IGNORED

To Those Who Blasphemed Against the HS..

ItsJustDeep

Have You Ever Blasphemed Against The Holy Spirit?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest.

• Once Upon A Time
    • Never.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure there must have been 1 or 2 people to do this in their lifetime..either as sinners who were later born again, athiest apologetics mocking with friends, muslims,etc.

Maybe you remember and don't want to admit it, or maybe you never committed such an act. The unforgiveable one. But

Matthew 12:31‭-‬32 says

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 

So what do you tell the person who later reads the scripture but has either already accepted Christ or not?

Should they just give up? Living in a "Do What Thou Wilt" attitude knowing they're condemned beyond saving?

Does God speak to those who want to know if they are comdemned or want forgiveness? Or are they shunned forever from the moment of blasphemy?

Why do you think blasphemy against the Holy Spirit specifically is the crime of all crimes?

Is God, the Son and Spirit not all the same? It seems to hold the HS in a higher regard than the Father or Son.

Well I for one can admit I've directly blasphemed the HS once upon a time. So now what?

Am I doomed? ? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@Deeplytroubled

I’m of the mind that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the utter refusal of all He does durning the lifetime of a soul...Which is the one thing that will condemn a person, a utter refusal to “come to Jesus”.... So if you still have life and are concerned, you haven’t committed the sin that there is no remedy for... So with a heart turned toward Christ, seek Him while He can be found, and that is as long as today is called today. 

Be blessed as you seek Christ, Not me 

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

12 minutes ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Is God, the Son and Spirit not all the same? It seems to hold the HS in a higher regard than the Father or Son.

Well I for one can admit I've directly blasphemed the HS once upon a time. So now what?

Am I doomed? ? 

The context was abt The pharisees accused Jesus of using the power of baal to make miracles because their heart is jealous n no intention to repent but to kill Him , if people fear HS n Jesus n obey God then u r saved .

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

To date no one I've talked to actually knows what that is for sure...

• Haha 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

I'm sure there must have been 1 or 2 people to do this in their lifetime..either as sinners who were later born again, athiest apologetics mocking with friends, muslims,etc.

Maybe you remember and don't want to admit it, or maybe you never committed such an act. The unforgiveable one. But

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 

So what do you tell the person who later reads the scripture but has either already accepted Christ or not?

Should they just give up? Living in a "Do What Thou Wilt" attitude knowing they're condemned beyond saving?

Does God speak to those who want to know if they are comdemned or want forgiveness? Or are they shunned forever from the moment of blasphemy?

Why do you think blasphemy against the Holy Spirit specifically is the crime of all crimes?

Am I doomed? ? 

The good news is that blasphemy against the holy spirit is a sin that no longer exists today. 

It was actually when Jesus was still on earth and people seeing the miracles he performed- making it out to be the powers of the devil instead of the holy spirit. 

That's my take on this.

I actually wrote a similar topic about this 3 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Question: "What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: The concept of “blasphemy against the Spirit” is mentioned in Mark 3:22–30 and Matthew 12:22–32. Jesus has just performed a miracle. A demon-possessed man was brought to Jesus, and the Lord cast the demon out, healing the man of blindness and muteness. The eyewitnesses to this exorcism began to wonder if Jesus was indeed the Messiah they had been waiting for. A group of Pharisees, hearing the talk of the Messiah, quickly quashed any budding faith in the crowd: “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons,” they said (Matthew 12:24).

Jesus rebuts the Pharisees with some logical arguments for why He is not casting out demons in the power of Satan (Matthew 12:25–29). Then He speaks of the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (verses 31–32).

The term blasphemy may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. Blasphemy is also attributing some evil to God or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This particular case of blasphemy, however, is called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. The Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:24). Notice in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what the Pharisees did to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an impure spirit.’”

