• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone.

I’m new here and I thank you for having me. 

Sometimes I get some really hard questions asked of me because I defend and uphold the Bible. I’ve bought commentaries and looked online but sometimes people are the best resource so I came here. 

I’m not a Christian but I believe in Jesus that He was of God and the Bible is the Word of God so is it still alright if I ask a question as it will help me defend the Bible better? 

So im courteously asking if it’s alright first as I don’t want to upset or offend anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 minute ago, loverofhumanity said:

Hi everyone.

Sometimes I get some really hard questions asked of me because I defend and uphold the Bible. I’ve bought commentaries and looked online but sometimes people are the best resource so I came here.

I’m not a Christian but I believe in Jesus that He was of God and the Bible is the Word of God so is it still alright if I ask a question as it will help me defend the Bible better?

So im courteously asking if it’s alright first as I don’t want to upset or offend anyone.

Welcome to the forum,

You will have to check wioth the moderators of this forum about how long you can post here.

I am interested in the contradiction in your views.

You say you believe that Jesus is of God, yet you are not a Christian.

Do you have a reason for this?

I need to consult with Christians if they can assist me as they have a lot of knowledge. I don’t belong to any Christian organisation but I would hopefully sacrifice  my life for Jesus if required to do so.

Edited by loverofhumanity

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

24 minutes ago, Who me said:

Welcome to the forum,

You will have to check wioth the moderators of this forum about how long you can post here.

I am interested in the contradiction in your views.

You say you believe that Jesus is of God, yet you are not a Christian.

Do you have a reason for this?

A person can believe as loverofhumanity wrote and yet not accept that the atoning sacrifice of Jesus is sufficient for salvation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

29 minutes ago, loverofhumanity said:

I need to consult with Christians if they can assist me as they have a lot of knowledge. I don’t belong to any Christian organisation but I would hopefully sacrifice  my life for Jesus if required to do so.

Well here's the problem loverofhumanity, there is no need to sacrifice yourself for Jesus. The Bible states that sinners need to make atonement for their sins. However, a sinner cannot atone for their sin. It also states that we have all sinned and therefore we all need atonement. Atonement simply means that we have reconciliation with God. Now Jesus' sacrifice was the ultimate sacrifice and we should all be so very grateful for it. However, He only asks one thing for our salvation and that is to believe that His sacrifice did indeed take away our sin so that we can be reconciled to God.

One other minor point that you will want to remember is that Jesus wasn't merely "of" God... He "is" God.

Edited by NickyLouse
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

44 minutes ago, loverofhumanity said:

Hi everyone.

You believe in Jesus Christ and you are not a Christian? 

I am just a humble servant of the Lord here to ask if any kind Christian can advise me.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

9 minutes ago, loverofhumanity said:

I am just a humble servant of the Lord here to ask if any kind Christian can advise me.

Ok as a Christian I am confused here. You say you are a servant of the Lord yet you are not a Christian. You can't be both. You cannot truly be a servant of the Lord until you confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of your life. The other thing that confuses me to is that you state you want to better defend God's Word when you haven't truly accepted that all of it is true. If you accept that all of it is true then you should have no issues trusting in Christ as your Savior and thus you would be a Christian.

You can't truly defend God's Word unless you fully accept it 100% and you strive to live by it. Part of that living by it is stepping in obedience and trusting Christ as your Savior. I think unless this has taken place it is difficult to truly help you defend God's Word. I think that is the consensus of most of us here on this post trying to answer your question(s).

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course Jesus is my Lord and Saviour but I’m not a member of any Christian organisation as I side with Jesus and the Bible not any denomination.  That way I can accept the truth as I understand it.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 hour ago, NickyLouse said:

A person can believe as loverofhumanity wrote and yet not accept that the atoning sacrifice of Jesus is sufficient for salvation.

I am not suggesting they can't believe it, only that it is unreasonable.

• Thumbs Up 1