• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

The closest thing we get to a description is in Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.”

Oops.... Sorry Appy....did not see where you had already posted this.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/9/2019 at 5:58 AM, Tigger56 said:

In a recent post from Neighbor under the topic of cults he made mention that one group believed in a different Jesus than the one in the Bible. I appreciated his post because it made me think about the Jesus we all believe in, but with different viewpoints. I wanted to simply share how I picture him as he walked the earth. How do you picture the Lord? How do our different perspectives change how we view Jesus as a man when he walked upon this Earth. What did he look like?

What did he truly teach? Should we follow His example above all others?  All of these things come to mind when I think about my Lord. I have determined in my life to follow his example and his teachings above all else. But how do you picture him?  

As for as a different Jesus.... I still find that statement to apply to so much, for instance... his very appearance. So what did he look like?  I have seen many pictures of Jesus as an emaciated weakling, or one with a glazed type of look in his eyes.  I believe that Jesus when he walked upon this earth as a man was a man. I believe he was muscular and strong. I believe he was one that was of physical and spiritual strength. He was one who could laugh and have joy. I believe he could enjoy some wine and laugh with his disciples around the campfire. I believe he was a man who was tender, kind and innocent but wise beyond his years. He was a man's man but with a kindness about him that drew many unto him. He likely had calloused hands from his years as a carpenter. But hands that were tender unto the hurting. He was a man that could go into a temple and throw out the money changers with a zeal that intimidated the ones that were making God's house a mockery. He, even in his joy, also likely carried an air of burden upon him as he knew why he came unto the earth. He loved all but made friends of some... etc....  So how do you picture Jesus as a man? How do you picture him as you think upon his life?  

Jesus is the Son of God. He is the second Person in the Holy Trinity. Some do not believe this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was GodHe was in the beginning with God.  All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.  In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Edited by Jostler
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, nzkev said:

Could you show this from scripture for my studies I understand the trinity but bible verses for second person if possible would be great 

Matthew 28:19

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

We are indeed presented with 2 opposing Jesus'. When Jesus was tried before Pilate...there was another Jesus there for the people to choose from....his name was Jesus Barabbas. Why Jesus Barabbas? Many of the earlier Greek manuscripts have the full name of Barabbas listed (including his first name...Jesus)...but it was deemed by translators to be too confusing for readers...so eventually the texts were abridged to leave out Barabbas' first name. 

But what is the significance of Barabbas? Well, first his name is identical to that of Jesus Bar Abba...or..Jesus son of the Father. So we are to choose between 2 seemingly identical Jesus'.

Now the people chose to free the one that represents humanity...and condemned the One representing divinity. (people are still doing this)

No one wants to identify with and follow a Jesus to the cross. We all just want to be pardoned and set free...like Barabbas. Nobody wants to lose their lives for any reason. So people will choose Barabbas and getting off scott free over being sacrificed. That is unless we love the Lord and the truth.

This is reminiscent of Lev.16 and the day of atonement..where there are two goats presented before the people. One for sacrifice (like the real life-giving Jesus)...and the other to be released as an escaped goat (like Barabbas).

Will we choose the way of sacrifice...as in giving up our lives for Christ? Or will we choose our own freedom while desiring Jesus just to die for us as if he was OUR sacrificial Lamb...rather than being the Lamb of God?

Who will follow the real Jesus through death and into His life?

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 3
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

On 5/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, appy said:

Isaiah 53 : 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

@appy Thanks appy. This is the very scripture that came to mind for me. This wonderful prophetic chapter about Jesus explains that from His outward appearance, He looked like any ordinary Jew. Of course, that was anything but true because He was (and is) God Incarnate.. Hallelujah!!

His beauty was from within for He was pure, sinless and perfectly loving. He was the long awaited Messiah. Despite the crowds that followed after Him (partly for the miracles), few of them realized who He REALLY was.

“He came unto his own, and his own received him not.” (John 1:11)

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

We are indeed presented with 2 opposing Jesus'. When Jesus was tried before Pilate...there was another Jesus there for the people to choose from....his name was Jesus Barabbas. Why Jesus Barabbas? Many of the earlier Greek manuscripts have the full name of Barabbas listed (including his first name...Jesus)...but it was deemed by translators to be too confusing for readers...so eventually the texts were abridged to leave out Barabbas' first name. 

But what is the significance of Barabbas? Well, first his name is identical to that of Jesus Bar Abba...or..Jesus son of the Father. So we are to choose between 2 seemingly identical Jesus'.

Now the people chose to free the one that represents humanity...and condemned the One representing divinity. (people are still doing this)

No one wants to identify with and follow a Jesus to the cross. We all just want tp be pardoned and set free...like Barabbas. So people will choose Barabbas and getting off scott free over being sacrificed. That is unless we love the Lord and the truth.

This is reminiscent of Lev.16 and the day of atonement..where there are two goats presented before the people. One for sacrifice (like the real life-giving Jesus)...and the other to be released as an escaped goat (like Barabbas).

Will we choose the way of sacrifice...as in giving up our lives for Christ? Or will we choose our own freedom while desiring Jesus just to die for us as if he was OUR sacrificial Lamb...rather than being the Lamb of God?

Who will follow the real Jesus through death and into His life?

oh  my goodness...i so dearly love those little hidden revelations that can be dug out of the text.  I had never  seen that one but what a perfect picture  of the scapegoat and the goat sacrificed in OT temple worship.

Thank you very much  for sharing that.  that's rich.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

@appy Thanks appy. This is the very scripture that came to mind for me. This wonderful prophetic chapter about Jesus explains that from His outward appearance, He looked like any ordinary Jew. Of course, that was anything but true because He was (and is) God Incarnate.. Hallelujah!!

His beauty was from within for He was pure, sinless and perfectly loving. He was the long awaited Messiah. Despite the crowds that followed after Him (partly for the miracles), few of them realized who He REALLY was.

“He came unto his own, and his own received him not.” (John 1:11)

BUT unto all who do receive HIM , HE has made sons and daughters OF GOD .     LIGHT this place up , WITH PRAISES TO OUR ONLY HOPE THE LORD . 

• Praise God! 1