• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Alive said:

Actually--I am a carpenter and pretty much all the trades....semi-retired.

I'm in the same boat.
I'll pray for you : )

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Sower said:

I agree with your statement, Servant. If I was in some kind of intense theological discussion/debate,
I will give as much context as warranted, if  I feel it necessary.
'Jesus wept' draws out a flood of emotions for me, not needing support from elsewhere.
Not trying to 'prove' something additional.

Often I use the story of people being stoned in the old testament for illustration of context.
I have to tell seekers it doesn't mean doing drugs, but getting executed. Context/understanding.
When I am simply discussion scripture with friends, or a seeker, I don't even quote chapter or verse.
Often can't remember it.
But that does not negate the truth/light that I'm trying to share.

As a carpenter, I can state confidently that a two by four # 2 yellow pine kiln dried stud
spaced sixteen inches on center will support a second story structure.
I cannot quote the page, chapter, or the code book, but I know it works as designed,
and will confidently advise someone asking for verification.

It's just some times the intense scrutiny applying rules of study overwhelms the
gist/purpose of the topic, and a new (off)topic of 'proper study/Hermeneutics entails.
I try to present/study truth simple and understandable.  (mostly for myself to understand).............
default_cool2.gif.3f25352eb084b402ee0e05aabad5f6e7.gif

The Word of God is always beneficial, but it is not always necessary. I shared a story recently of a boy who lived with his father---a pastor---and also, his uncle. The father spoke so much Scripture to the lad that he rebelled. When he turned 20, he went to his uncle and said, "I watched you uncle while I was  growing up, and you hardly spoke much at all about the Bible, but you lived it. You showed me what my father didn't, and because of you, today I want to give my life to Christ. A thousand pages of Scripture became like salt poured down a boy's throat, but a life of Christ lived drew him to the Lord. The wisdom to say what, when, is the best teacher. 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

The Word of God is always beneficial, but it is not always necessary. I shared a story recently of a boy who lived with his father---a pastor---and also, his uncle. The father spoke so much Scripture to the lad that he rebelled. When he turned 20, he went to his uncle and said, "I watched you uncle while I was  growing up, and you hardly spoke much at all about the Bible, but you lived it. You showed me what my father didn't, and because of you, today I want to give my life to Christ. A thousand pages of Scripture became like salt poured down a boy's throat, but a life of Christ lived drew him to the Lord. The wisdom to say what, when, is the best teacher. 

:thumbs_up:
Well done
is better than
well said....

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

This sort of thing shows that wisdom is present.

Thanks and praise the LOrd.

The Lord and our Father is capable of doing so much more than we can ask or think.

We are more than fortunate that these things are true.

You have shared this before and the testimony is a blessing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

26 minutes ago, Sower said:

I agree with your statement, Servant. If I was in some kind of intense theological discussion/debate,
I will give as much context as warranted, if  I feel it necessary.

I agree! This is what I was referring to, but not required for witnessing or just explaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

NOT BOMBS 

PSALM 7:11 GOD judgeth the righteous and GOD is angry with the wicked every day 

*******7:12 if he turn not HE will whet HIS sword HE hath bent HIS bow and made it ready --7:13--HE hath also prepared for him the instruments of death HE ordaineth ---HIS ARROWS--- against the persecutors******* 

JEREMIAH 15:16 thy words were found and I did eat them and thy word was unto me ---the joy and rejoicing of mine heart--- for I am called by thy name O LORD GOD OF HOSTS

ISAIAH 12:3 therefore with joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation 

JUDE 1:17 but beloved remember you the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our LORD JESUS CHRIST --1:18-- how that they told you there should be mockers in the last time ---who should walk after their own ungodly lusts 

MARK7:6 HE answered and said unto them well hath Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites as it is written --- this people honoreth ME with their lips but their heart is far from ME 

*******MARK 7:9 and HE said unto them full well you reject the commandment --OF GOD-- that you may keep your own tradition******* 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST