• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Nobody is saved by their works apart from Jesus.  When we have done all he commands us,  we are as unprofitable servants just doing our duty.  No boasting here.

As long as you don’t claim it is essential for Salvation, I have no problem with it.Nothing But The Blood for that.....no matter how good it appears..

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I know this got lost on about the 3rd page, but could someone answer this.

Leviticus 19:28 says no cutting for the dead or tattoos.  The previous verse, verse 27 says men are not to cut their hair at their sideburns nor trim their beards.  Why do Christian men not abide by this law as well?

Deuteronomy 22:5 says that women shouldn't wear that which pertains to a man [some interpret God to mean pants and dresses].  Verse 8 says when building a house, build a parapet for protection and verse 9 says not to plant different seeds in the same garden.

Why do people 110% ignore verses 8 and 9 while clinging to verse 5?

I have no tattoos, but I see that as meaning the same as cutting - for the dead, pagan practices honoring false gods - some tattoos today do not do that.  Some do.

I don't understand the picking and choosing of the civil law.  The ceremonial law is over.  The moral law [well, it's all moral] is not over.  I thought the civil law was over, too.  [A priest has to declare a house free of mold, no boil a baby goat in its mother's milk, etc.]

How is that decision made?

Simple......people can’t stomach Grace..... they gotta hang on to  “ something” to feel justified on their own so they sleep easier at night......delusions are very calming .....Satan is the Master of them....Cain just “ had” to do it his way......showing God what HE did!   God would not have it then- he’ll not accept self- justification now either.....you sing it ,yet you don’t believe it.....NOTHING but the Blood.....get with it before it’s too late....when you incorporate that into your beliefs for Salvation, there is a surprise benefit.....you find out it is the best way to battle sin.....the day it dawned on me that I could do whatever bad things I wanted to do and not be damned for it—- that was the exact same day I didn’t want to do bad things anymore....that’s what Grace does to a fellow.....it changes his “wants”..... I am telling you.....nothing else works near as well.... God ain’t impressed with willpower... the Bible calls it “ will worship”. Trust me, it won’t fly...... God bless...

• Thanks 1

I heard a Preacher say that some of these ancient tribes prayed to their false gods and when they did not have their prayers answered, which was probably just about always, they would cut themselves.God crested for himself a Holy ( separated) Nation. He did want His chosen people to look or act anything like the other nations,which explains a lot of the way they dressed, groomed , etc........made sense To me....

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

I know this got lost on about the 3rd page, but could someone answer this.

Leviticus 19:28 says no cutting for the dead or tattoos.  The previous verse, verse 27 says men are not to cut their hair at their sideburns nor trim their beards.  Why do Christian men not abide by this law as well?

Deuteronomy 22:5 says that women shouldn't wear that which pertains to a man [some interpret God to mean pants and dresses].  Verse 8 says when building a house, build a parapet for protection and verse 9 says not to plant different seeds in the same garden.

Why do people 110% ignore verses 8 and 9 while clinging to verse 5?

I have no tattoos, but I see that as meaning the same as cutting - for the dead, pagan practices honoring false gods - some tattoos today do not do that.  Some do.

I don't understand the picking and choosing of the civil law.  The ceremonial law is over.  The moral law [well, it's all moral] is not over.  I thought the civil law was over, too.  [A priest has to declare a house free of mold, no boil a baby goat in its mother's milk, etc.]

How is that decision made?

I’m not sure what your question is, but if you are asking why some people make a big deal about some aspects of the civil law set forth by Moses, but ignore others....why is this so? 

I think I’ve said this a few times...I call it the cafeteria plan. I believe some people choose to be vocal about the laws other people aren’t following, but they are adhering to........but remain silent about the laws they are “breaking” because they don’t want to adhere to those laws. 

It wasnt until I realized you must forget all of them to be under the New Covenant that I became free from concern like getting a tattoo, eating bacon, shaving my beard, mixing fabrics, etc.....

