• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

Matthew 7:13-14

The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 [a]Because narrow is the gate and [b]difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I guess a person also needs to look at:

John 3:16 

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

11 minutes ago, StJoek said:

I agree but keep in mind that even after the end of the 1000 year reign, when we have Jesus living on earth with us as our King, a very large portion of society is going to side with the devil when Jesus lets him out of the pit.  It just kinda blows my mind.  I'm sure there's something in the Lords plan I'm not seeing, very sure we see life through a dark glass after all, but when I look around at all the heresy and apostasy and just lack of love it's staggering.

that final rebellion simply blows my mind too.  I just cannot imagine how multitudes can possibly come to the point of believing that attacking and de-throning the King is even a thinkable thing.  Perfect government with every official from the King on down UNBRIBABLE, incorruptible, no judge capable of being bribed or corrupted, living in what appears to be an earth restored to eden-like tranquility and productivity, life spans that have returned to something resembling pre-flood spans and no war at all eating up the wealth and labors of the people.

Yet given these idyllic circumstances, and ABSENT any influence of the devil and his minions, men will still rebel.  And in significant numbers too, though I'm not comfortable setting any ratios since i can't see justification for any in the Word.

The Millennium is definitely a season when the demographics I pointed to will get "reset" and never return to matching the curve we see now.

Edit:   well, never say never.  It might regain parity at some point in the Millennium given the long life spans and the number of children that will likely be born to each couple :)

Population is going  to explode after the first hundred years or so if people are experiencing 6-900 yr lifespans and having 30-50 kids per couple instead of 2-4 :)   By the end of the Millennium I bet the population is going to be simply HUGE.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, StJoek said:

Jesus once asked if He would find faith when He returned.  I'm just looking for those who He said we'd know are His disciples because of their love for one another.  Where are those people?

The more I look around the more people I see headed for hell, maybe all of us.

I already got all I need to keep me from hell    .      HIS NAME IS CHRIST .     the problem is what version or image of jesus are folks running too.

IF it aint the biblical version , if we aint loving His sayings ,   WELL prepare to hear I never knew you.

As for me ,    I GOT MY BLESSED ASSURANCE and the ONLY NAME WHEREBY ONE IS SAVED .   KEEP THE FAITH , but make sure the faith is in the TRUE JESUS

not the inclusive one many be a teaching these days .

I suspect quite a load of folks  will say ,   LORD , LORD did we not do many works in thy NAME

and in THY NAME cast out many demons and in THY NAME

Only to hear ,  I NEVER KNEW YOU ,   YOU who sat under these oprah wimphreies and rick warrens and rome and emergent , WHO DENIED ME AS THE ONLY WAY

or who preached a love that is not compatible with HIS TRUTH .     HEAVY DELUSIONS ABOUND .     BETTER WE make our calling and election sure ,

BETTER WE LEARN THE BIBLICAL JESUS and not these other phone book versions .  

WHAT WE LOVE shows WHOSE LOVE IS ON OUR HEARTS BY THE HOLY GHOST .      OPEN BIBLES and read like one has never read before .   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

that final rebellion simply blows my mind too.  I just cannot imagine how multitudes can possibly come to the point of believing that attacking and de-throning the King is even a thinkable thing.  Perfect government with every official from the King on down UNBRIBABLE, incorruptible, no judge capable of being bribed or corrupted, living in what appears to be an earth restored to eden-like tranquility and productivity, life spans that have returned to something resembling pre-flood spans and no war at all eating up the wealth and labors of the people.

Yet given these idyllic circumstances, and ABSENT any influence of the devil and his minions, men will still rebel.  And in significant numbers too, though I'm not comfortable setting any ratios since i can't see justification for any in the Word.

The Millennium is definitely a season when the demographics I pointed to will get "reset" and never return to matching the curve we see now.

Edit:   well, never say never.  It might regain parity at some point in the Millennium given the long life spans and the number of children that will likely be born to each couple :)

Population is going  to explode after the first hundred years or so if people are experiencing 6-900 yr lifespans and having 30-50 kids per couple instead of 2-4 :)   By the end of the Millennium I bet the population is going to be simply HUGE.

IT IS WRITTEN , blessed are those who partake of the first resurrection on which the second death will have no power .

The ones who are counted worthy IN CHRIST and shall rule and reign in the thousand years ,   THEY WONT EVER BE TEMPTED ,  ITS THE SURROUNDIN NATIONS

that get tempted . NOT THE SAINTS .     You can rest assured on the words of the LORD .     For now let us focus on what is coming upon us

FOR NOW let all resist the dark one by the POWER o CHRIST , by our faith in CHRIST .    Worry not over the thousand years nor what occurs at its end .

SUFFICIENT UNTO the day and time we in now that we be clinging TO CHRIST .    For a mass delusion is rising and filling the lands , churches , the whole wide world .

To gather them all unto the beast and unto the day of armegeddon .     WORRY not over the times and seasons the FATHER has placed IN HIS OWN TIME .

