• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Sorry... :b: Okay, well it wasn't a bad topic for while. I'll just go and sit in the 'time-out corner' now. 

:24:

21 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Sounds maybe silly but is it? 

Seems to me the lyrics and images are set against that which is of God. Heavy metal especially. Also the attitudes towards love and sex. 

A friend of mine who is really into it says i am fussing about nothing. It's all just a show he says and fun. Yet the lyrics are full of bad words, anger and dark thoughts as far as i can perceive.

Music is a huge part of life and relaxation but it also heavily influences, especially young minds. Surely young boys into rock are shaped by that which they listen to daily.

Heavy metal music and lyrics are different now than what the were in my college days and after ('60s, '70s & '80s).  There are no bands like Rush, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Bad Company, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Uriah Heep, Triumph, et al.

I was a fan of Motown but not the Beatles or the Rolling Stones.  Never into Satanism.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

It's okay, @LadyKay. You had no way of knowing that metal was my adolescent gateway into Satanism. I shouldn't take offense in the first place so in all honestly it's me and not you with the problem here. I'm sorry for assuming the worst of you. 

This is one of the most encouraging posts I've seen in years, thanks.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

I also was subject to the 80s metal scene, it was my life music was my escape and looking back it did open a gateway to the enemy.

Satan used music and still does, the metal would lead to parties in graveyards listening to lyrics trying to find satanic realism in art books 

Be careful what you put in, it might seem harmless but I had friends commit suicide, I felt as though I was under spiritual attack all the time 

I would date girls one time when my gf and I left her parents house they all swore they saw a shadow fly across the living room and up the chimney

i had this shadow man show up from time to time in the company of friends we were sitting in a car when the driver said “ hey chill somebody’s walking up on us” it was 2am he hit the brake lights and no one was there when he took his foot off the brake shadow man was standing at the back window looking at the girl in the backseat we all saw him and she literally freaked out

Music can open doorways, I like old time hymns and I fall asleep listening to sermons, fill yourself with good until it overflows, beware of the wrong music because what you put in “ might come back to haunt you”

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

The genre covers a lot of different material. I would say most "rock" music at the basic level is just boys chasing girls and unfortunately sex.

On the metal end of things we have very aggressive music that frankly fits the testosterone of younger and some older males. Much of it is against something or has to do with aggression of some kind. I mean, if a person isn't allowed to ever get upset or feels they can't for any reason, this is a good outlet or so they think. They can get 'upset' through their music. 

On the dark end of metal this is surely demonic with some songs even conjuring and imitating demons. The album covers don't leave much to the imagination.

While I have gotten away from most rock I sometimes like to get that sound and add christian lyrics. My stuff isn't really that aggressive compared to other metal or rock. I'll post a few I did. The first one is more "rocky" than the second one. The second gets more rocky toward the middle.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Starise said:

The genre covers a lot of different material. I would say most "rock" music at the basic level is just boys chasing girls and unfortunately sex.

On the metal end of things we have very aggressive music that frankly fits the testosterone of younger and some older males. Much of it is against something or has to do with aggression of some kind. I mean, if a person isn't allowed to ever get upset or feels they can't for any reason, this is a good outlet or so they think. They can get 'upset' through their music. 

On the dark end of metal this is surely demonic with some songs even conjuring and imitating demons. The album covers don't leave much to the imagination.

While I have gotten away from most rock I sometimes like to get that sound and add christian lyrics. My stuff isn't really that aggressive compared to other metal or rock. I'll post a few I did. The first one is more "rocky" than the second one. The second gets more rocky toward the middle.

No problem with me who has learn to not Judge things motivated by fear and the needs that impairs someone,s mind and they result to much control about everything.  

But not everyone is the same and they raised the flag.

But this can also be a teaching tool and for people who are allowed to believe in Jesus Christ and be bless whole loving or playing this kind of music. 

Like telling a pig farmer do not believe in Jesus Christ till you change means of making a living. 

God bless you while you are loving rock and roll. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Music is an outlet and expression for many emotions. The Psalms are full of them, including the imprecatory ones demanding justice on enemies.

I've always enjoyed and still enjoy most "radio" played rock from the 70's til 10's, but I was raised on '80's music.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

6 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

a lot depends on the rock music...there is a LOT of rock music that is about sex, drugs, and other unChristlike themes. But, theres also a lot of rock musoc that i would consider as "neutral" in that it doesnt promote unchristian stuff but neither does it really praise God. Its not sinful...but its not christian either.

And theres even a genre inside the genre of christian rock artists whose music is clean, wholesome, and uplifting to God. A couple of my favorite bands, Skillet and Red fall into this category. 

The genre of rock n roll is not in and of itself evil. What makes a song good or bad are the lyrics and intent behind the song, and that is true of any genre music out there, not just rock n roll.

Nothing wrong with country music either. The older country seems much better than some of the newer stuff. If I listen to it though I have to SLOW DOWN. Way down. Some of it is only a step away from lulliby music. Country rock OTOH is a bit lively. Though it isn't may favorite genre I like to sometimes dial in some of it because it relaxes me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/23/2019 at 2:41 AM, Melinda12 said:

Sounds maybe silly but is it? 

Seems to me the lyrics and images are set against that which is of God. Heavy metal especially. Also the attitudes towards love and sex. 

A friend of mine who is really into it says i am fussing about nothing. It's all just a show he says and fun. Yet the lyrics are full of bad words, anger and dark thoughts as far as i can perceive.

Music is a huge part of life and relaxation but it also heavily influences, especially young minds. Surely young boys into rock are shaped by that which they listen to daily. 

I agree with you. We are made from what we hear, see or experiment. In other words, we are what he eat, (whether in the body, soul and spirit).

• Thumbs Up 1