• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 hours ago, Episcopius said:

Another thing that can sometimes be aggravating, especially when combined with scripture-bombing, to me, is extensive QUOTING.

So someone posts a mile-long scripture Hiroshima, someone follows it who might want to comment on a small part of it, yet they use the QUOTE FEATURE to repeat the entire bomb, another commenter does the same, and I am just scrolling and scrolling down through the same list of scripture verses.

Amen. The Quote select feature is much more effective. That way portions can be emphasised without the need to scroll endlessly. 

1517618994_thumbsupsmiley.gif.d25dd61a6b6707764841e0d143b8c904.gif

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

One Light made the OP, started the thread for a purpose, ostensibly to get the bombers to stop.

Many people agree, but some said "I never tire of seeing scriptures posted".

I started making fun of the scripture bombing, I apologize if that was not "worthwhile", but now I liken the bombing to what used to happen on boards several years ago - people posting in ALL CAPS - it was discussed and now in general it is seen as SHOUTING, and doesn't happen much.

It is hard to do a message that can be construed as " YOU PEOPLE ain't living' right - you should post other than you do"

I don't really think it feasible to have a limit of scriptures in a post, like, extra work for moderators to monitor posts for this.  What I deem WORTHWHILE is simply creating AWARENESS, and maybe Scripture-Bombing will fade away like ALL CAPS stuff did long ago.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Episcopius said:

One Light made the OP, started the thread for a purpose, ostensibly to get the bombers to stop.

Many people agree, but some said "I never tire of seeing scriptures posted".

I started making fun of the scripture bombing, I apologize if that was not "worthwhile"

The purpose for the thread is for people to begin looking at how they reply to others.  Other issues have been also mention that nicely fit into this topic, like excessive quoting and all caps.  What also could be included is very large fonts, multi-colored responses, large quantity copy and paste articles, and I'm sure people can think of others.  Do any of these ever get the response they are looking for?  I doubt it as people do not respond well to what is seen as some sort of aggressive posting. It is so easy to just do what you want on a computer I think people have become careless and lazy at times, myself included.   If we would reread what we are going to post before hitting the Submit Reply button, seeing if what they are about to post is really what they want to clearly say, it would save a lot of time.  It would also show respect to those reading.  It is all just common courtesy combined with online ethics.

Thank you for your apology, it does mean a lot.

Edited by OneLight
added other ideas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

For Deb Only....the rest of you......SCRAM!!

