• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,997
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

13 minutes ago, noblenut said:

sometimes where it comes to scripture, we christians can overthink a passage or make it more complicated then it is.  i often find the simplest answer in any study is the best.  i do not think it is the bible thats over complicated but the way we have of looking at things in it.  i find it is best to take a text on its merits and to take the passage as it says.  i am sure God does not want complex doctrines but rather simple belief and faith in him, 

yours in christ noblenut

Aha. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, noblenut said:

sometimes where it comes to scripture, we christians can overthink a passage or make it more complicated then it is.  i often find the simplest answer in any study is the best.  i do not think it is the bible thats over complicated but the way we have of looking at things in it.  i find it is best to take a text on its merits and to take the passage as it says.  i am sure God does not want complex doctrines but rather simple belief and faith in him,

yours in christ noblenut

One of the amasing things about the gospel is that it can be explained in terms that very young chilkdren can understand it, but also in terms that intellectuals and evryone in between can understand it.

I like to refer people to sites like coldcasechristianity for very simple explainations of the gospel etc or to the reasonablefaith site for more complex and logical discussion of the gospel, while sites like answersingenesis give a wide range of accounts and explanations.

One cause of problems is the taking of verses out of context and of not reading the whole passage.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I also like a simple faith and walk in Jesus.    I know some are gifted in explaining many complicated Scriptures but for me, I keep things more simple.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, noblenut said:

yours in christ noblenut

I agree that we can over complicate things.  One way some do that is with systems of interpretation like hermeneutics.  What is supposed to give us proper understanding often times alters the meaning.  Read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit lead you into all truth.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

that is so true good points here

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, noblenut said:

yours in christ noblenut

Yes, I think "Do not steal" means "Do not steal."

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I agree with all mentioned.

Keep things simple.

When Jesus was on earth, He went around healing the sick, casting out demons, performing miracles and preaching the Word. Everything was simple. When He was ministering to the people (tax collectors, the lame, harlots, the poor, the sick, and many others) whom in those days were considered as outcast, all of them understood Him. Those people were not highly educated scholars or philosophers, or ones who had high social status; unlike the pharisees who presumably who held high stature in knowledge of theology and understood the Torah back-to-back did not understood and rejected the Living God standing in front of them.

Jesus's teaching is always simple and clear. Look at the parables illustrated in the Bible for instance, they get clearer and fresher each time I read them.

I really like how the Lord always give simple instruction. Whether if it is for children or grown-ups or anyone, His Word is always clear and precise. It is us who are the ones that make it complicated by our own assumption and misinterpretation that result in the distortion in the teaching of the Bible.

As we read His Word, be still and let the Holy Spirit minister to us. I like it this way. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

19 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I agree that we can over complicate things.  One way some do that is with systems of interpretation like hermeneutics.  What is supposed to give us proper understanding often times alters the meaning.  Read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit lead you into all truth.

yes, this is the problem i am with revelation where people interpret things beyond what is written

• Thumbs Up 1