BUT GO rather , and sound out the gospel and correct any brethren in any error and do it fast .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, StJoek said:

So if the road is truly narrow and most don't ever even find it and those that do have trouble staying on it, than the majority of people that live on earth are going to hell right?  So how is that a win for God?

Sometimes we just need to clean our lenses to see things more clearly, so what I would suggest is to consider this analogy that scripture teaches.  You're married, so I think the concept will ring true to you.  God describes His children as a bride, a chosen bride, just like when you fell in love you chose a woman.  Now you didn't choose a woman that despises you, or doesn't respect you, or most importantly, doesn't love you or want a relationship with you.

God desires that everyone come to Him, but does not force Himself on people.  It is up to each of us as individuals to work out our own salvation, just as it is up to each of us to put effort into our relationships with other people for them to succeed.  Why is one path narrow and the other wide?  Because it is always easier to do the wrong thing than it is to do the right thing, and more people are willing to go along with what is wrong to avoid personal complications.  In other words, more people love themselves, so they choose whatever direction makes their life easier.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IT IS WRITTEN , blessed are those who partake of the first resurrection on which the second death will have no power .

The ones who are counted worthy IN CHRIST and shall rule and reign in the thousand years ,   THEY WONT EVER BE TEMPTED ,  ITS THE SURROUNDIN NATIONS

that get tempted . NOT THE SAINTS .     You can rest assured on the words of the LORD .     For now let us focus on what is coming upon us

FOR NOW let all resist the dark one by the POWER o CHRIST , by our faith in CHRIST .    Worry not over the thousand years nor what occurs at its end .

SUFFICIENT UNTO the day and time we in now that we be clinging TO CHRIST .    For a mass delusion is rising and filling the lands , churches , the whole wide world .

To gather them all unto the beast and unto the day of armegeddon .     WORRY not over the times and seasons the FATHER has placed IN HIS OWN TIME .

BUT GO rather , and sound out the gospel and correct any brethren in any error and do it fast .

failure to understand that the tribulation is not an end, but the beginning of a new age has at least in part given rise to so many of the misunderstandings about the "when" of the resurrection.  It's a topic that should be discussed and will be.  When people realize that there are still billions of human beings left to be born after the end of this age and His return pares the number of living souls on this earth down to a very small number, many things that call into question much of currently popular eschatology will have to  be absorbed, dealt with and reconciled with the whole counsel of the Word.

God showed me two things that have allowed the confusion surrounding the resurrection and eternal judgement to take root.  One is the fact that just about every end times teacher in my lifetime has made the mistake of running right out to the end of Revelation 19....and stopped.  Very little attention has been focused on the clear witness found in Rev 20 and on to the end of the book.  That is changing.

The other mistake has been focusing on what Revelation has to say about what the beast intends to do and will do, without focusing enough on what Jesus is doing.  This is what has allowed so much fear to enter the conversation for so many of His people.  He has not given us a spirit of fear and if it enters it is not by Him.  There is now a move by the Spirit to bring what Jesus is doing during that season into view and you can even see it on this forum if you look.  We're going to find that this idea that somehow His church is gone or beleagured and downtrodden and defeated through the great tribulation simply is not so and some are going to begin expecting Him to prepare them for the roles they've been assigned in it.

I'm not worried about any of this ...and in fact I am quite eager to get on with it! :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

I should probably add that in considering the Millennium, it becomes necessary to understand that for the first time in human history there will be two distinct "classes" of humanity existing on the earth side by side during that 1000 yrs.  Rev 20 tells us WHY, not just the King will be perfect but His whole government from under-kings (He is King  of Kings after all :) ) all the way down to dog-catcher will be incorruptible, impossible to bribe and courts will dispense divine justice without taint of favoritism.

Nowhere can I find that the whole Body of Christ is resurrected at the first resurrection.  Rev 20:4 outlines a very specific group who participate in the first resurrection and the group is limited and defined by a very specific list of qualifications:

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

I feel safe in condensing this list  of qualifications down to the word "martyrs" - those who overcame and chose death over denying the One who died for them.  THEY are raised to rule and reign with Him for 1000 yrs.  That is a limited, well defined  group and not every precious believer who has ever died and none now alive fit into that group.

But THEY are resurrected which makes me feel quite safe understanding that these have received their incorruptible heavenly bodies just like His and since they are now incapable of being corrupted again, THEY who form His  government for the 1000 yrs will ensure His  WHOLE government from His Throne on down to the remotest parts of the earth will form a perfect government from top to bottom. 

And then we have to consider that there are men and women who survive the tribulation period in this corrupted flesh and go on to procreate, have families and eventually  die.  To coin a term, it seems that men who have received the final blessing  of salvation (new bodies) and men who remain as we now are (living in corrupted bodies still subject to physical death) will be living side  by side during the Millennium.  "Sons of Adam" (coined term) who live as we now are, who need to make a decision to embrace His sacrifice and receive the PROMISE of a new body,  living side by side with fully manifested "Sons of God" who have received it.  If the Holy Spirit is somehow removed at His appearing and the doors of the "church"...the ekklesia are slammed shut, how then can these billions of "Sons of Adam" yet to be born be saved??

