• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Ineedhugs, what do you consider sin?  what to you think you have to do to be perfect?   It's kind of hard to know how to respond without knowing these things...…    you shouldn't be concerned about hell at all if you have made Jesus your Lord.

I consider any thought or action that is bad or impure a sin. So having sexual fantasies is a sin, not forgiving others is a sin, masturbation is a sin, getting drunk is a sin...…yeah lol lots of things are sins. Like I be perfect for 10 days or so then I just get strong feelings like 'oh as if I deserve hell for these things' and the people I know who aren't religious but are generally good people. I start thinking 'as if they deserve hell'....strong feelings like that come every 10 days or so. It's really hard to shake off.

I want to be a perfect Christian and assured of heaven but after 10 days it's like I become a different person :(. Weird. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Ineedhugs said:

I consider any thought or action that is bad or impure a sin. So having sexual fantasies is a sin, not forgiving others is a sin, masturbation is a sin, getting drunk is a sin...…yeah lol lots of things are sins. Like I be perfect for 10 days or so then I just get strong feelings like 'oh as if I deserve hell for these things' and the people I know who aren't religious but are generally good people. I start thinking 'as if they deserve hell'....strong feelings like that come every 10 days or so. It's really hard to shake off.

I want to be a perfect Christian and assured of heaven but after 10 days it's like I become a different person :(. Weird. 

I would disagree that thoughts are sins unless you either dwell on them excessively or God forbid act on them.....     The dark side will send things your way to push thoughts on you but if you don't act on them or dwell on them excessively it's really no big deal....

There is no excuse for not forgiving others for anything they may have done to you...…   even without them asking you to forgive so if you are doing that you should be seriously worried about it....    masturbation is a whole other thing that has many fascist but really shouldn't be discussed on an open forum.  There are young people here.

I would simply ask you if you have confessed with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord.....   and if you have did you really mean it?   If you have then when those thoughts come to you just tell yourself that isn't what you intend to be and put them aside and ask the Holy Spirit to rid your mind of them.    If you have confessed Jesus's Lordship and do believe that God raised him from the dead the Bible says that you definitely will be saved.....    You are considered a child of God...…    so when those thoughts and old desires pop up just remember who's son/daughter you are and straiten your crown and get on with life as a child of God.....   Remind Satan of his future and what your future is promised and tell him to leave you alone....

3 minutes ago, other one said:

I would disagree that thoughts are sins unless you either dwell on them excessively or God forbid act on them.....     The dark side will send things your way to push thoughts on you but if you don't act on them or dwell on them excessively it's really no big deal....

There is no excuse for not forgiving others for anything they may have done to you...…   even without them asking you to forgive so if you are doing that you should be seriously worried about it....    masturbation is a whole other thing that has many fascist but really shouldn't be discussed on an open forum.  There are young people here.

I would simply ask you if you have confessed with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord.....   and if you have did you really mean it?   If you have then when those thoughts come to you just tell yourself that isn't what you intend to be and put them aside and ask the Holy Spirit to rid your mind of them.    If you have confessed Jesus's Lordship and do believe that God raised him from the dead the Bible says that you definitely will be saved.....    You are considered a child of God...…    so when those thoughts and old desires pop up just remember who's son/daughter you are and straiten your crown and get on with life as a child of God.....   Remind Satan of his future and what your future is promised and tell him to leave you alone....

I guess I just have to pray more and ask the holy spirit for help...also I keep running back to god the next day so I'll try to keep that in mind next time I have doubts. No point losing faith when you know tomorrow you will regret it lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

The Bad News is that you must be “ perfect” all of your life to merit Heaven, and if you have just “ one” lustful thought in your life you are out of contention.If you break just One of the 613  Commandments, the Bible declares that you have broken them all. And you think you were “ sinless” for ten days ?

No need to deceive ourselves.....when Jesus said we must “ BE PERFECT”——- He MEANT it! The only way to “ be perfect” is to have “ perfection” IMPUTED to us . One obtains that imputed perfection when they believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the Tomb. That is the Gospel that saves . Rest in that Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4 ......It is the ONLY way to escape that Hell you are so rightly concerned about.....In the end you are gonna find out that it ain’t your behavior (God knows how to forgive and fine- tune that ) ......it’s your BELIEF. You do YOUR part— believe the Gospel , and let God do HIS Part—- “ Save To the uttermost all that come to Him through His Son, Christ Jesus.”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Bad News is that you must be “ perfect” all of your life to merit Heaven, and if you have just “ one “ lustful thought in your life you are out of contention.If you break just One of the 613  Commandments, the Bible declares that you have broken them all. And you think you were “ sinless” for ten days ?

