• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  16

8 minutes ago, Alive said:

It appears the contagion is significant.

it certainly does.  There are quite a few on board the Diamond Princess tweeting from their cabins about their experience.  One story out already is of an American couple, now separated with the wife confirmed infected and removed to a hospital with the husband left aboard 'uninfected'.   I'm doubtful he will remain so very long...

As far as we know, only one case of the 64 known is listed as "serious".  But, since the infected are being distributed to several different Japanese hospitals case categories may not be reported for days depending on how efficient the Japanese data collection systems are at ramping up to meet the task.  And when reported it may not be clear who is from the cruise ship and who isn't.

Japan has 89 official cases on the books, with 4 of those listed as "recovered".  The official count has not yet included the 64 from the ship. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.40
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

it certainly does.  There are quite a few on board the Diamond Princess tweeting from their cabins about their experience.  One story out already is of an American couple, now separated with the wife confirmed infected and removed to a hospital with the husband left aboard 'uninfected'.   I'm doubtful he will remain so very long...

As far as we know, only one case of the 64 known is listed as "serious".  But, since the infected are being distributed to several different Japanese hospitals case categories may not be reported for days depending on how efficient the Japanese data collection systems are at ramping up to meet the task.  And when reported it may not be clear who is from the cruise ship and who isn't.

Japan has 89 official cases on the books, with 4 of those listed as "recovered".  The official count has not yet included the 64 from the ship. 

It's going to be interesting to watch this unfold. I am sure you have watched the newscasts of our (USA) officials from the cabinet and the CDC explaining things.

Probably my imagination, but something hasn't seemed quite right. Something in the body language, eyes and attitudes.

Probably stems from my basic distrust.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

A full 1/4th of China's total population is now locked down in quarantined cities.  400 million people.

Cruise ships are becoming data generators of note. 

In the best reported on example, the Diamond Princess Cruise ship now docked (and quarantined) in Yokohama, 61 cases of the first 273 tested have been confirmed infected.   Another less reported on cruise ship is docked at Hong Kong, we may or may not get detailed information from that one.

Keep an ear peeled for news of the "Westerdam", a Holland America lines cruise ship that picked up 800 passengers from Hong Kong on February 1st, and has now been denied permission to dock by 4 different countries.  The crew says no one aboard is exhibiting symptoms of concern, and it may be true, but for now it's a ship without a home...

The story of the Diamond Princess has yet to fully unfold.

1.  There was a passenger who got off the ship last month (January 20th) in Hong Kong who tested positive for 2019 nCov.  Tracking of "close contacts" of course led immediately to the Diamond Princess.

2.  The Japanese government allowed the ship to dock but placed all passengers and crew under two week quarantine (February 4th), and began testing of 273 passengers and crew identified as potential "close contacts" or who had suspicious symptoms.

3.  First ten confirmed infections were announced Wednesday and ten more the next day.  Friday another 41 were announced.  Just in the past few hours three more infections have been confirmed.  S0, what we know so far is that 64 of 273 tested so far are confirmed infected, and it's not clear if all 273 test results have been announced.

4.  The quarantine of the ship was due to end February 19th.  It seems likely that will probably be extended now.

5. The Diamond Princess docked with a total ship's compliment of 3711 passengers and crew.  The current population is reported to be 3666, so at least 45 people have been hospitalized (pretty much as reported).

The numbers are most likely higher as we can't trust the news,did you get this information from Skynews?

7 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The numbers are most likely higher as we can't trust the news,did you get this information from Skynews?

That was a summary of news I've gathered from many different sources, but this time I don't think Sky News was one of them.  The "official" numbers are so massaged they're hardly worth reporting any more.  That has been obvious to anyone who has had the time to follow this closely since at least Jan 24th.  All the anecdotal evidence, including dozens of videos of people collapsing in the streets, body bags being piled into the back of vans headed for crematoriums, dozens of reports of people who have been to 5 hospitals seeking care and been turned away, untested, Chinese doctors reporting that dying patients are not being included in the official statistics because they were never formally tested for the virus...on and on.

There is absolutely no doubt that the total numbers of infected are orders of magnitude higher than the official numbers indicate.  And the number of deaths as well. 

The official control measures have completely shut down 1/3rd of the Chinese economy.....so they know.  But they are not telling....

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

That was a summary of news I've gathered from many different sources, but this time I don't think Sky News was one of them.  The "official" numbers are so massaged they're hardly worth reporting any more.  That has been obvious to anyone who has had the time to follow this closely since at least Jan 24th.  All the anecdotal evidence, including dozens of videos of people collapsing in the streets, body bags being piled into the back of vans headed for crematoriums, dozens of reports of people who have been to 5 hospitals seeking care and been turned away, untested, Chinese doctors reporting that dying patients are not being included in the official statistics because they were never formally tested for the virus...on and on.

There is absolutely no doubt that the total numbers of infected are orders of magnitude higher than the official numbers indicate.  And the number of deaths as well. 

The official control measures have completely shut down 1/3rd of the Chinese economy.....so they know.  But they are not telling....

Prayers for the people and especially those Christians throughout China and there are a great many. I suspect the Lord is doing a work there in the midst of this that will bring glory to His Name and save many.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,160
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, just_abc said:

Ok.  I was just wondering if perhaps your friend could try the seventh question under "Health and Welfare" ..

i.e the question " Q : What are the current recommendations regarding self-quarantine?"

The last sentence in the answer given mentions about returning from Hong Kong etc.  (unless page has been updated or something maybe) 

But yeah might be helpful for your friend to have more info I think.

Anyways just thought I would mention it.  I hope it helps!

Thanks.

:)

ps .  Another website page I came across which possibly has some info  

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/wuhan-novel-coronavirus/

hey just_abc that is great thanks i will email my freind next

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Prayers for the people and especially those Christians throughout China and there are a great many. I suspect the Lord is doing a work there in the midst of this that will bring glory to His Name and save many.

That's what the shaking is for.  I hope Christians here are beginning to pray about what to do to get ready...without a miracle, we'll see it here too.  The harvest fields are ripe.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

14 minutes ago, Jostler said:

That's what the shaking is for.  I hope Christians here are beginning to pray about what to do to get ready...without a miracle, we'll see it here too.  The harvest fields are ripe.

Time will tell, brother. Time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29