IGNORED

Will God give seven days warning before the Rapture as He warned Noah ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I am free to bring up points - so are you.

Ask a question; I will do my best to answer it.  I really try not to miss questions.

If we are "very close" how could you write " I agree that Revelation is a "two telling" like Genesis."

Please show us the first telling vs the second telling.

Please, SHOW US a prewrath parenthesis?

Could you agree with this: Any event listed in a given chapter of Revelation will come AFTER the events of a previous chapter, and before the events of a later chapter. the only exception would be a parenthesis.

I repent of putting works in your mouth. Perhaps we will find, you really are pretrib, but just choose to call yourself prewrath!

I agree with your prayer: Lord, if I am in error about things I write, I am certainly open to being corrected. Please help me read your word with no preconceptions. Amen.

The Bible contains countless chiasma, Genesis is a two-telling, it has been suggested that Revelation is the same. I agree with your statement regarding a parenthesis.

We've gone far afield from the basics, prewrath is simple, teachable. You've said for a number of my questions "The Bible doesn't say...", "Not sure when, but it must be that..." so let's agree to disagree. Feel free to have the last word here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Please find that "crisp" verse and show us. I want to see that.

that's the Sam paraphrase version of 2 Peter 3:12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

To make another comment on the subject: 

Naturally I don't know but, I have a gut feeling that those born again Christians who are watching and anticipating the Lord's return; may be given a sense or inclination the Rapture event is about to happen? Moreover, I further suspect each one of God's children will be personally called up by name. 

I'm sort of hoping if the Rapture happens in my lifetime; there's a few seconds or a minute or two to savor the moment, anticipate it and enjoy it before I receive my resurrected body. WOW! My mind can't fathom it, but I get excited just thinking about it...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

I find some truth in the idea. 

I also see determinism in the doctrine.

If we make a choice for Jesus, we confess He is the Lord and we believe God raised Him from the dead, then it seems to me we can also make a choice to turn away if we like. Not that we would. The option must be there if the choice for the Lord is free will action. 

Adam and Eve saw the Lord everyday. They made a choice to turn away and were punished for it, we all are.

If remain trusting the Lord in love and truth there is no outside influence that can remove us from His house, His care, and or His protection. Only a personal decision on the individuals part can do that.

So I guess the answer is yes. And no.

We do not have a lot in common do we?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, other one said:

that's the Sam paraphrase version of 2 Peter 3:12

ROFL! Good answer!

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

To make another comment on the subject: 

Naturally I don't know but, I have a gut feeling that those born again Christians who are watching and anticipating the Lord's return; may be given a sense or inclination the Rapture event is about to happen? Moreover, I further suspect each one of God's children will be personally called up by name. 

I'm sort of hoping if the Rapture happens in my lifetime; there's a few seconds or a minute or two to savor the moment, anticipate it and enjoy it before I receive my resurrected body. WOW! My mind can't fathom it, but I get excited just thinking about it...

Twice I have dreamed of the rapture, and both  times it was sudden: I was standing with someone and instantly I was up in the air and flying away rapidly! It was only dreams.

6 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

The Bible contains countless chiasma, Genesis is a two-telling, it has been suggested that Revelation is the same. I agree with your statement regarding a parenthesis.

We've gone far afield from the basics, prewrath is simple, teachable. You've said for a number of my questions "The Bible doesn't say...", "Not sure when, but it must be that..." so let's agree to disagree. Feel free to have the last word here.

I was hoping we could get more personal: that is, take a scripture (at a time) and wring out of what each of us sees. But if you wish to decline, feel free. 

I end up wondering: you have said over and over you are prewrath, you have made a very few statements to back up what you believe, but then say "we agree" on almost everything!  Perhaps you are just being "nice!"

Truthfully, I have never found even one hint of chiastic writing in Revelation. That is just another theory from someone that does not understand the book. John started where he was, around 95 AD, and continues from that point in time straight through the church age, then through the day of the Lord and 70th week, then through the 1000 year reign of Christ, and on into a new heaven and earth, and on into eternity.  It is writing in perfect order, with the exception of parenthesis. Of course there is a few verses of prophecy - foretelling events to come very soon, but not right at the moment the prophecy is given.

Edited by iamlamad

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Are you a lawyer? Maybe a politician! ROFL!
My answer is a very clear NO. OSAS is not truth.  Good point in free will. "whosoever WILL may come." if man "won't" then God won't force him. He may try to persuade people, as in Paul on the road to Damascus, or Jonah in the whale.

On the other hand, it is extremely difficult to get out from under God's saving grace. I think one would have to be a mature Christian.

Depends on how one defines OSAS. I think some define it as a safety net in case of bad behavior. "Oh well, no matter what I'm still saved." I see this as wrong. Well not just wrong, evil.

However, our salvation is assured through the promise of God, eternally so. If we are obedient to the law, Love God with everything you are and love your neighbor as yourself, then nothing can interrupt our salvation and God will never let anyone of us be lost. So then, OSAS is good and true.

It don't think this logic requires the skills of a scribe or a publican. The truth is written plainly and for all to see.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We do not have a lot in common do we?

I guess we don't know. We have only touched on a few subjects. I'm betting we would agree on a lot of ideas.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Believing verses in the bible is not doubting! I have faith God will never let go of me. I don't doubt that. But I cannot ignore all the verses Arminius uses to bring up.  I cannot ignore verses that say if we don't forgive then neither will God forgive us? I cannot ignore verses that say, for example, liars cannot get into heaven.

It would seem you think a true believer would never harbor unforgiveness. Or somehow you think a true believe can harbor unforgivenenss and still go to heaven. This is not any kind of lack of faith! It is the word of God!  it is just different verses than you use.

I Will let this stand as the last comment, But will say that the whole Calvinism Arminianism debate is virtually nullified when you differentiate between the faithful and the saints. This works on the whole free will debate as well. Conviction (Hearing, Romans 10:17) comes By God, Decision to receive His Gift comes from Human will, Election comes from God, Who decides if we are worthy to be sent (Romans 10:15). Someone can be sent and fall from that election but are still saved (1 cor. 5;5) Anyone who has the earnest of the Holy Ghost in them, cannot Lose that (2 Cor. 5:1-5) Whether we are found naked or clothed. Getting Philosophical here, Virtue is having the choice to do good or Evil, and choosing to do the good. Put another way, A gift is not received freely if it is forced upon someone by the point of a sword. And A gift is not a free gift if it can be taken away. 

• Thumbs Up 1