LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well here is a topic to get everyone going. It also explains why I think the way I do about certain subject.   According to a study published in Christianity Today, people who say they read the Christian Bible frequently are far more likely to support liberal policies, when compared to those who read the Bible less often.  See link below and feel free to share your thoughts on what you think about all of this.  I do not mean this to be a political topic. More of a Bible topic.  

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/12/warning-actual-bible-reading-likely-to-turn-you-into-a-liberal-study-shows/?fbclid=IwAR22faJFn-2lRodK6PydleECqIvw8ZQDM5fE04eDlR8fkBET4bXIMgG3KnI

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I do not think that paper supports Christians, maybe they support liberal churches. Also this was in U.K.. What have you found in the Bible that is "not true"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

Well as one who reads the Bible daily and is a conservative (mainly) I think the article/survey is bogus. 

I think the Bible pushes me more to the right side of the spectrum than I'd be if I didn't read it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I do not favor that mag.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

This is a very anti-Christian and anti-church website.  They are out to "get" Christians.

I wouldn't put stock in anything they say at all.  The choose the very worst of things that Christians, conservatives, and the church says and does and stamps it as the "norm".  Just go to their home page.

Oh,....and the more I read the Bible, they more conservative I get and the more I feel set apart from the world.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

41 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

According to a study published in Christianity Today, people who say they read the Christian Bible frequently are far more likely to support liberal policies, when compared to those who read the Bible less often

Hi LadyKay,
I read and study the bible daily and I'm very conservative. Personally, I love reading His word to draw near to God and get direction for my life.  Again, speaking for myself I don't support many of the liberal policies pushed out currently. But I guess articles can claim many things and collect data from sources that will support whatever they are writing about.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The term liberal is different in the us than it is in british countries, according to folks Ive talked to in the uk and australia. 

As far as the us goes ... reading the bible and growing in faith has made me more conservative, not liberal. I do not support the liberal mindset one sees in the prominent democrat politicians. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Those surveys can be slanted so as to get the results they look for.  I read my Bible daily without a guide and have grown more conservative as a result and would uphold the death penalty, the protection of our borders, and discourage entitlements.  Jesus may have been liberal for his day, in comparison to the Pharisees, but not for today.  He was very conservative morally and would have been persecuted on every college campus.  He would have opposed abortion, He would have told people that if you don't work, you can't eat, He would have chewed out our congress big time for their lack of moral character, and preached repentance in most of our major cities including LA, Chicago, NewOrleans, San Farancisco, Seattle, etc that consider themselves liberal and progressive and condone sin.  Moreover, reading the book of Nehemiah He would have shamed us into helping to build the walls.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

C.S. Lewis wrote that a Christian Society would be “leftist.” 

Billy Graham was a pro-life Democrat.

Most people I know that read the Bible are pro-life Independent and didn’t vote in the last presidential election.

It’s not clear to me what conservatism is in this generation. Guns, taxes and pro-life I guess. Oh and anti-LGBT.

Family values and integrity seem to have disappeared. Love thy neighbor seems to annoy Conservatives now.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well here is a topic to get everyone going. It also explains why I think the way I do about certain subject.   According to a study published in Christianity Today, people who say they read the Christian Bible frequently are far more likely to support liberal policies, when compared to those who read the Bible less often.  See link below and feel free to share your thoughts on what you think about all of this.  I do not mean this to be a political topic. More of a Bible topic.  

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/12/warning-actual-bible-reading-likely-to-turn-you-into-a-liberal-study-shows/?fbclid=IwAR22faJFn-2lRodK6PydleECqIvw8ZQDM5fE04eDlR8fkBET4bXIMgG3KnI

If we obey the teachings of the Lord, found in the Bible, doesn't that, by definition, make us conservative?