• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Debp said:

Just read an article about how the President dropped in twice at a wedding at one of his properties.   The bride and groom are big supporters and were thrilled.   Apparently the President drops in often to weddings when he is on site.

Also, the President made a phone call to a dying man whose wish that was.   The dying man's sister, a Democrat, arranged the call.   The President wanted to have the man in the front row of a rally but sadly the man passed away a few days later.

I would have posted the article but it had two videos in it.   Anyhow, it's nice to read some nice things about our President.

I also know he works closely with pro-life groups as I know the leader of a pro-life group here, and the President does conference calls with them and other groups.

Reading your post I couldn't help something coming to mind. I was brought up with the saying, "if you can't say something nice about someone, keep your mouth shut". 

Had Hillary become president my tongue would be bleeding from biting it with my teeth to keep my mouth shut...

IMHO Trump has his faults and sins just as we all do. I've heard credible reports he accepted Christ as his Savior but only the Lord knows for sure. I do know a few things for sure about Trump; he has America's best interest at heart; he puts his money and actions behind his words supporting our military; he's a nationalist and not a globalist; he officially changed Happy Holidays back to Merry Christmas; he often respectfully invokes them name and help of God. I've heard at official meetings they open with prayer. He has accomplished more national 'good' under hostile political conditions than any other president in my life time. IMO is was divine intervention he won the presidency and God placed him in office for His will and purposes. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, blessed457 said:

Supporting him as an AA comes with a high cost of scorn but I'm reminded biblically everyone is not going to like or love you especially if you go against the grain. Sadly the democrats thought ALL AA were in they corner I was never in their corner or a dem always Republican which gives me a double whammy political.

What is aa?

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

OP;

Some nice things about Pres. Trump!
OT
Trash Trump Time!

A (nice) list was posted. About his accomplishments.
anybody even look at it?
comments?
wrong data for this crowd? Perfect people place.
Or, simply cannot concede, he might just be doing a decent job.

I did not vote for a plumber, or a lawyer,
nor a preacher.
But a president, and he has done a good job so far. My opinion.
Anyone have
some nice things to say on this topic of nice things,
             on this CHRISTIAN forum?
           Do you regularly pray for him?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

All 4 of my 20 something aged kids are employed and not on drugs. Their futures look bright. I’m grateful. 

I honestly don’t understand why some people think Trump is cruel. I thought Obama was cruel so maybe you just don’t like him personally. I get that. But saying he is cruel seems childish. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 4

Guest PinkBelt
5 hours ago, other one said:

Might you tell me what price I am paying?

I don't know if you were told this, but we are supposed to be furthering God's kingdom. It's not about you or me.

The price being paid is the irreparable damage to the credibility of Christians who have abandoned all their principles in order to gain fleeting victories for a secular partisan agenda. People are not stupid and know hypocrisy, moral relativity and double standards when they see them. "Christians" in this country have an obsession with winning a culture war. This abandonment of our values, the whataboutism and the moral double standards have totally destroyed our witness. Maybe you don't care about those things as long as you feel good, but I do because I'm supposed to be a living witness for Jesus Christ. It's very hard to do that when people think I am a racist who condones child torture.

Edited by PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt
10 hours ago, Debp said:

I voted for President Trump because he would appoint conservative judges

Then you have wasted your time because Roe v. Wade is settled law and has been ruled constitutional. I wish people would take the time to understand how the legal system works.

In order to overturn Roe v. Wade you need to:

1. Get a case all the way through to the supreme court. (Good luck)

2. Get the supreme court to actually hear the case. They are not required to, and if they refuse then the lower court's decision is considered final.

3. In order to get a new ruling on the law you have to demonstrate that the earlier ruling was in error. (Good luck)

Even if you stacked the court with the most rabid anti-abortion judges in the country, they CANNOT reverse a previous ruling just because they don't like it. If they were to accept a case that they know had no legal merit to be heard, knowing they were going to reverse the old ruling those judges would be immediately impeached, the ruling would be nullified for being compromised AND they'd be removed from the bench. Such conduct would be a serious violation to their oath to be neutral and to the constitution.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Pink Belt, I like how you only quoted part of my answer as to why I voted for President Trump.

You claimed we voted for him because he is cruel....what a crazy statement.

I voted for him not only because he would appoint conservative judges, but he is pro-life and would help the economy.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I don't know if you were told this, but we are supposed to be furthering God's kingdom. It's not about you or me.

The price being paid is the irreparable damage to the credibility of Christians who have abandoned all their principles in order to gain fleeting victories for a secular partisan agenda. People are not stupid and know hypocrisy, moral relativity and double standards when they see them. "Christians" in this country have an obsession with winning a culture war. This abandonment of our values, the whataboutism and the moral double standards have totally destroyed our witness. Maybe you don't care about those things as long as you feel good, but I do because I'm supposed to be a living witness for Jesus Christ. It's very hard to do that when people think I am a racist who condones child torture.

Well, I guess you would not like it that I think God put Donald John Trump into the whitehouse to give this country one last chance to turn from the direction it was going....  He's done more for giving Christians more freedom and protection than any president in a very long time...

You really need to get away from CNN and find somewhere that will tell you what is going on.....  That so called child torture was actually set up by the Obama administration and greately aggravated by the 9th ckt's decisions and congress's failure to change the situation.....     DHS has it's hands tied unless you really just want to let people come across the border openly...….    and if we did do that who would take care of them????

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Okay. I am back in.   I want to clear something up here. When I posted saying that 

Well  I guess it is all a matter of what a person thinks is a good thing........ect ect 

I was not trying to be a jerk.  What I meant was "good things Trump dose" can be a matter of opinion.   So to word what I said differently. If you are in favor of rolling back regulations on air and water pollutants and for the other thing that I said. Then you would see Trump as doing what is good. I am not trying to offend here. But just pointing out that what you see as good things may not be the same as what I see as  good things.  That's the point I was trying to make. I just should have picked my words more carefully. Well I hope this clear things up.   Okay well then. Carry on.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Then you have wasted your time because Roe v. Wade is settled law and has been ruled constitutional. I wish people would take the time to understand how the legal system works.

In order to overturn Roe v. Wade you need to:

1. Get a case all the way through to the supreme court. (Good luck)

2. Get the supreme court to actually hear the case. They are not required to, and if they refuse then the lower court's decision is considered final.

3. In order to get a new ruling on the law you have to demonstrate that the earlier ruling was in error. (Good luck)

Even if you stacked the court with the most rabid anti-abortion judges in the country, they CANNOT reverse a previous ruling just because they don't like it. If they were to accept a case that they know had no legal merit to be heard, knowing they were going to reverse the old ruling those judges would be immediately impeached, the ruling would be nullified for being compromised AND they'd be removed from the bench. Such conduct would be a serious violation to their oath to be neutral and to the constitution.

If I may. It is my opinion that the "pro-life" stand (I cant think of what else to call it) is put out there by Republicans to get the Evangelical vote.  When I first turn 18. It was drilled into me by church people that we have to vote for "pro-life" candidate so that we can end abortion. Now here I am nearly 20 some years later and abortion is sill taking place. Yet it is still be drilled into me by church people that we have to vote "pro-life" so we can end abortion.  I am beginning to think it is all a scam to get votes. That and the fact that making abortion illegal dose not stop abortions. It just makes them illegal. But that is for another topic.