Have you ever heard a sermon that brought these kinds  of things to our attention?  I had not.  It's always been there, why  have we not seen it?  Is it because the Spirit never focused us on it until now?

His Word does not change, but boy our understanding of it sure can :)   Those who honor the Word and receive it as literal and inerrant are going to wrestle with these assertions until He manages to reveal the rest and weave them into a coherent picture that is completely consistent internally and consistent with EVERY other verse in the Scripture anywhere.

And I am quite certain He will do it, and in fact has begun to.

Edited by Jostler

3 hours ago, Jostler said:

failure to understand that the tribulation is not an end, but the beginning of a new age has at least in part given rise to so many of the misunderstandings about the "when" of the resurrection.  It's a topic that should be discussed and will be.  When people realize that there are still billions of human beings left to be born after the end of this age and His return pares the number of living souls on this earth down to a very small number, many things that call into question much of currently popular eschatology will have to  be absorbed, dealt with and reconciled with the whole counsel of the Word.

God showed me two things that have allowed the confusion surrounding the resurrection and eternal judgement to take root.  One is the fact that just about every end times teacher in my lifetime has made the mistake of running right out to the end of Revelation 19....and stopped.  Very little attention has been focused on the clear witness found in Rev 20 and on to the end of the book.  That is changing.

The other mistake has been focusing on what Revelation has to say about what the beast intends to do and will do, without focusing enough on what Jesus is doing.  This is what has allowed so much fear to enter the conversation for so many of His people.  He has not given us a spirit of fear and if it enters it is not by Him.  There is now a move by the Spirit to bring what Jesus is doing during that season into view and you can even see it on this forum if you look.  We're going to find that this idea that somehow His church is gone or beleagured and downtrodden and defeated through the great tribulation simply is not so and some are going to begin expecting Him to prepare them for the roles they've been assigned in it.

I'm not worried about any of this ...and in fact I am quite eager to get on with it! :)

Why should any fear the beast .     Whether we live or die , WE THE LORDS .    Far better to suffer all out persecution and die for the LORD , having even rejoicing through our persecution,

than to live what seems a easy life , be a king and yet know not CHRIST .      Their is no fear of the beast  nor what man can do unto us .   

The prayer is only this , OH let me be faithful to ONLY the LORD , no matter what it costs ,  no matter what comes against us , OH LET US HONOR HE who has saved us .

You do realize , what time it is .      ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, StJoek said:

So where's the "quality" Christians?  I've never been to a love feast, nor heard of a church that has them.  If God is looking for quality I don't think He sees it among this generation, certainly not in me.

Brother, as Friend has said, stop beating yourself up, condemnation comes from the devil,

...certainly not in me, ...that tells me the Holy Spirit is talking to you, He has shown you the need and I'm certain you will find others with the same need, sheep are naturally gregarious, ...you are the one to start a love feast, buy some pizza, or whatever, invite some people you know that profess the name of Christ and have one, read the Word together, take Communion together, most important is pray together and ask Father what He wants to do with the Love feast, ...the Holy Spirit is very active all over the world, He's just looking for those with a faithful heart.

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Brother, as Friend has said, stop beating yourself up, condemnation comes from the devil,

...certainly not in me, ...that tells me the Holy Spirit is talking to you, He has shown you the need and I'm certain you will find others with the same need, sheep are naturally gregarious, ...you are the one to start a love feast, buy some pizza, or whatever, invite some people you know that profess the name of Christ and have one, read the Word together, take Communion together, most important is pray together and ask Father what He wants to do with the Love feast, ...the Holy Spirit is very active all over the world, He's just looking for those with a faithful heart.

Lord bless

This is true just passing through .   The lambs though very few in number have got to start focusing on the HOLY DOCTRINE , the true pattern Christ set and the apostels set.

Our meetings will be small places where the few can gather .  because another false love fest is going on at the same time .  I am watching faiths unite with rome

rome united with jewish rabbis ,   heck this false love fest is really gathering a huge number of not only sadly christains but also even jews , muslims ,  secular pc moves .

I aint seen anything like it .  You should see how often as of late , KENNETH Copeland a champion of rome uses that word LOVE .

It is confusing the double minded real bad .   its so deceptive it is just alluring and deceiving .  I mean folks like Kenneth are even putting in the place of the word GOD

and saying LOVE .   I KID you  not .    An example he used is and LOVE so loved the world etc . 

I AINT NEVER seen anything like this .  and its taking hold huge .  And yet Kenneth and scores of them are false .  I aint never seen a delusion race like this .

burning into so many different groups .  Heck I see wicans just overusing the word love too .   gays , you name it .   I aint never seen anything like it .

So lets make sure we don't go enter into the WRONG LOVE FEAST ,  I call the death feast .     We need to stick with the WORD of GOD and follow only CHRIST .