok.  Both camps say they are following the bible and following the Holy Spirit's inspiration.  Both can't be right.  Is the Holy Spirit fickle in that He instructs differently?  How can we be sure who is right.  Both are SURE they are right.  God Bless. 

What are Gods instructions in this conundrum that weighs heavily on your mind? 

Please get the scripture for me.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

You raise an important question.  There are bible christians that say homosexual sex is wrong and there are bible christians that say homosexual sex is ok.  Both camps say they are following the bible and following the Holy Spirit's inspiration.  Both can't be right.  Is the Holy Spirit fickle in that He instructs differently?  How can we be sure who is right.  Both are SURE they are right.  God Bless. 

We read the bible is what we do .    those folks who claim to be following the bible yet support that ,  AINT following no bible .   its quite easy to discern what tree a man is in .

by their fruit.    and the fruit of the wicked is to sin .   But Christ has come a LIGHT into the world , that whosever believes in HIM shall not ABIDE in darkness , but IN LIGHT .

1 hour ago, Concretecamper said:

But I am sure that those bible christians that disagree with you think you are wrong.  Besides, the Holy Spirt is inspiring them, not you.  Or maybe the Holy Spirit is inspiring you and not them.  Oh shucks, who knows...lol

WHO KNOWS .  GOD KNOWS and thus those who are truly born OF HIS SPIRIT will know .     Pilate once asked what is truth .   IF ONE IS BORN AGAIN they no longer have doubt .

ITS why I have long hollered , FLEE those men who stand on opinions of men gone wrong , AND NOT on the SOLID FOUNDATION CHRIST and BIBLCAL DOCTRINE .

Do you know how every false teacher in times past and now get a group to follow them .     THEY put the emphasis on man , NOT SOLEY ON THE BIBLE .    EVERYONE

that has an agenda and desires the preeminence of men have and do this .     HOW I truly THANK GOD HE saved one like me and changed me and kept me far from ROME

and any other leader that teaches contrary to SCRIPTURE .   

2 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

You mean , their are many WHO CLAIM to be bible christains . EVEN the KKK does ,  but I assure us all,  THEY DO NOT KNOW CHRIST and DO contradict the very bible

they claim to support .  MANY DO THIS .    MANY .     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

7 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

But there are Christians here that say it doesn't describe hell.  Why the disagreement?

First of all, I absolutely believe in Hell. (Yes, I voted.:) )

Over the years, I've heard Bible teachers say that sometimes the original languages of scripture (Hebrew and Greek) translate awkwardly into our English. Iow, where Hell is meaning various things in the original text, the English can confuse matters by rendering all of these generically as Hell.

Perhaps this is one reason they disagree? :hmmm: Just wondering if this could be part of the problem.

I am posting an article I found about this angle in a separate thread if anyone wants to weigh in on this perspective. I know some at WCF do know Hebrew and Greek so they have an advantage in this predicament.

Another thought...Not everyone that claims to be a Christian actually is. Scripture says so. People who are just religious but not truly born again may be out there expressing their opinions on the subject of Hell, too. It would make sense they are skeptical, if they are still deceived by Satan.

I'm referring to only a segment of the population in general of 'professing Christians.' I say this in love and concern for them. But also posing the possibility that this is at the root of the problem...

But (food for thought)- if they are saying they are 'saved', what has Jesus actually saved them from? Surely, a real Hell...right? This aspect of their belief they are saved is imo, quite confusing. :confused:

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, HAZARD said:

That's because some people believe the Word of God as written, and some don't!

Well some people say they believe God's Word and come to the conclusion there is no eternal torment.

9 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Did you read my post on Hell and check every scripture?

No, I happen to believe in hell, you dont have to convince me.  But other in this thread don't share your conclusion after listenint to God's Word.  I am sure they think they are right and you are wrong.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Davida said:

Men thinking they are wise in their own eyes,  don't believe the Bible, instead they they follow opinions & teachings thought up by men.  

And I am sure they would argue you dont follow the bible.  Do I decide based okn who says it loudest or more convincing?

20 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

Why is it not clear from scripture whether hell exists and is eternal?

Are you reading another bible .    its quite clear it exists and WHY it exists .     Now get busying pointing to Christ .   For all who believe in Him shall not reside their at their end

will not be cast alive into hellfire .   Instead of trying to air condition the lake of fire or explain it away ,   POINT TO CHRIST .

32 minutes ago, Davida said:

No actually that is wrong. It is more like if someone says they believe the dictionary accept they don't believe what it says about O, I, U,  J,P,L, Q, F, N, M, P and Y.   That is not the equivalent as someone who takes the Dictionary and reads it as a whole true document. The ones that don't believe in hell base their argument on opinions not scriptures. 

No one can prove hell doesn't exist using scripture because it is there in the scripture, and in Jesus words in black and white. The only ones that argue against hell have been falsely taught the opinion that some scripture is allegory or metaphorical or they will leave it out altogether because of their own belief that GOD wouldn't be so mean. The belief that hell doesn't exist is wishful thinking & a false teaching,  the bible is clear about the warnings. The whole reason JESUS was sent by God the Father to die on the cross was so people would be reconciled to GOD through Him and not cast into hell to face the punishment for their own sins.   

And here is the thing .    Often those who do all to explain it away ,  have fear because often In their conscious they know they aint living right in Christ .

Now if in a conscious that is not right ,     you better believe that conscious will do all to explain away hell, or invent a God that wont punish .

YET,   how come WE know HELL is real , and That the wrath of GOD does come against all not in the lambs book of life .  

How come we KNOW its real and don't try and change the image of GOD or explain away hells existence .    BECAUSE WE GOT PEACE .  BY GRACE

if one truly KNOWS CHRIST and Follows HIM ,   they know they have been and are SAVED FROM hells firey fury .      IN JESUS WE HAVE PEACE.

And we don't have to change the image of GOD , IN ORDER TO HAVE SOME KIND OF PEACE .    WE JUST HAVE PEACE , FOR WE HAVE CHRIST .

Yeah .    You know this is true .     You know its why folks explain away anything that causes them fear .  YET , to KNOW CHRIST is to have PEACE

and OUR PEACE is real,    for we don't have to change a bit of scripture , the image of GOD , in order to have peace . IN FACT

any changing of scrips , makes us feel horrible inside and fearful FOR those who do such things .  YOU KNOW .   YOU DO .   SO on that note

LETS LEAP UP and PRAISE THE LORD for HIS MERCY .   BUT on that note also , KEEP on warning folks  ,  DONT change the image of God or existence of hell,

INSTEAD FOLLOW CHRIST .    See how simple that is .