• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Seems, you may have been deceived, as per the Word of God at 2THESS.2:1-12.

So the entire revival in South Korea is negated by the actions of one man ... do you truly believe it?  This simply shows that the tares are growing with the wheat.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, George said:
2 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Seems, you may have been deceived, as per the Word of God at 2THESS.2:1-12.

So the entire revival in South Korea is negated by the actions of one man ... do you truly believe it?  This simply shows that the tares are growing with the wheat.

The news articles I have quoted reported the evil-works or actions of many men who are leaders/pastors of churches, not of just one man. Do you truly believe that God's revivals in South Korea, if they were really true revivals, would have been led by such lawless tares.? 

20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them."(MATTHEW.7:20)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

1 minute ago, discipler777 said:

The news articles I have quoted reported the evil-works or actions of many men who are leaders/pastors of churches, not of just one man. Do you truly believe that God's revivals in South Korea, if they were really true revivals, would have been led by such lawless tares.? 

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water ... it's like saying the Protestant Reformation is totally false based on a few statements that Martin Luther said.  Men are flawed ... but God isn't work despite it all!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

23 minutes ago, George said:
26 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water ... it's like saying the Protestant Reformation is totally false based on a few statements that Martin Luther said.  Men are flawed ... but God isn't work despite it all!

Like I said before, the Protestant Reformation was actually a political movement by the German rulers against the hegemony of the Catholic Popes and Holy Roman Emperor over the whole of Western Europe. Martin Luther was just a political pawn used by the German rulers to rebel or protest. A bit later King Henry VIII of England also joined in the rebellion or protest after seeing its successful outcome.

It's true that God's missionaries, evangelists, pastors, etc have been doing good work in South Korea. All I'm saying is that there was likely no true South Korean Revival or any other End Time Harvest/Revivals.

In fact, there will be increased persecution of Christians as the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth approaches, just like the persecution experienced by the Apostles during the 1st Coming of Jesus Christ to earth. Nearly all the Apostles were martyred by the rulers/governments of the day.

Edited by discipler777

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

4 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

In fact, there will be increased persecution of Christians as the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth approaches, just like the persecution experienced by the Apostles during the 1st Coming of Jesus Christ to earth. Nearly all the Apostles were martyred by the rulers/governments of the day.

... and this will light a fire under the true church.  Just like what happened in China!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Joel is a book for the children of Israel. Chapter 2 speaks about their deliverance. Like every other OT book, it directly prophesies nothing about the Church.

Joel 2 is about the deliverance of Israel and Zion/Jerusalem. It is prophesying about the same things as Zechariah 14 and Ezekiel 38-39, when the great coalition of armies comes against the land, particularly from out of the north:

Joel 2:20 “But I will remove far from you the northern army,
And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land,
With his face toward the eastern sea
And his back toward the western sea;
His stench will come up,
And his foul odor will rise,
Because he has done monstrous things.”

This is the Battle of Armageddon spoken of in Revelation 16 at the 6th-7th Seals. Following this, being the Lord's deliverance of Israel,

Joel 2:28 “And it shall come to pass after that [אַֽחֲרֵי־כֵן],
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.

29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

That is, this outpouring of the Spirit will be upon Israelites in the land after Armageddon. However, now note what is said in verses 30-31:

30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.

These heavenly signs are the very same as those of the 6th Seal of Revelation 6, also Matthew 24:29, which immediately precede the Rapture of the Church. Those events come before; whereas the salvation of earthly Israel, and the spiritual outpouring upon it, comes after.

Therefore, my understanding of verse 23 --

2:23 Be glad then, you children of Zion,
And rejoice in the LORD your God;
For He has given you the former rain faithfully,
And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
The former rain,
And the latter rain in the first month.

-- is that the "former rain" refers to the outpouring of the Spirit upon the Church to which you are referencing, and the "latter rain" refers to the outpouring upon earthly Israel at the end of the Wrath.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 12/25/2018 at 3:52 PM, George said:

Revival in South Korea

In 1900, only 1% of the country’s population was Christian, but largely through the efforts of missionaries and churches, Christianity has grown rapidly in South Korea over the past century. 

In 2010, roughly three-in-ten South Koreans were Christian, including members of the world’s largest Pentecostal church, Yoido Full Gospel Church, in Seoul.  -- Pew Research

In 110 years ... went from 1% to 30%!

... continuing ...

Hi George, I'm not saying that your statistics are wrong, but I'm not sure I agree with three in ten South Koreans are Christian.... I am Korean.  I came to the US when I was 4 ....but I still have many relatives living there.  My parents had many sibling and almost all of them are NOT Christian.  I watch a lot of the culture stuff that comes out of S. Korea and it seems that they are sadly following after the post -Christian lifestyles and thinking like the US. 

I also was disillusioned about the Koreans who called themselves Christian because they were so materialistic and fake in their walk.  I saw that in my own church when I was growing up.  The Korean churches here in the US would set up elders as a prestige and they were not godly people!  I don't know a whole lot of the churches in Korea but the culture and thinking there is more Westernized.  There are many who live in sin now, abortions, lots of adultery.  Before, if one committed adultery there, you could get arrested.  Not anymore....  so I hope that I am wrong and those statistics are correct. 

• Thumbs Up 1