• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, WordSword said:

Not to personally conflict with what you're sharing, and only for the sake of seeking truth, I would like to point out that God demonstrates we should not attempt to live by what He has "taken away" (Heb 10:9):  Jesus said, "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves" (Mat 23:15).

Blessings!

Jesus also said in Matthew 23:2-3, The Scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:  All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works:  for they say and do not.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

It makes me laugh when people say "Judaizers"

What makes Christians think that any Jew is interested in converting one of them to Judaism?   Hah, ridiculous.

If you think “ that’s” funny, you’re gonna LOVE this.......Some people don’t even know what the word “Judaizer” means! A Judaizer isn’t trying to convert a Christian.....he is trying to “ destroy” a Christian by convincing them that a simple belief in the Gospel is not enough to save.....thereby  calling Jesus a liar ..... a person that preaches “ Jesus Saves.....BUT!” Is a Judaizer......Personally, I fail to see the humor in that....

• Oy Vey! 1

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If you think “ that’s” funny, you’re gonna LOVE this.......Some people don’t even know what the word “Judaizer” means! A Judaizer isn’t trying to convert a Christian.....he is trying to “ destroy” a Christian by convincing them that a simple belief in the Gospel is not enough to save.....thereby  calling Jesus a liar ..... a person that preaches “ Jesus Saves.....BUT!” Is a Judaizer......Personally, I fail to see the humor in that....

The person teaching a Christian can commit 1000 acts of rape and murder a day and get to heaven without repenting is a danger to everyone.  With a heaven full of people like that, they better have a huge police force and lots of prisons.

• Oy Vey! 1

By the way, the word Judaiser is not found in the KJV Bible, so it doesn't matter to me how it is defined.

3 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Where was this said or written? Who makes such a claim?

Bloodbought did.

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

I don't see it. Can you show me where he did?

Go to theology section and the soteriology subsection, thread Jesus Plus Nothing.

7 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I don't see it. Can you show me where he did?

I would never make something like that up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

The problems come in when born again believers resurrect the old man and his ways rather than walk in the Spirit.  IF you walk in the Spirit, you are not under the curse of the law.  The law remains for those who refuse to walk in newness of life.  They are under the curse of the law whether they acknowledge it or not.

You can't resurrect the old man. He is dead. That is the point of the death on the cross. You can walk according to the dictates of the flesh. A very different thing. The important thing is to understand the awesome wonder and power of what the Father wrought in Christ and in us.

Its only then that we can move on from the old...when our minds are renewed to the point of walking in 'true freedom'.

This is a very different thing. We have been set free from the 'law' of sin and death. The law and flesh are dead things to the mind that is set on Christ and walks after the Spirit.

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

You can't resurrect the old man. He is dead. That is the point of the death on the cross. You can walk according to the dictates of the flesh. A very different thing. The important thing is to understand the awesome wonder and power of what the Father wrought in Christ and in us.

Its only then that we can move on from the old...when our minds are renewed to the point of walking in 'true freedom'.

This is a very different thing. We have been set free from the 'law' of sin and death. The law and flesh are dead things to the mind that is set on Christ and walks after the Spirit.

If you are born again, you are set free from sin's bondage, so you shouldn't still be doing the deeds of the flesh.  They lead to death.  

You can resurrect the old man.  You can't compare spiritual with natural or a new  birth is not possible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,161
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Just to summarize my opinion, Jesus’ perfect fulfillment of the Law was not to credit His righteousness in the Law to believers, but to manifest His qualification of being the perfect, spotless sacrifice for us, and to manifest that He is the only One righteous. The righteousness with which believers are imputed is from the righteousness He has always possessed; which does not derive from works (He didn't need to do the works of the Law to be righteous but to manifest that He is righteous), but are always part of being Divine, and is why righteousness, holiness, etc. have to be imputed, because these attributes of God are incommunicable to man and must be imputed (credited).