No need to deceive ourselves.....when Jesus said we must “ BE PERFECT”——- He MEANT it! The only way to “ be perfect” is to have “ perfection” IMPUTED to us . One obtains that imputed perfection when they believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the Tomb. That is the Gospel that saves . Rest in that Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4 ......It is the ONLY way to escape that Hell you are so rightly concerned about.....In the end you are gonna find out that it ain’t your behavior (God knows how to forgive and fine- tune that ) ......it’s your BELIEF. You do YOUR part— believe the Gospel , and let God do HIS Part—- “ Save To the uttermost all that come to Him through His Son, Christ Jesus.”

Yes that's exactly why I want to be perfect. Cos the bible says repent of sins, be perfect, be blameless, be holy and be pure etc. I suppose if you are repenting then gods is changing you...I just wish it was easier. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nobody goes to Hell for “ getting drunk” or “having sex”. Hitler is not in Hell this evening because he killed six million Jews.Everybody in Hell has two things in common.....

1. Jesus died to pay the price for their sins.

2 They died not believing the above fact.

People will suffer the wrath of God for there sins unless they turn and receive christ.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

Yes that's exactly why I want to be perfect. Cos the bible says repent of sins, be perfect, be blameless, be holy and be pure etc. I suppose if you are repenting then gods is changing you...I just wish it was easier. 

You dont have to be perfect to be saved. Christ is our righteousness.  Then we are to grow in our walk with God. No one can be perfect without sin. If we confess our sins he will forgive us all our unrighteousness. It's a daily walk with God. He changes us bit by bit over time.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

The Repentance That Saves is TURNING TO GOD as a lost sinner who can’t do anything to merit Salvation but throw his  wretched soul over to the mercy of God with Faith in Jesus to save him.Once saved, a person with the Holy Spirit will automatically repent when he sins.....it Is a FRUIT that grows from your Salvation.... It is  NOT what saved you or KEEPS you saved.....the Faith in Jesus did that. Repenting to maintain one’s Salvation is a dead work......putting your Faith in the Doctrine Of Lucky Repentance,whereby if you are not “ lucky” enough to to have the memory and the time to ask  for forgiveness between the time you bump your head  and say **** and the time you die, you are bound for Hell. That is an insult to the Sacred Blood Of Christ.For the sake of many here at Worthy, I hope it is not a Salvation issue. Many here have fallen for that favorite Lie of Satan that has many people lacking assurance in their Salvation and living in a false fear.....crippling their “Faith” although that erroneous  thinking may indicate they  do not even have True Faith to begin with.....The Gospel proclaims that Jesus DIED for those sins, remember? Jesus was One that John declared, “ taketh away the sins of the world”. Jesus was “ the Once and for all Sacrifice for Sin” Why is your Salvation depending  on repenting of a sin that has been fully paid for and “ forgotten.” You call that Faith? It’s hedging your bets— the opposite of Faith. “ Without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God” As Luther said, “ These types know NOTHING  about Faith, yet persist in the thinking that they can teach it!” Hogwash.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

maybe I should just rely on gods word and not lean on my own understanding, as the bible says, in psalms I think. The bible says that gods existence is evident through creation. As in how did this complex well-made universe get here. The best explanation is super-intelligence. That's in the bible and there is also the eye-witness accounts of Jesus life and those who had interactions with god. The concept of hell based on my own understanding is absurd but my understanding is extremely limited.

I should just the read the bible, do what it says and trust in god because he has all the answers. Unbelief in god is without excuse because of the bible and what's been made. Sounds good.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

2 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

I want to be a perfect Christian but these strong gut feelings keep making me lose faith.....any ideas on how to help?  

Ineedhugs,

The problem with this is that no one in this earthly life can be perfect no matter how much effort you put into it. Only Jesus has that perfection and is sinless, which is why we are to put our trust in His atoning death for our sins. Relying on yourself and not Jesus is setting up yourself for lots of frustration, doubt and failure. Also, if you focus on what God's Word says in the Bible you will see how he wants us to come to Him as children. Humble and needing his righteousness. I believe that hell is a very real place that all unbelievers will go to for eternity. God is the Creator and He is perfect and he has outlines for us what is considered sin and evil. He judges righteously.  There is no such thing as little sin vs a big sin in God's eyes.  I suggest continuing to pray to the Lord asking Him to strengthen you in the faith so that you won't question His Word which is truth and move forward in your walk.