• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, nzkev said:

Many do I was warned multiple times from almost day 1, and have seen it 

I meant to say something about this.  People do attack all of the forums.  I know they are all under attack.  I just meant John doesn't meet with anyone to plot against others, at least not with me.  He might have acted alone?  Who knows?  I know he felt like he was falsely accused.  I have heard his version of what happened.  Still, I think he has gotten past that, at least I think so.

I am just a regular member at Christian Forums.  I don't know of any plots there against other message boards.  I think everyone is content to mind their own business.  

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 minute ago, Alive said:

It may sound strange to folks, but it’s not so much the scriptures that convince me...but the Lord I have come to know. And a bigger picture that is between the lines of the words.

I don't know what to tell you.  I have a relationship with the Lord and don't see it like you, and I have no reason to question that you are saved.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, Who me said:

To aspects that those who want to shut the OT out of the church always ignore.

1/ We are commanded to obey Jesus. How does he want us to obey him? By keeping his commands.

What are his commands?  guess what..... the 10 commandments.

2. Paul in romans talks about the law, about how it does not save, but how it leads people to Jesus and because of this, 'we up hold the law.'

As long as a believer is "living for the Lord", including keeping the 10 commandments, to please God, and because this is "righteous living", then theologically, things are fine.

But the instant a believer begins to believe that they can lose their salvation if they dont maintain a certain LIST, within THEIR personal belief system... and this list will always include the 10 Commandments... so, once this has happened in their mind, that they now believe that their lifestyle and commandment keeping is what gets them into heaven. (or NOT).....=   So what has happened is that they are now trusting in this LIST and their LIFESTYLE to keep them saved.  This is self-righteousness...... And once you do that........once you have gone into this belief system, you are no longer trusting in Christ, and you have "fallen from Grace".

If you are born again, you are not lost if this has happened to you, but you have become your own savior.  You are now on the cross saving yourself by your lifestyle and your commandment keeping and your obsession with trying to tell every other believer they also have to do it also.  And ONCE YOU GO THERE< Once this has become your faith, then this is what you will PREACH..... and  you have now become  Galatians 1:8.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

2 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I haven't been here all that long, but I have been here long enough to see that those on both sides of the OSAS debate have their minds made up.  I think it would make sense to stop putting so much attention on what divides everyone and focus on learning what is pleasing to God.  It seems to me that most here do want to please God.  Why waste so much energy on OSAS?   Just focus on being a good disciple.  I wonder if that is possible?

When I first got saved I believed you could still be lost. Even though I read that God would no longer count our sins against us, and that we are justified or counted righteous on the merit of faith in Christ. In my mind I thought ‘how can this be? This sounds unbelievable’. Over time I came to understand that Jesus paid it all, and because of him I am Justified by God himself. That is his final judgment for all who believe in Christ.

Act 13:38  Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Act 13:39  And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Rom 8:33  Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Behold said:

As long as a believer is "living for the Lord", including keeping the 10 commandments, to please God, and because this is "righteous living", then theologically, things are fine.

But the instant a believer begins to believe that they can lose their salvation if they dont maintain a certain LIST, within THEIR personal belief system... and this list will always include the 10 Commandments... so, once this has happened in their mind, that they now believe that their lifestyle and commandment keeping is what gets them into heaven. (or NOT).....=   So what has happened is that they are now trusting in this LIST and their LIFESTYLE to keep them saved.  This is self-righteousness...... And once you do that........once you have gone into this belief system, you are no longer trusting in Christ, and you have "fallen from Grace".

If you are born again, you are not lost if this has happened to you, but you have become your own savior.  You are now on the cross saving yourself by your lifestyle and your commandment keeping and your obsession with trying to tell every other believer they also have to do it also.  And ONCE YOU GO THERE< Once this has become your faith, then this is what you will PREACH..... and  you have now become  Galatians 1:8.

The problem starts when a believe begins to imagine that there salvation has anything to do with them, their faith or actions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I would love for us all to move past this.  Focus on simply learning to follow Jesus.  The real born again believers should want that.  Wouldn't it be nice to stop with all the strife?

So friend, who will take the first step?   Who will stop posting rebuttals to another member's posts?   That is the only way the strife will stop.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

So friend, who will take the first step?   Who will stop posting rebuttals to another member's posts?   That is the only way the strife will stop.

I am suggesting everyone simply quit starting threads on it.  There must be a dozen, and stop turning every thread into OSAS. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

The enemy inside (old man) and the Enemy outside (Satan) will continue to delay (but can never hinder -Mat 24:24Mar 13:22) many believers from understanding the growth-truth upon which all growth-truths are supported--the doctrine of the permanency of faith and salvation. Where the misconception of this truth exists, there is nothing on which to grow. Believers can vary in their understanding on any growth truth, because they are teachings unrelated to receiving salvation. But salvific truth, which are teachings that brings one to faith and salvation cannot very.

As it has been well said, "Unity in all things essential (salvation "through faith" only in Christ), liberal in all things nonessential (not essential for receiving salvation but are essential for growing in the faith, as there is no growth in salvation because it admits in only one degree--full-on), but charity in all things!

Edited by WordSword
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I am suggesting everyone simply quit starting threads on it.  There must be a dozen, and stop turning every thread into OSAS. 

Very true.  But they feed on feedback, similar to trolls.  The more you give - the more they spout.  Their fruit is clear to see in their choice of words though... 

But let them have the "last word" and make their bold statements and insults. Let them have it.  But don't join them in their many thoughtless words, for...

He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a clam spirit ~ Proverbs 17:27

Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him ~ Proverbs 29:20  

It's so easy to get ensnared by provocative posters, who don't walk in love.  Therefore, bite your tongue, listen to the Spirit within, turn in peace, and let them claim all the victories they want. ;)

I hope you receive this with the heart it was written, my friend.  I had to learn this lesson in the forum too!

Love & Shalom to you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I haven't been here all that long, but I have been here long enough to see that those on both sides of the OSAS debate have their minds made up.  I think it would make sense to stop putting so much attention on what divides everyone and focus on learning what is pleasing to God.  It seems to me that most here do want to please God.  Why waste so much energy on OSAS?   Just focus on being a good disciple.  I wonder if that is possible?

"For lack of wood the fire goes out, And where there is no whisperer, contention quiets down."

• Well Said! 2