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to do with accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. This particular type of blasphemy cannot be duplicated today. The Pharisees were in a unique moment in history: they had the Law and the Prophets, they had the Holy Spirit stirring their hearts, they had the Son of God Himself standing right in front of them, and they saw with their own eyes the miracles He did. Never before in the history of the world (and never since) had so much divine light been granted to men; if anyone should have recognized Jesus for who He was, it was the Pharisees. Yet they chose defiance. They purposely attributed the work of the Spirit to the devil, even though they knew the truth and had the proof. Jesus declared their willful blindness to be unpardonable. Their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was their final rejection of God’s grace. They had set their course, and God was going to let them sail into perdition unhindered.

Jesus told the crowd that the Pharisees’ blasphemy against the Holy Spirit “will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:32). This is another way of saying that their sin would never be forgiven, ever. Not now, not in eternity. As Mark 3:29 puts it, “They are guilty of an eternal sin.”

The immediate result of the Pharisees’ public rejection of Christ (and God’s rejection of them) is seen in the next chapter. Jesus, for the first time, “told them many things in parables” (Matthew 13:3; cf. Mark 4:2). The disciples were puzzled at Jesus’ change of teaching method, and Jesus explained His use of parables: “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. . . . Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand” (Matthew 13:11, 13). Jesus began to veil the truth with parables and metaphors as a direct result of the Jewish leaders’ official denunciation of Him.

Again, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit cannot be repeated today, although some people try. Jesus Christ is not on earth—He is seated at the right hand of God. No one can personally witness Jesus performing a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit.

The unpardonable sin today is the state of continued unbelief. The Spirit currently convicts the unsaved world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). To resist that conviction and willfully remain unrepentant is to “blaspheme” the Spirit. There is no pardon, either in this age or in the age to come, for a person who rejects the Spirit’s promptings to trust in Jesus Christ and then dies in unbelief. The love of God is evident: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). And the choice is clear: “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him” (John 3:36).https://www.gotquestions.org/blasphemy-Holy-Spirit.html

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

To Those Who Blasphemed Against the HS..

Then they are toast. Plain and simple.  

Matthew 12:31-32 KJV 31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Am I doomed? ? 

Jesus is not a liar.  If he said there would be no forgiveness, that is what he meant.  The question is whether you really committed that sin?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

Question: "What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: The concept of “blasphemy against the Spirit” is mentioned in Mark 3:22–30 and Matthew 12:22–32. Jesus has just performed a miracle. A demon-possessed man was brought to Jesus, and the Lord cast the demon out, healing the man of blindness and muteness. The eyewitnesses to this exorcism began to wonder if Jesus was indeed the Messiah they had been waiting for. A group of Pharisees, hearing the talk of the Messiah, quickly quashed any budding faith in the crowd: “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons,” they said (Matthew 12:24).

Jesus rebuts the Pharisees with some logical arguments for why He is not casting out demons in the power of Satan (Matthew 12:25–29). Then He speaks of the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (verses 31–32).

The term blasphemy may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. Blasphemy is also attributing some evil to God or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This particular case of blasphemy, however, is called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. The Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:24). Notice in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what the Pharisees did to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an impure spirit.’”

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to do with accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. This particular type of blasphemy cannot be duplicated today. The Pharisees were in a unique moment in history: they had the Law and the Prophets, they had the Holy Spirit stirring their hearts, they had the Son of God Himself standing right in front of them, and they saw with their own eyes the miracles He did. Never before in the history of the world (and never since) had so much divine light been granted to men; if anyone should have recognized Jesus for who He was, it was the Pharisees. Yet they chose defiance. They purposely attributed the work of the Spirit to the devil, even though they knew the truth and had the proof. Jesus declared their willful blindness to be unpardonable. Their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was their final rejection of God’s grace. They had set their course, and God was going to let them sail into perdition unhindered.

Jesus told the crowd that the Pharisees’ blasphemy against the Holy Spirit “will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:32). This is another way of saying that their sin would never be forgiven, ever. Not now, not in eternity. As Mark 3:29 puts it, “They are guilty of an eternal sin.”

