IGNORED

Ouija Boards and spirits

I feel strongly everyone should leave all such things -the occult, mediums, tarot cards etc alone. Never get involved. 

Yet people think it is fun, harmless or even compelling if newly bereaved and wishing to contact the dead. 

It is so unwholesome on every level. Why meddle with forces one knows nothing about. They are never going to be good news! The Bible warns us but our own logic should anyhow. Why consult the dead about anything. 

People seem amazed that mediums can tell them true things. Yes they can i have been to one a long time ago before i knew better. The forces she was in touch with are very very real. I have also sensed bad spirits a few times when i first became a christian. They are here but cannot harm us if we focus on Jesus Christ and our faith in the light and power of God. It is essential to pray for help. 

At this season of Halloween people are celebrating all things evil. Why? Children and adults think it is fun. It's really not. We as followers of Christ know that. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Like you said they are things you should never get involved with.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

All the more reason for church youth groups to run alternative parties at this time of year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I agree, the occult is nothing to mess with.   

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

Halloween is a distinctly American holiday. Whatever its proposed origins it has become a folklore holiday. You can find as many scholarly articles claiming Halloween was entirely Christian as you can find scholarly articles claiming it has pagan roots. Now, I'm talking about legitimate scholarly articles by historians and folklorists who have Ph.D.'s in their fields and not opinion pieces by journalists and ministers. However, journalists and ministers are also in disagreement about Christian vs. pagan origins. Whatever the source, most Americans know nothing about Pope Gregory III or Samhain (pronounced sow-in). What is true is that neither God, nor the Devil, nor false idols are being worshiped on Halloween. It's a secular holiday that blended many traditions of Europe, Native Americans, and both Northern and Southern cultures. 

Only those participating in witchcraft or the occult are engaging in sinful activity. Satanists are the extreme and just about everything Satanists practice has been a growing offshoot of Anton Szandor LaVey's (real name Howard Stanton Levey) Church of Satan established in San Francisco in 1966. I have to laugh at the notion of an upside down cross being Satanic because church tradition has been that Peter was crucified upside down out of humility. (Source: apocryphal Acts of Peter). LaVey was a con artist, whose entire life was a lie, according to his daughter. I guess that would make him a great Satanist, since Satan is the Prince of Lies. LaVey founded his church on the Catholic feast of Walpurgisnacht, which celebrates a Catholic mother superior, Saint Walpurga, who was canonized in 870 by Pope Adrian II. LaVey declared one's birthday to be the most important day of the year in Satanism, Walpurgisnacht as the founding day of the Satanic church, and Halloween to be the three holidays Satanists would celebrate. Modern Satanism has nothing to do with any ancient rituals. It's all popular culture. 

American Halloween is a masquerade party carried from door to door that celebrates early American folklore. For adults, it might be a night of watching horror movies or going to a commercially operated haunted house or haunted hayride. The most popular Halloween costumes for kids based on a retail marketing survey are: 1. Princess 2. Marvel or DC superheroes 3. Spider-Man 4. Avengers superhero 5. Batman 6. Witch 7. Ghost 8. Vampire 9. Frozen princesses Anna or Elsa 10. Pirate

If you want to make something evil, you can make it evil. For example, JTC has posted that he believes smoking is a sin because of the addictive properties and the health issues. If you subscribe to that school of thought, then candy is just as bad because of the sugar content and related health issues. We can take that further and claim if you are not eating in such a way that maximizes your health and prolongs the life God gave you, you are being sinful. That means we would have to watch our caloric, fat, and protein intake, maybe go vegan, never drink a Coca-Cola, a Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte, or eat a croissant. As a personal trainer, I could create an entire ministry based upon those beliefs. Colossians 2

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 

https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween

Halloween may have pagan roots to some, Christian roots to others, but it is simply an American tradition far removed from ancient Celtic festivals, Catholic holidays, and anything other than some of the most fun we ever had as kids. Those who practice the occult don't just do it on Halloween. Trick or Treating isn't a sin. Trying to conjure up the dead on Ouija board certainly is. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

8 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I feel strongly everyone should leave all such things -the occult, mediums, tarot cards etc alone. Never get involved. 

Yet people think it is fun, harmless or even compelling if newly bereaved and wishing to contact the dead. 

It is so unwholesome on every level. Why meddle with forces one knows nothing about. They are never going to be good news! The Bible warns us but our own logic should anyhow. Why consult the dead about anything. 

