• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone can download the book Knowledge Of The Holy by   A.W. Tozer and read along. I will try to high light what each chapter is expressing and get your take on what's being said.

After reading the first chapter, I can see the writer is getting the attention of the church( which is the body of believers, each of us)
Sticking to the question at hand( What comes into your mind when you think about God?)

I believe the writer is expressing the need for us to cast aside all worldly views of God, and keep him in the biblical alignment of who he is. In order for us( the church) to be steadfast in him and not to sway by all that goes on within our lives and in the lives of everyone around us.

My thoughts on this is:
I find God to be the great I AM.

What this means to me is:

As your answers reflect: I Am your Abba Father. Everlasting father. I am Yahweh Nissi the protector and solid rock. I am El-Shaddai God Almighty. I am Elohim God of incredible power and might. I am Yahweh The Lord. I am God Most High, El Elyon. I am  El Roi The God Who Sees. I am Yahweh Yireh God the provider. I am  Jehovah Rapha The Healer. I am Yahweh Shalom The Lord Is Peace.I am  Adonai the God who is in charge. I am El Olam the God who is Eternal . I am is the God of everything we need.

Would anyone like for me to wait before I move to chapter 2 in order for Anyone to caught up and download the book to read along?

or is everyone ok with me moving forward and just giving highlights so everyone can add there take on each chapter question?

26 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Love.

? Great take.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Anyone can download the book Knowledge Of The Holy by   A.W. Tozer and read along.

The name sounds very familiar, and I'm curious as to whether he may have also collected a concise listing for an internet publication known as the Yiddish Dictionary. Some of the spellings vary as they can and do, but it was a good quick source of words, terms and short phrases. I had it saved on my old PC that bit the dust, so it will be a reminder for a new search on this one. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

The name sounds very familiar, and I'm curious as to whether he may have also collected a concise listing for an internet publication known as the Yiddish Dictionary. Some of the spellings vary as they can and do, but it was a good quick source of words, terms and short phrases. I had it saved on my old PC that bit the dust, so it will be a reminder for a new search on this one. 

A.W. Tozer was a very good teacher of God's word a long time ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I hope everyone who wanted to download the book was able to. I'm starting on chapter 2. I'll start a new thread for every chapter.

Thanks to everyone who read and participated in answering the question.

I hope you were all enlightened and encouraged to think upon God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,231
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere present.

• Loved it! 1

8 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere present.

Wonderful answer?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 hours ago, Revlori said:

Upon request of a friend, I'm reading a book 
Knowledge Of The Holy by   A.W. Tozer

As beginning upon the first chapter (Why We Must Think Rightly About  God )their is a question presented: 

What comes into your mind when you think about God?

I'd Like to present this question to all of you and ask if you'd Like to join in as together we go through this book, all our welcome to give their input, view, wisdom or opinion for each to learn, grow and reflect.

From the book:
Without doubt, the mightiest thought the mind  can entertain is the thought of God, and the weightiest word in any language is its word for God. Thought and speech are God’s gifts to creatures made in His image; these are intimately associated with Him  and impossible apart from Him. 

With that in mind, I'd like to hear your response to the question, What comes into your mind when you think about God?

Thanks for participating...May God bless you ?

Hi Revlori,

A word of caution regarding A. W. Tozer. He draws on pro-papacy and mystical resources in his works, and in so-doing contradicts his own assertions that the Word of God is to be our source for evangelism.

Tozer observes: "That evangelism which draws friendly parallels between the ways of God and the ways of men is false to the Bible and cruel to the souls of its bearers. The faith of Christ does not parallel the world, it intersects it. In coming to Christ we do not bring our old life up onto a higher plane; we leave it at the cross. The corn of wheat must fall into the ground and die." - A.W. Tozer, Man: The Dwelling Place Of God, 1946, Published 1966.

and yet he wanders off doing exactly what he considers "false to the Bible and cruel to the the souls of its bearers:

Mystic Sidetracks
Our author's indebtedness to the Catholic mystics of the Middle Ages becomes apparent to anyone who studies Tozer. He often does not bother to divulge precisely where his quotes are from, though whether by design or intentional neglect is hard to ascertain. Teresa of Avila, Nicholas of Cusa, Meister Eckhardt, the anonymous penman of "The Cloud of Unknowing", and several more, are called as testimonies for his pressing for the need for a closer walk with God. [Copied from Tozer RECONSIDERED ]

9 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Revlori,

A word of caution regarding A. W. Tozer. He draws on pro-papacy and mystical resources in his works, and in so-doing contradicts his own assertions that the Word of God is to be our source for evangelism.

Tozer observes: "That evangelism which draws friendly parallels between the ways of God and the ways of men is false to the Bible and cruel to the souls of its bearers. The faith of Christ does not parallel the world, it intersects it. In coming to Christ we do not bring our old life up onto a higher plane; we leave it at the cross. The corn of wheat must fall into the ground and die." - A.W. Tozer, Man: The Dwelling Place Of God, 1946, Published 1966.

and yet he wanders of doing exactly what he considers "false to the Bible and cruel to the the souls of its bearers:

Mystic Sidetracks
Our author's indebtedness to the Catholic mystics of the Middle Ages becomes apparent to anyone who studies Tozer. He often does not bother to divulge precisely where his quotes are from, though whether by design or intentional neglect is hard to ascertain. Teresa of Avila, Nicholas of Cusa, Meister Eckhardt, the anonymous penman of "The Cloud of Unknowing", and several more, are called as testimonies for his pressing for the need for a closer walk with God. [Copied from Tozer RECONSIDERED ]

Thank you my brother, I always use caution when reading anything or studying anything, as I study, I compare it with God's word and rely upon the Holy spirit. I have studied many religions and looked closely into teachings of many teachers, pastors and church's. I don't recommend this for everyone due to the fact that many can lead others astray, however I will use caution upon continuing to read and share anything with Anyone hear at worthy. I realize that I am accountable for what I do and say to others. I have been asked to read this and I will, for I do try and keep my word. I consider things like this to be A great experience for me. If it's false material, I consider it a blessing because i'm growing in the truth of God's word and discernment. If it's truth, I consider myself blessed to be forever learning and growing.

Thank you for your concern and sharing this with me, I appreciate people looking out for me and all those who are reading this as will.

God bless ?

• Thanks 1