• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/27/2019 at 10:28 PM, BorderCowboy said:

I don't know if it'strollin' or what. i believed forums were to speak your piece, maybe a friendly debate, but lately I'm gettin' liberal panty twists comin' at me sideways! Not cool in my book, n I've been bitin' my tongue bout, which ain't me. So anounced now, I will no longer go on forums.

I believe BS under this topic stands for "Bullheaded Self-righteousness" 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

I would say that we are to be lights unto the world, and speak if necessary. Some here appear to have the desire to preach to the ones who already believe in the Lord Jesus. Discussion is fine and the sharing of beliefs and new ideas are good. Sharing concepts, intriguing thoughts or challenging questions can be iron sharpening iron.  But there is something wrong with the concept that within this forum some feel it necessary to enlighten the rest of us in their own pride. Some become angry, some become so self righteous and puffed up with their own "rightness" that they attempt to browbeat others and desire to have heated debate rather than discussion. I found myself pulled into that when I posted the definition of legalism and still so many will not let it go. They have to quote "win" the argument and can never accept "let's agree to disagree". I am not here to convert others. I have hope that my posts strengthen and help others, not to correct everyone's path. If correction needs to be done, I believe the Lord is quite capable of this. Even today, I noticed another post under theology about legalism and the person made their own definition of what legalism is and probably felt really good about it.  I am saddened by these to me arrogant posts and do find myself with Border Cowboy of being about ready to stop.

I enjoy discussing theology. Jesus saves us, but it doesn't stop there. Before we can have a lasting peace, we must repent of our sin, as Jesus explained. Some people don't agree with this. The question is: Can we have a civil conversation about this, or as you said, do we get all worked up if someone disagrees with us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/27/2019 at 11:48 PM, BorderCowboy said:

I thank ya kindly Sower, you are one that usually enjoys my posts. I kinda come here to get away from the everyday BS. But I hear ya brother. Semper Fi Jarhead!

Wait a sec. You have less than 60 posts and you already feel this way? I once started a global warming thread that was stuffed with the stuff you are talking about - to the tune of almost 6,000 posts. It's not for everybody, though. ;) 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I thank ya'll for your support and advice, it was well received and appreciated. after mullin' everythin' over, I have decided to stick it out, and just ignore those with closed minds. Thankya kindly again my friends, God bless!

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1