missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

It looks like Donald Trump will soon be impeached. What do you think about that?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,355
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It looks like Donald Trump will soon be impeached. What do you think about that?

No, he won't be removed from office, I think.   There must be a Senate trial first according to the news.   Also, I understand Republicans are in charge of the Senate.

The Democrats just didn't like him and have been against him since day one.   

I watched the proceedings yesterday and it was good to hear the various Republicans call the Democrats out on what they are doing.

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

He was impeached yesterday.  That means charges were brought against him by the house - Democrat controlled.

There will be a trial in the Senate - Republican controlled - probably in January, maybe February.  He will be tried and either acquitted or  convicted.

My prediction?  The Republicans will acquit him and he will be re-elected by a landslide.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Well I see it like.. I was around for Nixon, Clinton and they had crimes against both. The house, Dems and Rep agreed. Here I saw when this started Dems and Rep said NO at 1st. I then saw only Dems vote and then saw Dems and Rep vote no. And also no crimes what so ever. And having to rush this to only hold on to them when its never been done ever in our history. 

I know for fact what our fathers of this nations wanted and didn't want. This is exactly what they never wanted to happen. Where only one side gets a voice. When the exact same Dems today are doing what they said should never be done. This never gets talked about on some news networks. When the leader of the Dems told us she would never do this unless? Yeah.. she lied and? For some ITS OK! So how many Rep voted to impeach? None. What high crimes did president Trump do? Do we have J-walking? Speeding? Anything? Nope. So why is this going anywhere? And when we hear "we can impeach him as many times as we want". I think ALLOT even TRUMP ... we best be praying for them and wisdom. Praise God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Trump will be acquitted by the senate and just go on doing the things that he dose. With this acquittal Trump will believe that he can do whatever he wants and that he will do.   That is what I think will happen. I will be very surprised if I am wrong about this. I do hope that I am wrong. For the sake of our country. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly, US politics have degenerated into just two parties fighting each other. They are more concerned about pushing their political dogma than solving problems. It should not be about left versus right, not Democrats versus Republicans but solving problems and ensuring a prosperous future. As long as this political partisanship continues, the US suffers as it is a house divided.

Democrats will vote as their leaders instruct them, and the same applies to the Republicans. I see very few who actually take their vows of office seriously and will vote based on the Constitution, only party lines.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

On 12/19/2019 at 2:42 PM, missmuffet said:

I don't think that will happen...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:42 AM, missmuffet said:

No sure who is telling you this?

But i very much doubt He will be impeached.. They need 2/3rds of the senators to vote for His impeachment and the republican party holds the majority of the seats in the senate.. So how on earth are the democrats going to get those republican senators to vote for the impeachment of a republican president????????

Seems like a delusion of the democrats that they are going to succeed in impeaching Trump..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, Adstar said:

No sure who is telling you this?

But i very much doubt He will be impeached.. They need 2/3rds of the senators to vote for His impeachment and the republican party holds the majority of the seats in the senate.. So how on earth are the democrats going to get those republican senators to vote for the impeachment of a republican president????????

Seems like a delusion of the democrats that they are going to succeed in impeaching Trump..

Time will tell won't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Time will tell won't it?

I suspect it is a case of what Media one is being subjected to that causes a lot of people to believe one way or another if Trump will be impeached.. I am not subjected to a lot of US media because i live in Australia..

But even in Australia we have more pro Trump and more anti Trump factions within the Aussie media.. For instance if i only listened to the ABC ( Australian Broadcasting Commission ) TV and Radio i would be under the impression that Trump is finished and the only thing left is for the hammer to fall and Trump to be arrested and charged with other charges and he will soon be in prison..

But if one watches say the SKY network in Australia one would believe the attempt to impeach trump was a failed venture from the very start and only just a desperate ploy by anti Trump forces in the USA to try and smear Trump with the 2020 election in mind..

The delay in sending the impeachment procedure to the US senate for example is seen as an attempt by the democrats to keep the issue of the impeachment dragged out as long as they can so it can have some hoped for effect on the voting of the US people in their next election..

As far as i know most US media organizations are anti-trump CNN MSNBC ABC NPR to name a few from the impression i get only FOX is pro-Trump..  I may be wrong but that's the impression i get from over here in Australia..

• Well Said! 1