The immediate result of the Pharisees’ public rejection of Christ (and God’s rejection of them) is seen in the next chapter. Jesus, for the first time, “told them many things in parables” (Matthew 13:3; cf. Mark 4:2). The disciples were puzzled at Jesus’ change of teaching method, and Jesus explained His use of parables: “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. . . . Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand” (Matthew 13:11, 13). Jesus began to veil the truth with parables and metaphors as a direct result of the Jewish leaders’ official denunciation of Him.

Again, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit cannot be repeated today, although some people try. Jesus Christ is not on earth—He is seated at the right hand of God. No one can personally witness Jesus performing a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit.

The unpardonable sin today is the state of continued unbelief. The Spirit currently convicts the unsaved world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). To resist that conviction and willfully remain unrepentant is to “blaspheme” the Spirit. There is no pardon, either in this age or in the age to come, for a person who rejects the Spirit’s promptings to trust in Jesus Christ and then dies in unbelief. The love of God is evident: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). And the choice is clear: “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him” (John 3:36).https://www.gotquestions.org/blasphemy-Holy-Spirit.html

The unpardonable sin today is the state of continued unbelief.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

13 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Am I doomed? ? 

No friend, you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit, ...the simple proof is, ...if you had you wouldn't be here posting on a born again believer's site, ...and you wouldn't be worried about if you had.

Was that not the attitude of the Pharisees?  They didn't "know" they had Blasphemed the Holy Spirit, ...right?

Second thing is, ...you are "not" doomed, ...because what "sin" you "think" you did that was "blaspheming" the Holy Spirit, ...was already covered by the Blood of Jesus waay back in Eternity past before Genesis 1:1

..the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8b

And also waay back in Eternity past, ...before Genesis 1:1, ...we who are "born again children of God," our Heavenly Father declared us "blameless" and "holy!"

According as He (Father) hath chosen us in Him (Jesus) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in Love (Agape):  Eph 1:4

So then the question is; have you ever "received" Jesus into your heart? If so then the Word tells us:

But as many as received Him (Jesus), to them gave He (Holy Spirit)power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His (Jesus) Name:  John 1:12

If so, ...then we are told we are in a spiritual war and the battle ground is our minds, ...the devil is messin' with you...  Eph 6:12

Here's another verse to consider:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:13

That means we aren't born again because our parents are.

We aren't born again because "we" want to be born again (that means by our own efforts).

And we aren't born again because someone else is praying for us and "they" want us to be born again.

The Word tells us "how" God causes us to be born again:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

What that is telling us is there is a "spiritual" conception, ...the Holy Spirit supplies the seed (sperm) and the Word of God us the ovum. Then Peter tells us what verse(s) they were in his life:

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever.   1 Pet 1:24-25

We believe this happened in Luke 5:8:

When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

The reason it's important to know what verse was used in our spiritual "conception" is because that is our "Helmet" of Salvation, ...a part of our armor in the spiritual war Eph 6:17, ...when the enemy whispers in our ear, ...when he places that thought in our minds, "...are you sure you are born again?" we can use the our Sword and defeat his questions with the verse used in our conception, ...like James tells us:

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

If you are born again and can't remember what verse in the Word of God was used in your spiritual conception ,...then ask the Holy Spirit, ...He will bring it to your remembrance.

If you don't remember that day when the Holy Spirit "illuminated" your sinful state and you "knew" your destiny was Hell, ...then it's quite possible God has brought you here to Worthy to here the Gospel:

...that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures: 1 Cor 15:3b-4

If you "know" in your heart you are a sinner, doomed to Hell, ...and you have never "received" Jesus into your heart, ...you have never invited Him into your life, ...that can change today, at this very moment, ...all you have to say, ...from your heart, not your head, is, "Jesus have mercy on me a sinner, ...I invite you to come into my heart!"

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Rom 10:9-10

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:13

I hope this helps...

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1