• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is an internet troll? What do they do? Do you see internet trolls on Worthy? 

Yes we do, ...a "Christian" troll only presents their opinion, they will talk about only one subject, ...their "pet" peeve and they will hijack any and every thread to interject their opinion, ...they will never talk about Grace, Love, Faith in their own lives because the can't. When they become frustrated they will attack or accuse those that "oppose" them, ...I've been on many BBQ forums, a ukulele forum and have never seen a troll, ...but "Christian" forums, ...they run rampant, ...makes me think of what my Jesus said, "You will  know them by their fruits!" Gal 5:19-21, or...., Gal 5:22-24 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I guess all of us from time to time have been trolls. To be elevated to the position of humble door-mat does us all good. I'd rather be a mat in heaven than a fine suit in hell.

Truism: you cannot take advantage of a Christian.

If we are seated in heavenly places, does it really matter what earthly domain we inhabit?

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is an internet troll? What do they do? Do you see internet trolls on Worthy? 

A troll has a mission. On  a Christian Message Board it is to distract. Their's is a "ministry of distraction".

Generally their thread titles will give clue, for it is generally a familiar question, often with a set up for controversy, asking  for opinions of others. Then every succeeding new thread post is a question on a new, but familiar topic. They  are not interested in any answers. They already have the view they want to use to distract Christians from sharing of Jesus. Secondly but importantly the troll tries plant doubt  in others, both in the faith of Jesus and also faith that one can communicate well enough to present Jesus.

The trolls are little antichrist among us. Trolls are common on Worthy as they are elsewhere on the internet.

There is one on the board that is quite active right now, and there are a few that go to the studies  and teaching areas as well as in Questions and General Discussion. Some of those may be  College students on assignment  directed  by a college professor to do a report on Christians regarding a subject, often as part of a Psychology  1 class course.

My own approach to potential trolls is to give as much simple straight forward presentation of the Gospel of Jesus in my own first response to whatever their question may  be, and then  to drop looking at the tread as soon as their pattern of distraction exposes their mission's purpose. I do not generally respond to their second strawman argument posed as a question.

I  often enough post once on their threads rather than just  put them on ignore immediately. In the past month  I cleared out 24 individual entities I had on ignore, 21 of them had come and gone. Seems they were not really interested in staying around once everyone got tired of their mission. 2 were evidently not trolls and have stayed on the board to this date. I only have 1 (potentially a troll) on ignore as of this time. There may be more  on the board. 

That is what I do. May others be quided by the Holy  Spirit into doing whatever they deem God wills for them.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You go into the site and you tell them who Jesus Christ is. They already know that. You give them some words for salvation from the Bible and if they do not agree you leave. They have digested the words with their eyes and mind. They are in the hands of God. Only God can open the heart and mind of a unbeliever. 

All one can do is try to plant a seed..... “ The Gospel is foolishness to those that Perish”.....Present the  Gospel and if there is no positive response, move on- don’t “ cast your pearls before swine”

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I definitely see this on Worthy. What is the best approach? Ignore them?

I troll them back with Gospel and Truth... You never know you may plant a seed in them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I might be rather naive on this subject. Sometimes I have fun answering someone's posts, and then someone will say they are a troll. Maybe they are right, at least in some cases. I wonder if some people think you are a troll for disagreeing with them.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Its better to focus on what Gods thinks of us than what humans think of us. As fellow members of the body of Christ we should encourage one another and not try and find opportunity to tear people apart. Only  God knows the true heart and intentions of a person.

Its a serious accusation for instance  to say that there are trolls in the prayer section. I have not noticed such and would think that anyone praying for another is doing so in the Love of Christ. It grieves me deeply to hear this. And I would think it grieves the Lord as well.

The definition of troll seems to be what some of you just find different from your way of doing things. For instance people express themselves differently, some like to argue and go page after page in argument and some do not, some they make there point and move on, some only use mostly certain section of the Forum board and that may be their preference of comfort zone at the moment. so be it.

In a forum of discussion, as I understand it, it is a place to share your thoughts, pictures, prayers, ideas, an opinion on a subject matter, it is a place to learn new things, its a place where we can ask questions and for some its a place for endless debate. Its a place to post recipes, pictures, videos, favorite hobbies, songs, humorous posts, serious post and prayer requests.

Not everyone can write with eloquence. We don't know , maybe some people come here from another country and English is not their first language, yet they are making an effort to  reach out and contribute and be part of a body of Christ in their own small way, perhaps because this forum may be their only way to hear about salvation through Christ Jesus. Some people have handicaps that one perhaps cannot necessarily pinpoint from just reading a post.  Some people are more private than others for their own specific reason that we are not in any position to judge. Some people may be visually impaired and writing comes harder and more of a challenge for them  yet they may still wish to contribute. Some may be handicapped, intellectually, through a stroke or other, in the hands and have a difficult  typing, some may be mentally challenged and write as they feel at the moment.   This does not make them trolls and some reading this post may feel they are looked at as a troll just because they are different in the way they write, express themselves, or how they contribute in however humble way they can.

Only God can judge the heart of a person with precise accuracy. We as a body of Christ should be fisherman of mans souls and share the good news, and let Him do the clean up of their hearts . Every human being has a right to know the Lord and should be given that chance, especially on a christian site .

No one person knows everything,  these message boards, are where idea and thoughts can be shared and for sure, if we are open to learning as we go, it can become a worthwhile especially if it means growing in Christ. Amen! .

Edited by 1to3
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I might be rather naive on this subject. Sometimes I have fun answering someone's posts, and then someone will say they are a troll. Maybe they are right, at least in some cases. I wonder if some people think you are a troll for disagreeing with them.

No, it is different than just disagreeing with someone. They maliciously and on purpose start quarrels among the members. They want to provoke. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

All one can do is try to plant a seed..... “ The Gospel is foolishness to those that Perish”.....Present the  Gospel and if there is no positive response, move on- don’t “ cast your pearls before swine”

That is a good response. Plant a seed for Jesus Christ. But then move on. If they continue put them on ignore. 

• Thumbs Up 2