People seem amazed that mediums can tell them true things. Yes they can i have been to one a long time ago before i knew better. The forces she was in touch with are very very real. I have also sensed bad spirits a few times when i first became a christian. They are here but cannot harm us if we focus on Jesus Christ and our faith in the light and power of God. It is essential to pray for help. 

At this season of Halloween people are celebrating all things evil. Why? Children and adults think it is fun. It's really not. We as followers of Christ know that. 

I agree with you .We don’t celebrate Halloween .true followers of Christ know that.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

You're absolutely correct and I pray you're preaching to the choir on here [Worthy] so to speak. Surely Christians on here are not dabbling in the occult.

Demon's and fallen angels are just two classes of spiritual beings. We know angels can materialize as men [demons can not]; angels can eat and other things, and demons can not. Demons are body-less spirits seeking someone or something to occupy; to destroy and seek their desires of the flesh [the Bible is very clear on that]. Demons can not enter where the Holy Spirit abides, but can still influence.

I may be wrong but, I'm of the understanding a demon can not possess a person unless invited in and there is a void to be filled; through even seemingly harmless things unless on guard of their potential for demonic invitation. Ouija boards, occult mediums, Tara cards,  occult rock [i.e. KISS], horoscopes, demonic movies and much more are pathways to invite the occult into ones life. 

Yep, any participation with the occult or occult practices or rituals [dressing up as goblins, monsters, etc.] is not a wise thing to do. Trick or Treat? What do we suppose a 'trick' has in mind?

TRICK, n. L. tricor, to play tricks, to trifle, to baffle. We see the same root in the Low L. intrico, to fold, and in intrigue. Trick is from drawing, that is, a drawing aside, or a folding, interweaving, implication.

1. An artifice or stratagem for the purpose of deception; a fraudful contrivance for an evil purpose, or an underhand scheme to impose upon the world; a cheat or cheating. We hear of tricks in bargains, and tricks of state. ~ Websters 1828 dictionary

Timely post Melinda12, thank you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There are almost as many definitions of Halloween as there are people who participate in it.  Pagan it truly is as the costumes are centered around characters the wearer admires, be it an astronaut, policeman, super hero, or a creature of demonic influence.   Then there is the statement of trick or treat.  Interesting statement as it seems to be rooted in bribery.  Either you give me some candy or I will trick you somehow.  I know the kids don't go around doing bad stuff if they don't get candy, so the argument about the statement is moot, but then again, why such a statement I wonder?

Besides the teenagers, or immature people in general, there usually is no harm done by those who participate in the activity.  A little toilet paper on your tree or eggs thrown at your house is just about the extent of any damage involved, but still, even something as simple as this is not an example one desires their child to participate in.

Then there is also the word itself, Halloween.  In the pagan ways, it was a shortened word derived from All Hallow Eve.  To others is means weaning from all that is holy, where the changing is spelling is due to the father of lies to make it sound acceptable, as in the same lie the serpent said to Eve in the garden.

IS this day something we should be concerned with?  One must ask themselves if it is making someone stumble, someone who is weaker in their faith.  If Paul is willing to never eat meat again if it made a brother stumble, what should we, who are Christians, do with such a day?  Let each person be convinced in their own heart how to approach such a day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

33 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

You're absolutely correct and I pray you're preaching to the choir on here [Worthy] so to speak. Surely Christians on here are not dabbling in the occult.

But, unfortunately, some of us have way in the past before we knew better....            Melinda is correct in we should not be involved in any of that.

When I was in college I used a board with a young lady I was kind of dating....    the board told us we would get married and when that we would have kids....   girl first then a boy....   and when....   and that  my wife would develop an incurable desease and cut her life a bit short and would make our life difficult....  some other minor things but it did all happen just as the board said.

I thought it odd to say such things since neither of us was spouse shopping and neither of us thought the board was anything but a silly game.

We finally left the board but the damage was done to me...     After neither of us were touching any part of the board I just whispered "are you for real" and the puck moved itself to cover the Yes area of the board.....   and I picked up a demon hitchhiker for the next ten years or so.    And that is a really long ugly story that I don't get into.

And what I find rather disturbing is that there are some churches using the board with a new name and supposedly are getting in touch with angels to answer questions and offer advice....   Gods angels don't interface with us that way.   The Holy Spirit covers that for us.    Occasionally one might drop by to help you out of a bad situation but not to talk to you through some board....

• Thanks 1