Laws for a different time, different people....

TOTALLY FULFILLED BY JESUS! 

In conclusion, to stay on topic....don’t fret about getting tattoos, and if people try to guilt you, just see them as Judaizers (legalists) just as Paul saw them.  He worked hard to minimize their influence over people....so should you.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Wow! When I left to go swimming this topic was on page 10. I get back and it is on page 18. I got some reading to do. I have giving up on the debate. I am now in read and make goofy comments mode. Since no one ever changes their mind about these things anyway.  :D

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I am only saying that any willful sin puts your in danger.  Unless this is an OSAS only site, that is mainstream.  You are just making an issue over my believing tattoos are willful sins, so one must repent as with any other willful sin.

No idea what OSAS has to do with tattoos??
So;

Maybe we're going to get somewhere.
To me, the tension here is belief.
You believe one way, I, and some others believe differently.
Correct?
I have liberty, you do not. You have doubt (not faith), so tattoos are sin.
I have-MY belief  My faith  My responsibility.

The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced [[ in his own mind.]]  6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of [c]Christ. 11 For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another
anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

I do not smoke. Now.  But, after fifty one years of smoking, the Lord delivered me.

According to you, Firm, had I died during my smoking days as a
believer, I would have suffered eternal damnation.

I miss God's mark (sin), in my thoughts, the most.   Thoughts in my mind.
 NOT so much the outward man with all the seen, tided up appearance.
With my mind I serve God. In spirit. In truth. As I determine, as led by the Spirit.

I now have the mind of Christ. I trust the Lord, and HE directs my path.
I respect what you believe is God's path,  for you, Firm.
We both have to obey our God given directions.
We may both be, or neither be, weak in the faith.
God is light!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I wear only cotton clothes. 

Only because I cant stand the feel of synthetics. I feel suffocated in them. They. Dont. Breathe.

I do not do it because of the old testament law.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, Sower said:

No idea what OSAS has to do with tattoos??
So;

Maybe we're going to get somewhere.
To me, the tension here is belief.
You believe one way, I, and some others believe differently.
Correct?
I have liberty, you do not. You have doubt (not faith), so tattoos are sin.
I have-MY belief  My faith  My responsibility.

The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced [[ in his own mind.]]  6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of [c]Christ. 11 For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”
So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another
anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

I do not smoke. Now.  But, after fifty one years of smoking, the Lord delivered me.

According to you, Firm, had I died during my smoking days as a
believer, I would have suffered eternal damnation.

I miss God's mark (sin), in my thoughts, the most.   Thoughts in my mind.
 NOT so much the outward man with all the seen, tided up appearance.
With my mind I serve God. In spirit. In truth. As I determine, as led by the Spirit.

I now have the mind of Christ. I trust the Lord, and HE directs my path.
I respect what you believe is God's path,  for you, Firm.
We both have to obey our God given directions.
We may both be, or neither be, weak in the faith.
God is light!

How very reasonable of you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

What is the use of inking your body which is the temple of God.  I am not against anyone who do such, but to use an analogy, why do evangelical Churches not hang painting and objects of attention in their property.  Is it not to keep the temple in a state that has some reverence and purity.  Should not our bodies be of a similar stature.  And while we are there, the bible does say a woman should cover her head when prophesying and most get around it with silly excuses and reference to it, and well throw your stones now, I am back to chores. :sad030:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

What is the use of inking your body which is the temple of God.  I am not against anyone who do such, but to use an analogy, why do evangelical Churches not hang painting and objects of attention in their property.  Is it not to keep the temple in a state that has some reverence and purity.  Should not our bodies be of a similar stature.  And while we are there, the bible does say a woman should cover her head when prophesying and most get around it with silly excuses and reference to it, and well throw your stones now, I am back to chores. :sad030:

My response is simply this out of the Word.....

1 Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

• Brilliant! 2