• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Jayne said:

4 pages just today on arguing and fussing

What a waste of a day

I'm getting ready to make Christmas cookies! Yeah.....! ?  ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Well me and another sister celebrated several days of the birth of Christ .   Nothing pagan in it ,  JUST lots of good songs , poems , and scriptures .

We celebrate the birth of our LORD .     And it was a rejoicing time .

Never put the pagan stuff into it , or its just evil .    But keep it pure and just honor and remember his birth .      That rejoices the soul .

SO put those hands up , one and all , and let us remember with JOY the day of HIS birth .

No man knows the day he was born .   OH but we know he was ,   and thus let all , as did the first ones , REJIOCE in remembrance of this and not only this ,

BUT EVERY SINGLE WORD HE EVER SAID , TAUGHT ,  and DID .   Their just are too many reasons to count to REJIOCE IN THE LORD .   And not one reason NOT TOO .

SO HANDS UP ,  THIS THREAD is getting TURNED INTO A PRAISE FEST UNTO THE LORD .

:shofar:

:dance:

1 minute ago, Margo1945 said:

exactly, @frienduff thaylorde .. I am happy for you and the other sister .. Happy and Holy CHRISTmas to you both

And how do we KNOW we truly LOVE JESUS .      He who LOVES ME , KEEPS my Commandments .

ALWAYS let us remember , that WHO WE LOVE IS WHO WE OBEY .    WHO we obey IS WHOSE we ARE .  

AND LET ALL REJOICE IN THE LORD and remember that HE was Born ,  THE SAVOIR .     Let us be both hearers and Doers of the word , with JOY in our hearts

for The very fruit of the SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness and truth , PROVING what is acceptable unto GOD .

And by their fruits YE SHALL KNOW THEM .

A lover of JESUS , loves righteousness , holiness , truth ,  Obeys HIM and has all HOPE IN HIM .   SO hands up  , margo ,  HANDS UP and PRAISE THE LORD .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

28 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Gingerbread cookies are my favorite. :) 

Oh wait, I'm certain at some point in the past someone who might have been a pagan liked them or (gasp) penned a gingerbread recipe which of course transforms these cookies into morsels of perdition! :wacko:

Very droll.

I know what, let's needle the people who want to celebrate what God has told us to celebrate, instead of following traditions of men.  Oh, wait, you (plural) already are!

I don't think there's any fruit in those cookies, not good fruit anyway.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Very droll.

I know what, let's needle the people who want to celebrate what God has told us to celebrate, instead of following traditions of men.  Oh, wait, you (plural) already are!

I don't think there's any fruit in those cookies, not good fruit anyway.

so are you saying that people who celebrate Christmas are sinning and going to hell over it?????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

4 pages just today on arguing and fussing

What a waste of a day

Yeah i didnt want all this arguing. Eh

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

29 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yeah i didnt want all this arguing. Eh

@Figure of eighty You're right. Arguing does not lift up the name of Jesus. You know I love you and Sydney.:emot-wanttohug: So I say this in a loving and respectful way. I, too once believed that the pagan stuff connected to it rendered Christmas a no-can-celebrate day. For awhile I tried hard to refrain from the 25th.

But the Lord touched my heart and showed me that what Satan may want for himself is no cause to throw up my arms and let him win (claim the 25th for his own.) In reality, God owns time and that includes Dec 25th.

If we were to abstain from ALL things with pagan roots we would have to no longer function in the real world. Literally. We would have to toss out our calendars which are pagan. The names of the months. And every time we say SUNday we are alluding to the worship of the 'sun god' and acknowledging it. So this is simply not practical.

God told me to take the day back from the devil, so to speak... by honoring Christ and witnessing to the lost. This is a rare time of year and a golden opportunity to do so. I have had better reception sharing the gospel at this time than any other.

I hope I can show you an alternate perspective. It is another way of looking at things. I put a lot of trust in scripture and Romans 8:28 says God works all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. The way I see it, even questionable holidays can be used to glorify God and help others.

Btw, I hope you are feeling better and that you were put on an antibiotic that finally worked. I have been praying for you. God bless.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

@Figure of eighty 

I hope it's okay that I'm posting in your thread twice in a row. I just wanted to clarify a bit. I hope this helps you or someone who reads it. Even if one person re-thinks things, it will not be in vain. Though I know everyone is entitled to their own point of view. So this is not to argue.

Just my  thoughts and experiences-think of it as turtle sharing her heart. :)One nice thing about celebrating on the 25th is that we can witness to those who are celebrating on that same day... 

I've found that people are more willing  to listen to me sharing the gospel then. Maybe because there are Nativity sets on display and Christmas hymns on the radio (subliminally causing people to think of Jesus. At least a little more than during the rest of the year. It's a start, anyway.)

The scriptural account is an ice breaker to lead into witnessing. Starting with Christ's miraculous virgin birth and going into His atonement. 

I've written Christmas poems that include the gospel. Then I've had them distributed to people in nursing homes and enclosed them in Christmas cards. This time of year is conducive to explaining things and has been effective for me.

• Thumbs Up 1