• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, lftc said:

Dear Mr Who Me,

once again I fear my writing was too succinct and I assumed too much connectivity.

When I wrote "Too bad no authority on earth is anywhere close to these.  Begs the question as to the origin of their authority."  The word "authority" in the second sentence refers to the same word in the first sentence.  To phrase it differently and hopefully communicate more completely:

Allow me to define a word "Rialtas" as any group on earth (such as civil governments) that defines and enforces rules.  After this when I use the term Rialtas i am referring to those groups.  Forgive, please, the loose definition.
I was observing that no Rialtas has rules (laws) that largely resemble the rules God gave in the 600+ commandmends which include the 10 commandments.  Rialtas don't even have laws including most of those first 10 Commandments.  Since these Rialtas are clearly NOT using the rules God gave, one wonders where Rialtas got their rules.

I am assuming that you are not saying that the current governments of the world have laws that comply with the Bible. So what that means is that I am asking basically the same things as you, with the exception that my question is leading while yours was a direct question to me.

If you are saying that the current governments of the world comply with the Bible, then I will revert to my previous statement that I fear it is too disruptive of a topic.  And way too long to start showing where the laws of various countries do not follow even the principles laid out in the Laws of Moses.

Does that make sense to you Who Me?

I understood you to be saying that the author of the 10 commandments was unclear or unknown.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TraceMalin said:

Sociologically, that's been attributed to the decline of the middle class. The wealthy and the poor have historically demonstrated less morality, but the middle class was the controlling group for morality in America. They attended church and balanced prosperity with charity. They were the demographic corporations, TV and radio aimed to please.

So true, the "Christian" middle class is fulfilling prophecy:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!  Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink: 
Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
  Isa 5:20-23

And they are still attending church, ...but:

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:  2 Tim 3:5

Lord bless

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Who me said:

I understood you to be saying that the author of the 10 commandments was unclear or unknown.

Thanks for bringing that up.  I want all to know that I firmly believe that God Most High is the author of the scriptures, including the law books.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/1/2019 at 12:51 AM, Melinda12 said:

Is God telling us that revenge is not our business? What is He saying about crime and punishment? 

I guess u hv told us so.