IGNORED

Why did 81% of evangelicals vote for trump?

jerryfhanson

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,024
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,344
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Maybe this should be moved to the Politics section?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/28/2019 at 1:19 AM, jerryfhanson said:

Trump fundamentally goes against my Christian Values, even as an Evangelical. Why did so many people vote for him?

I did not vote for a preacher (remember Jimmy Carter)     I voted against "her"...

Why did so many people vote for him?
It's their own business.
I do not need to argue on this forum with those who put "their need" to make some statement of their more "Godly" stance for a President that meets their ideal.
I cast an INFORMED vote to block a vile and evil party, with their candidate I believe, that would have destroyed our God given country.
I will not try to explain this to those focus only on Trump's failings.
I focus on "He may not be Christian, or Christlike"

I focused on, what could have been, had she been elected.
And shudder.
And thank God.
For His mercy......

Give it a rest.
Join the team we have NOW
Pray for president Trump
Pray for our country
Everybody, Christians that is, should always be praying for our President.
Whoever who he/she is...........
Somebody could start a new thread   

Give a "Short prayer for our President"
Quit nit picking the dude to death
Bathe him in prayer
Breaking news "Worthy forum asking for prayer for Trump"
Prayers for our country
Lift up..edify

Or slip in one more President bashing thread on "our"  Christian forum...

• Loved it! 1

Guest PinkBelt
On 2/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, other one said:

I voted for President Trump because God told me to.....

Are you claiming to be a prophet?

Guest PinkBelt
On 2/28/2019 at 2:19 AM, jerryfhanson said:

Trump fundamentally goes against my Christian Values, even as an Evangelical. Why did so many people vote for him?

There is no one reason, and countless articles have been written on the subject. I am studying to be a clinical psychologist and I also came out of an extremely right wing church/family environment. Given all this I feel qualified to give you the most convenient answers:

- Racial grievances.

- Job outsourcing with no lifeline made many people desperate, especially in steel and coal producing states. Trump promised them a lifeline.

- Relative deprivation, which basically means thinking you are not getting things you're entitled to while those you perceive as "beneath" you get those things.

- Lack of consistent values/hypocrisy. Many evangelicals have very high moral standards for whomever they oppose, but are willing to ignore those same values for themselves or their leaders. This is especially true if it's in pursuit of some end goal like the supreme court. In other words, in order to promote biblical values we must ignore them. The ends justify the means and so on.

- Obsession over abortion and homosexuality. The politicians voted on their supposedly "pro-life/pro-marriage" platforms are robbing us and driving the nation over a cliff. But these single issue voters are so blinded by abortion and homosexuality to care about issues of corruption, oligarchy and human suffering cause by poverty.

- Many evangelicals do not know what the bible actually says about the issues with which they are opposed. They get their biblical knowledge from their leaders who may or may not be giving accurate information.

- And to be perfectly honest many evangelicals simply hate liberals more than they love Jesus.

I voted for Clinton, but had it been almost any candidate other than Trump I'd have voted GoP.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

On 2/28/2019 at 8:40 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Perhaps the reason God put Trump in office was to show beyond all doubt the insanity of continuing the greatest error of the greatest country....The Electoral College.

I do not see that as error. Without the electoral college, only 3 or 4 cities in the nation would determine who the president is. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I do not see that as error. Without the electoral college, only 3 or 4 cities in the nation would determine who the president is. 

I've heard it said that just a few counties of and around Manhattan would account for the votes Hillary was ahead by. Never fact checked it but I've heard the same about Chicago and L.A. Take any one of those cities votes away and the landslide that this election was would be talked about more. I've seen the numbers some time back about the number of counties in the country and not remembering the exact total it was amazing. Trump carried over 3,000 counties while there are about 3,400 counties. Every aspect other than the popular vote was a landslide. The numbers are amazing. The electoral college did exactly what it was intended to do.

The ridiculous aspect of this electoral college debate is if it were the other way around the conversation wouldn't even exist.

I looked it up. 3,084 counties for Trump, 3,141 counties total. 

Edited by Zemke
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Are you claiming to be a prophet?

no we have a very close relationship and he guides me in most of my decisions.   I would hope everyone has that kind of relationship.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Isn't that kind of the way it is now? I mean once they get the   270 electoral votes they win. Dose not matter how the others has voted. If they are declared the winner before the votes in your state are even counted. What would it matter if you voted at all? 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,785
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

trump-coverage-verizon.jpg

A electoral map by county that I saved from Facebook from after the election.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

We knew what we were getting with Hillary. More Governmental control of our lives. More attacks against our freedoms. More taxes. Less freedom to spend our money where we felt it had the best return. Bad healthcare outcomes, bad national defense outcomes, bad foreign policy outcomes, bad judicial outcomes, bad economic outcomes, bad religious freedom outcomes,etc. 

I didn't vote for Trump, I actually wrote in Senator Santorum because of the following issues and supporting voting record:

http://www.ontheissues.org/rick_santorum.htm

International Issues  Domestic Issues   Economic Issues  Social Issues 
Foreign Policy Gun Control Budget & Economy Education
Homeland Security Crime Government Reform   Civil Rights
War & Peace Drugs Tax Reform Abortion
Free Trade Health Care Social Security Families & Children
Immigration  Technology Corporations Welfare & Poverty
Energy & Oil  Environment Jobs Principles & Values

I'm happy with Trump's judicial nominations at Fed and Supreme courts.

I'm happy with Trump's fight to block illegals from overrunning our country. 

I'm happy with Trump's reduction in government regulation.

I'm happy with Trump's tax reduction. 

I'm happy that he buried the Iran $1.5B giveaway by Kerry and Obama and calls them what they are. 

I'm happy at his out of the box thinking in his negotiation attempts with N Korea

I'm happy that he has completed the first major overhaul in decades-old poor trade deals (although conservatives like Koch Bros. have misrepresented his efforts as protectionist, we saw how quickly he was able to negotiate from strength and get meaningful concessions from Canada, Mexico, and EU within a few months. Falsifying the protectionist claims.  

I'm am appalled that he didn't shut down the government 2 years ago until he got across the broad cuts in spending.

I'm appalled at his use of personal invective, he is as bad as CNN or MSNBC.

I'm appalled at his personal ethics.

I'm appalled at his narcissism.