• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Robert Bowman has an Biblical Outline of the Trinity online,  just google it.

If you read the church fathers online you will find it was not an invention 381 CE.

newadvent.org

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Here I must disagree with you. Your reference to him being "like any person" is were your trouble begins. Only by making this jump do your other contentions make any sense.

Your not disagreeing with me, your disagreeing with God's Word, the Scriptures.

A student, while attending a Bible collage discussed this subject of God being an invisible nothing being taught there, showed the teachers all the these Scriptures of God having bodily parts mentioned in Scriptures, and they said;

"Well, that’s a mere human expression trying to convey some idea of God."

He argued back, "What kind of a human expression could it be, or what kind of an idea could this human expression convey about God that He doesn't have these bodily parts or that He does?"

They said that God is a Spirit. They did have that knowledge, that one thing, that God is a Spirit, but they refuse to recognise all these many hundreds of other Scriptures describing God's Spirit body as being real with bodily parts like a human being.

And so the student said to them;

"Is that the way you would tell me you didn't have hands, to talk about your hands, what you did with your hands, what you could do with your hands, and what your going to do with your hands, your really trying to get across to me that you didn't have any such thing?"

"Oh no, they said, that isn't the way we would say it?"

"Well," my friend said, "How would you say it?"

"Well" they said, If we didn't have hands we would tell you, we do not have hands."

My friend replied;

"If God ever said that, ONE time in the Bible, that He did not have hands, He didn't have feet to walk on, He didn't have hair, He didn't have a body, He couldn't wear cloths, He couldn't sit on a Throne, He couldn't see, hear, If it ever said one thing like that about God, then that would be sufficient, I would take all these hundreds. of so called human expressions as being figurative language about God."

He had learnt that all figurative language expresses literal truths just like the figures themselves. In other words, figures of speech convey real ideas, not unreality.

In Exodus 33:18, Moses asks God, “Please show me your glory.” God responds, “‘I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,’ he said, ‘you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.’

Then the Lord said, ‘There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.’” (Exodus 33:19–23).

God had a hand to place over Moses's face, and Moses saw God's back. So if God has back parts, He must also have front parts.

• Oy Vey! 1

14 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Your god is too small. Man is created in his image, but not his exactitude. You have a god whose image could be carved into an idol. Your Jesus is not eternal. You preach another god than ours.

No where did I say Jesus is not eternal. That statement of yours is a lie!

You left out the word IMAGE.  We are created in God's IMAGE and LIKENESS. 

[ˈɪmɪdʒ]

NOUN
a representation of the external form of a person
likeness
[ˈlʌɪknəs]

NOUN, the fact or quality of being alike;  resemblance · similarity · alikeness · sameness

Edited by HAZARD

7 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

My apology--I confused you with another. But your God is finite--only at one place at a time.

Not so. Read all the scriptures posted and you will see the truth.  God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ;  18:1-22,  33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ;  Zech. 14:5 ;  Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ;  God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ;  Exodus 24:11).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

I don't understand why God the Father is limited just to sitting on the throne.  HE is omnipresent. 

IMHO, "Father" Yahweh rules the spiritual realm.  If He were to appear to any of us in the physical realm, it would so overwhelm our senses that we would die.  No human has seen the Father except His Son Jesus. The Father doesn't just sit on His Throne.  He rules all the spiritual realms in the entirety of the  heavens and on earth.

"Jesus" Yahweh rules the physical realm.  In the OT, whenever someone sees the LORD, Angel of the Lord, Word of the Lord, it is referring to the pre-incarnate Jesus.  It was the pre-incarnate Jesus that led the Israelites from Egypt to Israel, and went before Israel to defeat the pagan tribes who had moved into the Promised Land during the 400-year Egyptian Bondage.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

I am familiar with all the scriptures, yet you believe that God who created man naked, literally clothes himself. You believe that God who needs nothing outside Himself, has a digestion system.

The Word who was with God and was God and became flesh, eats food, wears cloths and goes from place to place.

I believe what's written in the scriptures, nothing more. does God eat food? He does when He wants to.

Genesis 18: 1, And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 

Genesis 18:7-8,  

7, And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 
    8, And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, AND THEY DID EAT.

Does God wear cloths?

Revelation 1: 13-15,

13, And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, CLOTHED WITH A GARMENT DOWN TO THE FOOT, and girt about the paps with a GOLDEN GIRDLE. 

14, His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 
    15, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

He has eyes, hair, feet, and a voice.

Edited by HAZARD
correct spelling error

Just now, charisenexcelsis said:

There is confusion in you between Christ post-incarnate state and God's eternal state.

Christ and the Father are "ONE" in unity in all things. Do you believe the Father is naked?

5 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Yes, I do. And without shame. Answer me truthfully and directly: How is your doctrine of the trinity different from the Mormon's doctrine of the trinity?

I know nothing about the Mormons, I don't know their doctrins, or their view on the trinity. I have nothing to do with them or even want to.

God is not on His throne naked, that's ridicules. Your ignoring plain simple to understand scripture.

Daniel 7:9 
 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit. whose GARMENT was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Did you read in one of my earlier posts, the word trinity is not one time mentioned in the bible? The word Godhead is mentioned three times.

Acts 17:29 
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 

Romans 1:20 
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so7 that they are without excuse: 
Colossians 2:9 

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 

2 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Nor does he grow wheat, grind it into flours, work it into dough, place it into an oven to make bread to eat.

God can do anything He likes. No King, especially God would  grow wheat, grind it into flours, work it into dough, place it into an oven to make bread to eat. But Scripture shows that He can and does eat when He wants to, and He does wear cloths. You continue to ignore plain simple scripture. 

Daniel 7:9 
 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit. whose GARMENT was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

13 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

We speak equivocally. God's mind is not like our mind, but that is the only word we have to describe it. His voice is not like our voice, but that is the only word we have to describe it. You want to take the words univocally, making Him as small as we can imagine. Do God's eyes roam about the earth? Can the world support His feet? Is His shape so like ours that there are parts only proper to cover? This is the God you form with your doctrine.

Not my doctrine, and I'm not forming anything, its plainly and clearly written in scripture which you ignore and or do not believe. That's your problem, not mine.

I give scripture supporting what I believe straight from God's Word. So far all you have given is your own words of your pet theory.

His voice is not like ours??? Sorry, wrong again.

He spoke in a audible language which was heard and understood by those there.

Matthew 3:17, And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5, While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

You said, "Do God's eyes roam about the earth?"

If you read and understood God's Word you would have read these scriptures and you would know that God sends messengers throughout the Earth who report to Him of all that they find in the Earth that goes on (Dan. 10:13-21; 11;1; 12:1; Zech.1:7-11; 6:1-8; Matt. 18:10-11; Heb. 2:4). God does not take care of every detail of His vast business in all the kingdoms of the universe. His agents help Him and they are found in every part of the universe on missions for God. Certain angels are responsible to God for carrying out His will in almost infinite detail concerning the billions of suns, moons, planets and all free moral agents on them.

Edited by HAZARD