Ghosts

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"ghosts" of the dead, hauntings, and possessions are all evil spirits.  We are told not to tempt the Lord God, so going near these things is never a good idea.  No matter how much of a "super grand Christian" you think you are, a spiritual being is more powerful then a flesh person.  Christians will come with the reply they can rebuke the spirits, that may not be the case if you are seeking them out, the power to cast out demons come from God and if you are trying to ask God for power while breaking his law by tempting him being there he will probably allow you to get hurt by the spirit as a lesson to know your place and not think too highly of yourself.

Other warning I would give is rebuking demons/spirits, if you are in your own home and you are a Christian it is fine to cast out demons and they will stay gone.  But lots of problems come with Christians not having understanding when they cast out demons, because the Word of God tells us if we cast out a demon from a non-believer or their house, if they remain non-believers there is no presence of God to prevent the spirits coming back and they will come back 2x or even 3x worse then before. Having the Holy Spirit in us as we are the temple of God where the Holy Spirit dwells keeps the demons out, but if we move from God's grace with sin or others reject God, then they are open vessels to be possessed any time.

Matthew 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

Matthew 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Matthew 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Edited by Mal'ak

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I would think very carefully before ever trying to confront an evil spirit. Surely prayeris the best weapon we have? Please tell us or privately tell me of your experience. 

We do have a PM from four days ago, concerning this under the title: Occultism & Freedom From Bondage. The first draft was much more in depth and had a lot of detail to it, but unfortunately, the wrong touch of a key deleted it all. The redo did cover the basics, however.

I studied personally under a teacher from Great Britain who had a doctorate in divinity, and the subject of that particular part of the course was Demonology. This is why I have no fear whatsoever of evil spirits, and this came about from having undergone deliverance.