• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

38 minutes ago, Debp said:

I live in a 74 unit building....each apartment has a gas wall heater.    Some of us have the pilot light on but many don't....but once there is a gas leak, not good.   

Goodness Deb, no it isn't good. The pilot light should only be lit on wall heaters in the winter time when they're in use. I'm surprised to think that there is not some kind of safety code on that. I used to have a wall heater at one time, and it wasn't too difficult to maintain them in this manner. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Earthquakes are not fun at all. Been through many of them. Have also been caught in a tornado that spun my work van round and round and lifted me across a divided highway out of control until it finally flipped on its side.  Been through many hurricanes, and around tidal surges 19 feet tall. But the worst of bad situations is fire. Forest fires are the very worse of events to have to face. The smoke, the smell,  the acrid air, the balls of flaming debri falling, and the knowing  that hey there is no way out of here, we are in it, we may survive we may not, but we have no control of this slow moving horror.  

Never had that feeling in any of the other events, just in forest fires. Been knocked clear out of bed  and into a wall  during a California quake that took down the VA hospital, have been in multiple hurricanes, even retrieving a small craft at Cape Cod during one, have had to help family recover from the no name storm that brought that 19 foot tall wall of water through on  the Suncoast of Florida. And did endure that spinning cacoon of a work truck in one tornado.

But the fires; from Baldwin Hills,   Bell Air, to the  Georgia low lands, and into  the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains, and New Hampshire's White Mountains - they are the most awful of all can't see, eyes sting, can't breath throat rasps, it gets hot really hot and there is little or no sense of direction. By comparison getting knocked around in an earthquake though dangerous and can hurt  or kill too,  if not injured is no comparison to the terror of fire.

Well Lightning strikes aren't much joy either, but they are over before one is even really aware and can react. My house has been struck four times over the years, one strike blew four corners of my roof off, went everywhere in the neighborhood, and a surge blew apart  all the light bulbs one time. I even got caught in a squall while on my Hobie Cat 17 and got lit up by lightning. I was harnessed up flying out on the wing at the time, making a run for shore when everything just lit up. I saw light, electricity crackle up my leg across my arms, down and then up the mast and then the blast of light. Didn't think  I would make shore, but I did though  the Hobie had much damage from the 65 to 80 mph wind and rain that came out of nowhere and just caught me.

So, if one lives long enough and moves to enough places, they can become a walking talking typing, weather channel tale. Only thing certain  on this whirling ball  is that security is in Jesus alone.

Please don’t take this personal, but I don’t think I want to hang around with you or even anyplace “ near” you! Lol.......Seems like the only bad thing that you have missed out on is being struck by a meteor....please invest in a hard- hat, just to be safe........lol...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

No offense taken 

Did I tell you about the waterfall on the Piscataqua River, or the time I got slammed into the breakwater at Drakes Island Maine by a huge stray out of sequence wave at the end of a hurricane driven storm while fishing Blues? Now those events were just stupid is as stupid does things. For which many think as you do, lets not get too close. It is fun to get around some on this continent don't know much about other ones. And yes God hs given me a lot of opportunity to be around ad to see and be part of some of what makes the heart race with excitement and interest in the temporary nature of our stay in this corruptible flesh.

50 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Please don’t take this personal, but I don’t think I want to hang around with you or even anyplace “ near” you! Lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

Oh my goodness, that forest fire photo @other one

If I saw that in front of me, I would be thinking that that's it, I'm off Home. How did those people manage to stand there by that car, the heat from that fire must have been intolerable.

We recently had a forest fire near here. We saw the smoke surround us, and we could feel the heat from it. We didn't see any of the flames though.

Sorry to hear about that earthquake you had yesterday. I was in the chat room and some members were chatting about it, and how it was felt hundreds of miles away. It must be incredibly scary to experience something like that. What a thing to go through.

@Debp I laughed at you saying that if you had to lie down flat like that, you wouldn't be able to get up again. lol.

As others have said here, this world isn't our home. We are only safe and secure in Jesus, and we will be in our true Home when He calls us. We may not even be here tomorrow. We just don't know, as usually He doesn't tell us when our exit date is.

God bless you all.

Becky. X

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I heard the EarthQuake was 6.4 it was preety shaky I heard,  people felt it from Southern C.A. to Las Vegas

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Goodness Deb, no it isn't good. The pilot light should only be lit on wall heaters in the winter time when they're in use. I'm surprised to think that there is not some kind of safety code on that. I used to have a wall heater at one time, and it wasn't too difficult to maintain them in this manner. 

I think even if the pilot lights aren't lit, that a broken gas line would still eventually explode.

Our current apartment management company took over almost four years ago.   They are horrible so they could care less about anything.   Our carbon monoxide detector was making noise early December 2018.   They took it out saying it was broken.   We are still waiting for it to be replaced.   Have already reminded them more than once.   Heard the supervisor keeps them in her office and needs to bring it over here.   Manager here is unfriendly and you never see him.....they fired our nice Christian manager of many years when they took over.   But it worked out better for him.

12 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Oh my goodness, that forest fire photo @other one

If I saw that in front of me, I would be thinking that that's it, I'm off Home. How did those people manage to stand there by that car, the heat from that fire must have been intolerable.

We recently had a forest fire near here. We saw the smoke surround us, and we could feel the heat from it. We didn't see any of the flames though.

Sorry to hear about that earthquake you had yesterday. I was in the chat room and some members were chatting about it, and how it was felt hundreds of miles away. It must be incredibly scary to experience something like that. What a thing to go through.

@Debp I laughed at you saying that if you had to lie down flat like that, you wouldn't be able to get up again. lol.

As others have said here, this world isn't our home. We are only safe and secure in Jesus, and we will be in our true Home when He calls us. We may not even be here tomorrow. We just don't know, as usually He doesn't tell us when our exit date is.

God bless you all.

Becky. X

We had wildfires in California last fire season or so....people were actually escaping through those gigantic flames!   Some had a miracle, it was that bad.    One town, Paradise, was totally destroyed.   Even wildlife was seen fleeing.   I posted a couple of videos here about the horses and the rabbits fleeing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

16 minutes ago, Debp said:

I think even if the pilot lights aren't lit, that a broken gas line would still eventually explode.

Our current apartment management company took over almost four years ago.   They are horrible so they could care less about anything.   Our carbon monoxide detector was making noise early December 2018.   They took it out saying it was broken.   We are still waiting for it to be replaced.   Have already reminded them more than once.   Heard the supervisor keeps them in her office and needs to bring it over here.   Manager here is unfriendly and you never see him.....they fired our nice Christian manager of many years when they took over.   But it worked out better for him.

Buy a portable carbon monoxide detector. They are not pricey and easily available at home depot or lowes, or walmart etc. Well worth protecting your life. 

If it is against the law for the apartment to be without a carbon monoxide detector, and in california it likely is, then you could report the apartment complex to the proper local govt dept and they will enforce it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

Okay, we just had another trembler. 5.4 magnitude, in the same region of Searles Valley, Ridgecrest. This was a rock and roller alright, and I took to the doorway once again. A few aftershocks came with it, and I wouldn't be surprised at yet another. Pray for us, folks. Thanks!

• Praying! 4

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

16 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, we just had another trembler. 5.4 magnitude, in the same region of Searles Valley, Ridgecrest. This was a rock and roller alright, and I took to the doorway once again. A few aftershocks came with it, and I wouldn't be surprised at yet another. Pray for us, folks. Thanks!

EMSC feed is showing a 7.1

USGS has it  pegged at 6.9

4's popping like popcorn in  the area

Father we do ask that  You extend Your hand of protection over BeauJangles and all Who are Yours  in that area.  Please let Your power in behalf  of Your people be manifest.  We ask You  to commission Your ministering  spirits  to  go  and do  as You appoint to minister  to  the needs and protection of the heirs of Your  salvation.

In Jesus' Name....amen

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 3

21 minutes ago, Jostler said:

EMSC feed is showing a 7.1

USGS has it  pegged at 6.9

4's popping like popcorn in  the area

Thanks for the current status, Jostler. It did seem to be pretty serious, and apparently my latest report was exactly that... late, but not up to date. Also thank you for the prayers. I'm gonna keep up on the news with this, to see what exactly followed the quake in our state, but staying logged in for now. God bless.   

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Praying! 2