• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom CreativeMechanic,

I couldn't disagree with point (1) more. Who are we to say what method our God will use to pair us with our spouse? Are we limiting our God to say "He can only match us with someone in this church and in this manner". Not at all.  In this day an age, I think online dating is a viable method, as meeting other ways can be difficult now days. 

If the both of you a Christians and are honest with each other, then surely love can be found.  People tend to let their guards down more online and so you can get to know them better, rather than shouting at each other across a bar or awkwardly squirming at a restaurant. 

My advice would be that, if you do try it, ensure you look in a reasonable location. It may cause you heartache if you meet your ideal match in a place you are not realistically going to travel to. Again, be reasonable about location. Also be open-minded! Don't list your expectations in your heart as Yahweh's match for you may be different to what you have in mind. Finally, don't rush to meet - establish a bond that is significant before considering it. 

Pray about my friend and be blessed in your search!  As encouragement, I met my wife via online dating and I have never been happier.  I thank Yahweh every day for her and am constantly amazed that such a perfect match could have been found by "accident"

Love & Shalom

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

download.jpg.88912cebf1923054b4a822713a856bb0.jpg

Some live in fear of life's adventures. Some choose to get out and about or at least move on with life, engaging with others. Don't want to just  hang around my tv with stale popcorn bits on the floor. Well unless a Ray's  Baseball road game is in it. And even then I will make a fresh snack for my catalog bride and we will cheer our Ray's together, she more than I.

When my bride my sweet Texas peach looks like the lady in the sad poster above it is because pitcher Blake Snell got shelled, a very rare occurrence.  My "catalog" bride already has scanned the schedule for the season has picked out some games to definitely go to, wants to go to the second game of the season, and is duking it out with Ray's management over their new ticket price schedule, giving them the what for over it. She is one enthusiastic person, love her.

We met online of course, that's where all  the great people are in today's world, right? Right, of course!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Singles can find partner in many places, at the shopping malls, public park, churches, even markets where families and people usually visit, singles should greet them which may be followed by introducing himself to make friend first. Just make friends with anybody which can lead you to other people, be friendly to people. Or just start a short conversation.

Pray first and wait for the chances. Jesus bless if you live truly in God !

Edited by R. Hartono

No.2

There is nothing wrong with internet dating. It just has to be approached as a christian. 

Make it very clear what kind of person you wish to meet and never put up with anything less than is right for you. Never lower your standards. Pray every step to be guided. It can work. Good way to meet. 

It worked for me. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

neighbor that's great that you met your wife online,  that's good :) 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The thing with going outside and going to places is that i'd have to deal with people. I'd have to deal with them on dating sites too, so you can see why I don't have a dating site profile, lol.

Perhaps i'm biased because i'm young, but I think a dating site is alright. It's not guaranteed that you'll hook any fish just by joining one; I would think it no different than going out and about. Minus the face-to-face interaction, of course, but still pretty much the same. Just as with real life, yes, there is danger involved. Both offline and online, you should always meet in a well-lit and well-populated establishment, and if at any time you feel unsafe, just leave.

The whole "desperation" idea is a bit laughable to me, too. If you're sitting at the bar in a tight shirt and sucking in your gut, you're way more desperate than the online dater. If you're going around the supermarket trying to chat up the ladies with bad pick-up lines, i'm sorry pal, but you're desperate. Anyone could argue "desperation" in anything. You are either desperate in the pursuit of love or you are not, whether you are online, at the bar, or prowling the dairy aisle. It's not like desperation is a completely bad thing, either, you know?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

This type of sentiment reminds me of people who are against medicine, because taking it shows a lack of faith in God's healing capabilities (when logically God inspired man with the knowledge of medicine to heal themselves I would think). I am not attacking you or claiming you are one of those people just saying the logic seems similar. As long as you conduct yourself in a Godly manner, why does it matter HOW you meet someone? Online dating services are a tool like any technology is and thus is neutral on its own. I see no reason to condemn it as long as the God's teachings are followed. There are sites specifically for Christians, not every dating site is for hook ups like Tinder is.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Do your research. There are secure dating sites out there. Pray about it before you sign up for one. There were churches back in the day that had dances at the church where folks could meet up and socialize. I have aunts and uncles that met their spouses that way. I guess today that would be considered kind of old fashioned and corny.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I am sure there are some marriages out there that are very happy and they met online but not all. There are horror stories. But some people take risks. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Isn't God AMAZING? We have a choice. We can go on dating sites to find our soul mates or it can happen off line. With HIm ANYTHING is possible! Praise the Lord!