1 The LORD spoke to Moses in the tent of meeting in the Desert of Sinai on the first day of the second month of the second year after the Israelites came out of Egypt. He said: 
2“Take a census of the whole Israelite community by their clans and families, listing every man by name, one by one. 
3 You and Aaron are to count according to their divisions all the men in Israel who are twenty years old or more and able to serve in the army. 
4 One man from each tribe, each of them the head of his family, is to help you. 
5 These are the names of the men who are to assist you: from Reuben, Elizur son of Shedeur; 
6 from Simeon, Shelumiel son of Zurishaddai; 
7from Judah, Nahshon son of Amminadab; 
8from Issachar, Nethanel son of Zuar; 
9 from Zebulun, Eliab son of Helon; 
10 from the sons of Joseph: from Ephraim, Elishama son of Ammihud; from Manasseh, Gamaliel son of Pedahzur; 
11 from Benjamin, Abidan son of Gideoni; 
12 from Dan, Ahiezer son of Ammishaddai; 
13 from Asher, Pagiel son of Okran; 
14 from Gad, Eliasaph son of Deuel;
15 from Naphtali, Ahira son of Enan.” 
16These were the men appointed from the community, the leaders of their ancestral tribes. They were the heads of the clans of Israel. 
17 Moses and Aaron took these men whose names had been specified, 
18 and they called the whole community together on the first day of the second month. The people registered their ancestry by their clans and families, and the men twenty years old or more were listed by name, one by one, 
19 as the LORD commanded Moses. And so he counted them in the Desert of Sinai: 
20 From the descendants of Reuben the firstborn son of Israel: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, one by one, according to the records of their clans and families. 
21 The number from the tribe of Reuben was 46,500. 
22From the descendants of Simeon: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were counted and listed by name, one by one, according to the records of their clans and families. 
23 The number from the tribe of Simeon was 59,300. 
24 From the descendants of Gad: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
25 The number from the tribe of Gad was 45,650. 
26 From the descendants of Judah: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
27 The number from the tribe of Judah was 74,600.
28 From the descendants of Issachar: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
29 The number from the tribe of Issachar was 54,400. 
30 From the descendants of Zebulun: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
31 The number from the tribe of Zebulun was 57,400.
32 From the sons of Joseph: From the descendants of Ephraim: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
33 The number from the tribe of Ephraim was 40,500.
34 From the descendants of Manasseh: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
35 The number from the tribe of Manasseh was 32,200. 
36 From the descendants of Benjamin: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
37 The number from the tribe of Benjamin was 35,400.
38 From the descendants of Dan: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
39 The number from the tribe of Dan was 62,700. 
40 From the descendants of Asher: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
41 The number from the tribe of Asher was 41,500. 
42 From the descendants of Naphtali: All the men twenty years old or more who were able to serve in the army were listed by name, according to the records of their clans and families. 
43 The number from the tribe of Naphtali was 53,400.
44 These were the men counted by Moses and Aaron and the twelve leaders of Israel, each one representing his family. 
45 All the Israelites twenty years old or more who were able to serve in Israel’s army were counted according to their families. 
46 The total number was 603,550. 
47 The ancestral tribe of the Levites, however, was not counted along with the others. 
48 The LORD had said to Moses: 
49 “You must not count the tribe of Levi or include them in the census of the other Israelites. 
50 Instead, appoint the Levites to be in charge of the tabernacle of the covenant law—over all its furnishings and everything belonging to it. They are to carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings; they are to take care of it and encamp around it. 
51Whenever the tabernacle is to move, the Levites are to take it down, and whenever the tabernacle is to be set up, the Levites shall do it. Anyone else who approaches it is to be put to death. 
52 The Israelites are to set up their tents by divisions, each of them in their own camp under their standard. 
53 The Levites, however, are to set up their tents around the tabernacle of the covenant law so that my wrath will not fall on the Israelite community. The Levites are to be responsible for the care of the tabernacle of the covenant law.” 
54The Israelites did all this just as the LORD commanded Moses.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 10/24/2019 at 7:05 AM, Neighbor said:

Sorry but; I find that I totally disagree with the presentation. My Lord and savior spoke and quoted the Bible He read  on numerous topics using "Bible bombing" quotes all in one presentation. He did so time and time again. He  used the Bible He read studied and loved when he made his presentations. One example is the sermon on the mount: 

You actually just proved onelights point. I literally stopped reading at the second paragraph once I realized the extreme length of your post.

Your not really reaching anyone online if no one's taking the time to read your posts. If we want to read a novel we will go to the library.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad, Dusty, if you enjoyed the perpetration of satirical deeds. 

My apology to OneLight still stands.

Edited by Buddy D. Mouse
Mistake

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

One thing ive noticed with some scripture bombers is that tend to use scripture to chronically condemn members.

I basically ignore such posts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I sometimes use bold or color to make my posts easier to read. I think some folks copy and paste but dont know how to make it plain text without the color background font or size differences.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Here's something relevant to the OP thread.

None of the "known" bombers have posted on it in almost two months of it's life....  :noidea:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,584
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, The_Patriot2019 said:

You actually just proved onelights point. I literally stopped reading at the second paragraph once I realized the extreme length of your post.

Your not really reaching anyone online if no one's taking the time to read your posts. If we want to read a novel we will go to the library.

..."A man walked down the street.

He says, "Why am I so short of attention?

Got a short little span of attention

And, whoa my nights are so long".... Paul Simon Lyric

As for me I love scripture! Cannot read nor hear enough for I am so often forgetful and in need.

My Lord and savior Jesus attended Temple three times a day to  pray read and study and learn scripture, so did  John And Peter and the rest of the Apostles.  Disciples hid in catacombs even to have the opportunity to  gather and share reading scripture three times a day.

Yet some (here) feel they cannot even be bothered to attend a church once a week and certainly will not read scripture on a message board as they list their rants about how they are mistreated by Christians and have to face hypocrites at a church.  So they say they stay away,  and they lament on, pointing out things, as though pointing out is a service  in the name of God.

Can't bomb me enough with scripture. I have much need of it. I have many more enlightning "ahah!" moments reading scripture than I do reading  someone's bravado pronouncements on their AR 15. But to each their own. As for me I will cherish the scriptures and seek out meaning and application  for me in them.