• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 6/27/2019 at 8:28 AM, Waiting2BwithHim said:

What then would you do?

I'd start off by doing a tremendous amount of praying before anything else. Those two kids would be extremely mixed up in their thinking. This is kinda side-line, but the Apostle Paul taught to be a witness for Christ and His love, by being an example, and not so much by preaching at the unbeliever. I understand this was geared more towards a spousal relationship, but in this case it would be applicable. Just a thought. It's far more complicated than that, when kids are already indoctrinated to dis-believe.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 6/27/2019 at 8:28 AM, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Here's a scenario.. let's say that there's a brother 8/sister 7 that was put up for adoption. The biological parents taught the kids there was no God.

This is what they know now. Now this couple who believes in God adopts these children and tell the kids there's a God.

They so no there isn't. My parents said there wasn't. How then would you go on to teach the kids there's a God? What would you do after all your trying to tell them they still won't believe you. What then would you do?

The new parents might point out to the children that the old parents didn't want them, and then ask the kids why they cling to the teachings of people who didn't want them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, AnOrangeCat said:

I have to agree. Oftentimes one of the best witnessing tools is living as God would have us live.

“Preach the Gospel every day— use words if you have to”

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Like I said this was a scenario. But after thinking about this on a person level it made me remember about my niece At about the age 7 or 8 I remember trying to tell her about God. She became so scared she literally was crying. The last thing I wanted to do was see her cry. I thought to myself I will just wait until she was older.

Well my niece at the age of 11 and I became estranged and I have not had any contact with her whatsoever because my sister took her away from the family. Every year since then I wonder how she's been  and if there was a way that God is properly in her life.

I figured that one day the opportunity would arise for me to tell her but now I don't know where she is and how to find her.  My sister if she is telling her about God is doing it all wrong and her father is an atheist. 

So in some aspects it's good to wait for a child to be mature enough to understand and in some ways it isn't.

All I can do is hope and pray that God will send an angel to her and someone will tell her all about him or he helps her get back to me. I was with her practically every day of her life and it felt like she was my own daughter. This is killing me but I will just keep praying in my heart that Jesus will watch over her.

So maybe this topic was in my subconscious and it needed to come out.  Thank all who has answered this not realizing I was talking about my own family. God surely does work in mysterious ways. :amen: 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Like I said this was a scenario. But after thinking about this on a person level it made me remember about my niece At about the age 7 or 8 I remember trying to tell her about God. She became so scared she literally was crying. The last thing I wanted to do was see her cry. I thought to myself I will just wait until she was older.

Well my niece at the age of 11 and I became estranged and I have not had any contact with her whatsoever because my sister took her away from the family. Every year since then I wonder how she's been  and if there was a way that God is properly in her life.

I figured that one day the opportunity would arise for me to tell her but now I don't know where she is and how to find her.  My sister if she is telling her about God is doing it all wrong and her father is an atheist. 

So in some aspects it's good to wait for a child to be mature enough to understand and in some ways it isn't.

All I can do is hope and pray that God will send an angel to her and someone will tell her all about him or he helps her get back to me. I was with her practically every day of her life and it felt like she was my own daughter. This is killing me but I will just keep praying in my heart that Jesus will watch over her.

So maybe this topic was in my subconscious and it needed to come out.  Thank all who has answered this not realizing I was talking about my own family. God surely does work in mysterious ways. :amen: 

That is difficult....all you can do is to pray for her, and hopefully like you said, someone will share about Jesus with her....or perhaps she will return to you.

It's also difficult when a child is raised in another religion, but one cannot really go over their parents' head to share directly about Jesus.   In that case one tries to plant seeds and pray.

I remember reading a story of a Jewish man who had a Christian nanny when he was a child.   She couldn't speak of Jesus to him but he always remembered her loving ways.   When he was grown, he got involved in alot of various new age, cults, etc.    However, in the end, he became a Christian! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Here's a scenario.. let's say that there's a brother 8/sister 7 that was put up for adoption. The biological parents taught the kids there was no God.

This is what they know now. Now this couple who believes in God adopts these children and tell the kids there's a God.

They so no there isn't. My parents said there wasn't. How then would you go on to teach the kids there's a God? What would you do after all your trying to tell them they still won't believe you. What then would you do?

Did you know you can not teach a child to tie their shoes? You show them how then they imitate you and teach themself. 

I would think trying to teach by reasoning with a child that has not developed the reasoning area of their frontal cortex that facilitates reasoning yet. Would be a lesson in futility for anyone.

They are just imitating and parroting their biological parents. As the bond with tbeir adoptive parents grows they will start imitating them. It's why children of hypocrite are so rebellious they are imitating tbeir parents say one thing and do another and they taught themselfs to create a public facade to survive.

It is the way the Lord made us. Probably why he calls us children and tells us to imitate Him. Then our children grow up imitating us, which is them imitating the Lord also and they teach themselves by practicing christianity that the Lord is good and His word is truth.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I would pray for them and involve them in church ideally. But I strongly would pray for and with them every day. When I have nothing else and all seems lost, I always have prayer. I have become found when I was lost, rich when I was poor, full when I was hungry, etc  I would pray❤️

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  09/20/1966

live a life like Christ lived.  It not just children that will not be converted by words only.

Love them and care for them as God Cares for his children

That is the greatest witness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,652
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Robert.A said:

live a life like Christ lived.

Amen. Jesus who spoke the Bible He read as He also lived by it. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  09/20/1966

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Amen. Jesus who spoke the Bible He read as He also lived by it. 

except there was no Bible when Jesus lived.

And he did not speak the Torah all the time. only usually when speaking to the pharisees. to the crowds he spoke a lot in parables